Sequel: My Own Glory
Status: Completed- So go read the sequal!! Please! :)

Just One Cup

Meeting the Team

Throughout the game, I found myself really getting into it. I cheered at the goals, I yell at the refs. Vero helped me understand the game a little bit, explaining some of the calls and actions.

Madison kept in the game, standing at the wall on her toes for a better view. When Sidney scored a point, she drummed my leg pointing at Sidney. This happened two more times, Sidney gaining a 'hat trick' as Vero called it.

By the end of 3 periods, the Penguins won 3-1 against the Panthers.

"You ready to head back?" Vero asked. I smiled and watched Maddi take Vero's hand as she led us to the locker room. "The guys will be in a good mood after the win. They've been on a winning streak the past month." Vero explained.

"Well who is this Vero? I don't remember you and Marc..." Vero laughed.

"No, this is my friend Danni and her goddaughter Madison. Danni, this is Anne Adams. She's Craig's wife."

"It's nice to meet you."

"You too. We've heard a lot about you."

"I feel like I should be worried." I said and they both laughed.

"Oh no, don't worry about it. Everyone is excited to meet you." Anne said.

The girls laughed at my facial expression as a few of the guys came out from the locker room.

"Marc!" Vero yelled. Soon, a very tall man strutted over to us. His hair looked wet and slicked back under his Penguins hat. He dressed in a dark grey suit, a light blue button up and a grey tie, "Marc, I want you to meet Danni and Madison." Vero introduced.

"Ah, it's a pleasure to finally meet you. We've heard a lot."

"So I've heard. Maddi, can you say 'hi'?" Marc squatted down to Maddi's height, who was hidden behind my leg, "He's a friend of Sidney's." I added and instantly Maddi hugged Marc.

"It is a pleasure to meet you." Marc said, his accent evident with each word. "Did you enjoy the game?" He asked her. She nodded and pointed to her jersey, "You saw Sidney score?" She nodded. "Did you see me make the saves? I was the big guy by the net." She smiled and held up her hand for a high five. My eyes widened.

"Well who is this?" Another voice asked joining our group. I recognized him from my first day of work. He smiled at Maddi, "Bonjour belle fille." Maddi tittled her head to the side as he spoke in French. "Max, she doesn't know French." Marc told him.

"I should teach her some French."

"Max, you will be the last person to teach her anything." A familiar voice spoke.

Emerging from the door was Sidney in the same attire as his teammates. Did this boy know how to dress or what? Usually when I saw him, he was in sweats or maybe jeans. This was a view I could get use too; the light grey suit, a white shirt, and a royal blue tie. His hair looked to be slightly gelled or very wet from the shower he had. He could seriously be mistaken for a male model instead of a hockey player.

When he spotted me, he smiled causing me to blush and look away. Madison broke away from Marc and ran over to Sidney who held his arms open for the same girl.

"Hello Maddi. Did you have fun?" She smiled and held up three fingers, "My three goals?" She nodded, "I scored all of those for you." Then she added another finger.

"Looks like she wants four next time." Max said.

"She's becoming a hockey fan. She was very excited through the whole game." Vero added.

A few more guys joined our little group, "Guys, this is Danni. Danni, the guys." Sidney introduced.

"I'm Jordan." A extremely tall, blond haired guy said, "And this is Kris and Geno." The two other guys gave a small wave obviously quiet ones of the group.

"It's nice to meet you."

"So Danni, are you joining our celebration?" Max asked.

"Um, probably not. I need to get her home and to bed."

"Alright, but promise you'll come out with us sometime?" I smiled.

"We'll see."

"It was very nice to meet you." Vero said giving me a hug and catching me by surprise. The rest of the guys said their goodbyes to Madison and I and left, leaving Sidney and I.

"Where are you parked?" He asked, Madison still in his arms.

"Out front."

"I'll walk you out."

"Are you sure? Aren't people going to surround you or something?" He stopped and looked as if he was thinking about it.

"Then I'll give you a ride over there. I don't want you walking over there by yourself." I smiled and just followed him.

"Do you want me to take her?" I asked him.

"Nah, I've got her." Maddi had wrapped her arms around his neck and rested her head in the crook of his neck, her eyes appearing to be closed.

Lucky girl.

"So did you have a good time?" Sidney asked me.

"Yeah, I enjoyed it. Vero had to explain some things to me. I think Maddi understands the game better then I do." He laughed.

"I'm glad you had fun...Maybe you'll consider another game?" It almost sounded like a question, like he really wanted me to come back.

"I might have to consider it." He smiled and faced forward again.

We remained quiet until we got to his car. I was expecting a whole bunch of people but they must've left. I hadn't realized we were in there very long.

Reaching his car, he handed me Maddi and I jumped in the back seat as he started up his car. It smelled like a mix of hockey, cologne, and the woodsy air freshener that hung from his rear view mirror. If this is what he always smelled like, I could defiantly get use to it.

The drive to my car was less than five minutes. I handed Maddie over to him so I could fish out my keys. The four year old was knocked out, all her energy drained from the game. I started the car to warm it up as Sidney placed her in her car seat. I fiddled with my keys as I watched him finish up and shut the door as quietly as he could.

"Thank you for the tickets...and the jersey. I appreciate it."

"It's not a problem. We have another home game Monday, if you want to come again."

"Monday is a school night."

"I can get you a babysitter. I know some that owe me." I laughed at his persistence.

"Sure, why not? I'm sure Maddi will love them. She's opened up since she's met you." From his facial expression, it looked as if he wanted to ask me something but shook it off.

"I can pick you both up and we'll drop her off. We can go out after, if you want."

"That's great."

"Great...Can I, um, give you my number?" he asked.

Thankfully it was dark out or he would've seen the blush on my face. I nodded and pulled out my phone, giving it to him. He added his contact and smiled, "I'll let you two get home. I'll see you around?" I smiled.

"You know where I'll be." I wanted nothing more then for him to just lean in and kiss me. Those big lips looked so soft. Any girl would be thinking the same thing if they were in my shoes; only inches away from Sidney Crosby.

But all I did was say, "Good night."

"Good night." He came back with. I got in the drivers seat and waved before I drove off, estimating how long until Monday.