Status: Active. :]

Someone, Somewhere

Chapter 6: Trust Is Most Important

My biggest secret in the entire world was no longer a secret. Atleast, not to one person. And, I don't know that he hasn't told everyone that he has come into contact with that I am really Amber McPherson, instead of Autumn McPherson. He should tell everyone. I deserved it. I desrverd for everyone to know. I was the biggest unsolved missing persons case in all of America and I had been hiding for 3 years. I began slowly making my way back to Sumerian Records. I had at least 5 blocks to go when I broke out in a run. If Danny told anyone from my band that I wasn't Autumn McPherson, my dream of opening for Asking Alexandria would be over. I ran the 5 blocks to Sumerian Records, and burst through the studio doors. Rehearsal had been over a good two or three hours, so everyone was just sitting around jamming out. Everyone, that is, except Danny. Cassandra noticed me first.
“Where have you been?” She asked.
“With Danny.” I replied, out of breathe.
“Well, then where is he now?” Ben asked.
“I don't know. He left me.” I tried to catch my breathe.
“Why did he leave you in the streets of NYC? You could've gotten killed!” Sierra screamed, a little annoyed.
“We... had a fight.” I lowered my head.
Everyone gasped, which confused me. Did everyone see the chemistry between Danny and I?
“What a shame.” Sierra commented.
“Oh, that sucks. Ben said.
“What was the fight about?” Cassandra asked.
I looked at her a moment. She didn't know? I looked at everyone in the room. Ben, Sierra, James, Alex, Sam, Andrew, Cameron; none of them knew?
“Danny didn't tell you?” I asked.
“Honey, we haven't seen him since he ran after you.” Cassandra answered.
Without a single thought more, I whirled around and ran out of Sumerian Records. I wasn't paying any attention to where I was going. I didn't even know where I was going, and even if I did, I had no idea why I was going there. If Danny hadn't been to Sumerian Records, where did he go? And, more imortnantly, who did he tell? I searched through every alley I came to, every store I came across, and every person I met, I asked if they had seen Danny Worsnop. One woman said she saw him by the Statue of Liberty, another said he at the Empire State Building. I check both places. He was at neither. I checked his apartment and I even went back to the police station. Finally, I headed down Broadway. His beautiful head of hair was the first thing I saw.
Danny was standing around talking to some guys. I walked up to him and tapped him on the shoulder. When he turned around, his smile faded. He turned back to the guys.
“Guys, I'll see you around.” He said to them, and they walked off.
Then, he turned back to me, still not smiling.
“Who are they?” I asked him, skeptical.
“Just some old friends.” He replied, plainly.
“Oh, really?” I questioned.
“Really. I thought you didn't care about my personal life?” He challenged.
“I don't. But I do care about mine.” I shot back.
“Yeah? I did, too. Until I found out most of it was lies.” Danny replied, with a sorrowful face.
I felt ashamed. I shouldn't have told that lie, especially to Danny. I knew what it was like to have something you love so much be torn away from you by someone else. I knew it all well.
“Why didn't you go and tell everyone at Sumerian Records that I am Amber McPherson?” I asked him.
Danny sort of laughed and cried at the same time.
“You still don't get it?” Danny shook his head, and placed his hands on my shoulders, staring me straight in the eyes. He had beautiful eyes.
“This entire time I have been trying to build your trust.” Danny explained.
The left a whole in my heart. This entire time, he didn't cared about the lies. He just wanted me to trust him.
“You don't care that everything you know about me is a lie?” I asked.
Danny stepped closer.
“No, all I care about is you trusting me.” He answered.
I smiled at him.
“Why?” I asked, toying with him.
He chuckled.
“Well, because if you trust me enough, you might tell me more about the real you, and I could get to know you all over again, love.” Danny looked me in the eyes as he said this.
I knew he meant every word of it, and that he was true, genuine, and deeply passionate about getting to know the real me. And, it might just be the accent, but suddenly, I was just as passionate about getting to know him, too. At that moment, I knew I could trust Danny with my life. I leaned forward and kissed him. Before I knew what I had done, I kissed him. Deeply, I kissed him, and he kissed me back, but then pulled away and smiled.
“Let me get to know you, first.” Danny joked.
I smiled back and nodded.

“I ran away to get away from my ex-boyfriend. I've never, once, looked back.” I told Danny.
Danny smiled at me, because I finally trusted him enough to tell him my past.
“See? Now, was that so hard?” He teased.
I smiled at him, and leaned on the outside booth we were sitting at. I took a sip of my coke, and turned to him.
“No, it was actually a lot easier than I thought, to tell you about my past.” I confessed.
“Can I still call you Autumn? I don't think I can make the transition from calling you Autumn to calling you Amber, so quickly. After all, I thought there were two of you.” Danny asked, teasingly.
“No, you can still call me Autumn. My band and the rest of Asking Alexandria still know me as Autumn, anyway.” I explained, as Danny waved to the waiter.
“When are you going to tell them?” Danny asked, looking at the menu.
“Honestly, I haven't deciced against not telling them. My life is perfect, now, as Autumn. If I'm Amber again, I have problems to face.” I said looking over the menu.
Danny slammed his menu on the table, and I jumped.
“You're going to have to face your problems sometime. I mean, don't you miss your family. They aren't the problem.” Danny exclaimed.
“I knew they aren't the problem. But, they led to the problem. Seeing them now, would just remind me of the problem.” I explained.
“Maybe you need to be reminded in order for you move on.” Danny insisted.
“Maybe. Just not today.” I begged.
“Well, I don't expect you to make this jump over night. But, you're mom has called. You should talk to her.” Danny ordered.
“Not today.” I simply replied.
“Wounds need time to heal. You just have to stop picking at the scab. I didn't complete rehab in one day. It took months of little by little help.” Danny explained, his accent flowing more fluently than before.
“That reminds me of something.” I said, smiling.
“What?” Danny asked, completely interested.
“I don't know anything about you.” I explained.
Danny laughed. I guess we both have things to learn.
“What do you want to know?” Danny asked.
I smiled, a devilish grin, that stretched from ear to ear.
“I want to know everything.” I said.
“Everything? Uh, I don't know. Can I trust you?” Danny teased, and pulled out his phone from his pocket.
“Yes! Yes! I want to know everything!” I screamed.
Danny smiled, but then looked dissapointed. He showed me his phone. It was 11:26 PM.
“Okay, how about tomorrow after the show, you and I go to dinner? And, you can learn everything about me.” Danny asked.
“You mean, like a date?” I was more excited at the word than I thought I would be.
“Do you want it to be a date?” Danny asked, smiling at me from across the table.
“Yeah, I'd like that.” I smiled back.
“Good, me, too.” Danny and I laughed.
“So, our show starts at 6, so say, around 9?” I asked.
Danny smiled even brighter than before.
“It's a date.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long.