‹ Prequel: No Turning Back
Sequel: Roots Beneath Ideals

Untitled

50 First Dates

The next morning Vic woke me, earlier than I would like to be.
He was taking me to god only knows where and why?
As much as I hated school, I wasn't big on skipping, so he had better had a good reason for making me miss school.
Also he tried getting me to talk about yesterday, but I just didn't want to.

"Well maybe if you talk about it, you'll feel better." Vic tried again.

I shook my head.

"Come in let me in on the gossip, I mean you left my brothers girlfriend crying. I don't think Mike is going to take that lightly."

I shrugged.

"Can you do anything but shake your head and shrugged your shoulders? Can you please talk, I feel like in getting the silent treatment."

I shrugged again.

"Keri, I will pull this car over of you don't start talking."
'
I gave Vic one of my "try me" looks.

"Okay, okay. I was only kidding, jeez. No need to be hostile."

I took hold of Vic's hand, "I don't feel like talking about it right now, okay? Plus I'm still half asleep."

"Fine, but you will tell me eventually, right? Well you don't have much a choice anyway."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah- So where are you taking me again?"

Vic displayed a sneaky smile that I knew all to well.

"Alright, where are you kidnapping me to?"

"Wait and see."

"I don't trust you."

"You should. I've been planning this for a longtime. Our first date."

I cracked a smile, "Aww, that's so cute. Now I really want to attack you with more kisses."

"Ah, yeah I prefer you not."

"Why."

"It's embarrassing."

"Whatever."

At a red light, Vic reached into his pocket to reveal a bandanna.

I laughed, "Your quite funny love. I'm not putting that on. I worked too hard on my hair this morning."

"Stop being such a diva."

"I'm not."

"Yes you are. Ever since you dyed your hair, you've been acting like a pure diva."

"So, I'm a girl, I'm supposed to act like one."

"Ha, no. Your a tomboy the treats herself well. Now put it on."

I grabbed the bandanna out of his hand and put it on, "Happy now?"

"Very. Now don't go falling asleep."

I folded my arms, "I'll sleep if I want."

I'm seriously freaking tired!

"So... Halloween is right around the corner. We still on to go trick or treating?"

"Hell yeah, I was thinking about going as a bumblebee, Tinkerbell, or a nurse."

"My recommendation, the nurse."

I cracked up laughing, "I knew you were going to say that, little perv. That isn't even in my selection. I just wanted to see what you were going to say."
Vic was red. I didn't have to see him to tell he was.

"Your a horrible person Keri, why would you do that?"

"Because I wanted to see which one you'd pick."

"Again, your horrible."

"Much love. So seriously where are we going?"

"Hint: up."

So we're going to the mountains. Great, this might take a while. Even though we've driving for a good three and a half after we stopped for breakfast. I felt like I was in his car all day.

"So I can sleep."

"No, I already told you."

"Why, I'm tired," I whined.

"Someone has to keep my company."

"You can talk to Rachael."

I referred back to Vic's old imaginary friend.

His hand got really hot. "Shut up. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't. She's on a cruise traveling the world.

I snickered, "Man I'm pretty sure she's been around the globe at least a thousand times. I swear you were such a fruit cake back then."

"Keri, don't make me have to pull this car over."

"Ooo, I'm shaking. Did you feel me shiver?"

"Yeah... About two days ago."

My jaw dropped.

Someone please tell me he didn't say that.

"Yeah I said it."

"Your brother is rubbing off on you."

"Just admit, your speechless. I caught you off guard."

"Your damn right I am. Stupid Mexican."

"That isn't nice."

"I never said I was." I shook my head at him. "How's song writing going?"

"Good."

"Good? That's it, not great or I'm writing a new song or I'm working on one or I want you to hear this one?"

"Yup, just good."

"You are lame."

Vic laughed, "Why am I lame Keri?"

"Because your hiding something from me. Secrets don't make friends, Vic."

Vic continued to laugh without a reply.

"I don't see what's so funny... So this thing your planning, do I get to hear a new song?"

Yet again no reply.

"Fine, I'll take that as a yes."

"If you say so."

"You know what, I'm going to take a nap.

"No, you can't we're almost there."

I shook my head, "My definition or yours?"

"Ten minutes."

"Then I'll take a ten minute nap."

"If you do, I'm going to start singing."

I laughed, "Be my guest, you'll just be helping me fall asleep faster."

"Not if it's N'Sync."

He wouldn't dare.

"I'm doin' this tonight, you're probably gonna-."

I took my free hand and smacked Vic in the mouth as he began singing the lyrics to Bye, Bye, Bye. Not as hard as I wanted to though.
The car was quiet for about half a minute, before Vic started wailing like a baby.

"Why'd you do that for, that hurt. I was only kidding. What happened to you not hitting me?"

I couldn't help but to laugh at him.

"Well one, because you deserved it, two I didn't hit you that hard and you weren't kidding and three, I never said I would stop. I said try and I tried."

"It's not funny. I'm going to send you to a rehab that helps people who like to abuse others."

"I don't abuse you, I simply put you back in line."

"A.K.A. abuse."

"Oh whatever you baby. I really didn't hit you that hard."

"I'm done talking to you now."

I giggled, "No your not."

"Yes I am."

"No."

"Yes."

No."

"Yes."

"Vic I can go at this all day. No your not."

"So can I and we're here."

"That wasn't ten minutes."

"I know."

Vic slowed the car as we turned onto rocky grounds then parked.

"So where are we? Can I take this off now?"

"No, keep it on."

I took my hand from Vic's so I could fold my arms and pout.

"Why?"

"Keri, please don't start whining."

I huffed, "Fine."

"Now stay here, I'll be right back."

Vic unbuckled and I followed grabbing onto him.

"Don't leave me here alone."

Vic cupped my face in his hands, "Keri, no one is going to hurt you. I promise. I'll lock the doors."

I shook my head, "Not good enough. You know I don't like being in the mountains alone, anymore."

"I almost forgot about that... Okay, how bout this. I'm going to step outside the car and make a quick call.I'll stand on your side too. Is that okay?"

"I guess."

Vic placed a light kiss on my lips before leaving.

God I wish I knew where we were. I don't like this, not one bit.

About two minutes later, Vic opened my side of the door.

"Now, was that so bad?"

"No. Can I take this off now?"

"Not yet."

"When?"

"In a bit."

"You're killing me Victor."

"I know. Now be careful. I'll lead you, just try not to trip-."

Too late. I fell.

"Ow. That hurt. I thought you were going go lead me? Way not to have a firm grasp on me."

"I told you to be careful and I wasn't ready." Vic said laughing, "Jeez, you don't listen. Come on, try standing up. I'll dust you off and check you out."

Vic helped me up and I'm pretty sure I twisted something.

"Well you look okay, just a little scratch on the knee. Try walking again."

This time Vic made sure to grab tight.
I tried taking a few steps- yup I twisted my right ankle.

"Great, this is juuusstt great. Now I'm a friggin' gimp. This is exactly how I wanted my day to go. Just great!"

I heard Vic mumbled "at least she isn't blaming me yet." before saying, "Okay, I'll wrap it for you." Aloud.

Vic picked me up and placed me on the front of his car.

"Yay! Dr. Victor Vincent Fuentes to the rescue." I teased.

"Oh hush woman."

"Do you even know how to wrap an ankle?"

"You remember when we were younger and you would push me down the steps for fun."

I snickered recalling the memory.

"Of course you do. Well from all those falls. I would and up twisting something and mom would get tired of wrapping my injuries, so she taught me. So thanks to you, I know how to. Now stay put."

Vic walked to the trunk where he stored everything and I mean everything.

"So when do you guys plan on moving from the San Diego area to play?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, go to the Hollywood or San Francisco, or oo even Malibu. Let more of Cali get a taste of your music.

"Oh, I don't know. Soon I guess."

"Babe, you already have a huge fan base here. You need to get out more. I'm telling you, go to a mall in Hollywood area and play. Start making a bigger fan base. I already got you guys going international with your EP you made. I sent like a gazillion to my dad. People like your sound."

I heard Vic sighing before closing the trunk.

"I know, I know."

"Well if you know, why aren't you doing it? Your making your second EP next month. Do you even have a title for it yet?"

"No. Mike and I are thinking of leaving it untitled. Now hold still and try not to kick me."

"That's so lame. Keeping it untitled. L.A.M.E."

"Why don't you try naming it the miss know-it-all."

"For starters, I don't even know which songs your putting on it to even try to title the EP-ow that hurts. And I'm pretty sure the guys would have their panties in a bunch if they found out I titled it-ow Vic!"

"Sit still. It needs to be tight."

I folded my arms, "Not to the point of cutting my circulation off."

"I'll loosen it then. Jeez, stop complaining so much."

"You do understand, I'll kick you in the face."

"No you won't. I'm done."

I moved my ankle around, feeling little pain. I have to say, Vic did a pretty good job.

"Alright, help me down and walk me to where ever we're supposed to be going. I'm tired of being blind. Oh and just to let you know, I'm going to complain till I can take this stupid blind fold off. It's so an-"

Vic pulled me by my waist into a kiss. I knew it was to shut me up to. And I knew he was going to take advantage of this now that we were kind of together.

Hehe. Two can play at this game.

Still sitting on the car, I wrapped my legs around Vic, letting him think I wanted more. I even tugged at his pants.

Vic pulled away, "Are you sure you want to do that out in the open?"

Haha, nope. God you are seriously a sex fiend."

I could only imagine what his face looked, but I knew I would get a kick out of it.

"You really are a horrible person. Let's go."

Vic grabbed hold of my hand, leading us to our destination.
We walked for a good ten minute in silence.
Then I heard other people. Guys actually.

"Took you long enough man. What were you two doing, banging in the backseat?"

Vic chuckled, "No, not even close. Keri fell and twisted her ankle, so I fixed it up for her."

"Everything is set and ready."

I tugged at Vic's hand, "Where are we?"

"Are you scared?" The guy asked.

"Yeah, I'm afraid you might try and rape me, creep. Vic seriously can I take this damn blind fold off now?"

"Oh, hey, finally. Come on, everything is over here." Another voice said.

"Vic," I sneered.

He kissed the top of my head, "Just two more minutes, maybe less."

I followed again, reluctantly.

"Awesome. The set up is great."

"We started working as soon as you called."

"The other things are in the garage waiting for you too."

"Great. Now you can take the blind fold off."

I pretty much ripped the thing off of my face. I blinked a few times so my eyes could adjust to the light.
When my eyes adjusted I saw two-no three smiling boys, a fort and paint ball guns?

"Okay... What now?"

"Surprise." Vic said.

"You- this- no, no, no. Paint ball? You already twisted my ankle, why do you want to hurt me even more?"

"Okay, first babe, you twisted your own ankle and because, I thought you might enjoy this since you like putting me in pain."

I get to put him in pain..?

I smiled mischievously.

"And there it is."

"Well go on, introduce me to your friends so I can start shooting you."

"You are so black."

"And your Mexican. So what's your point?"

Vic shook his head sighing, "Anyway, Chris, Greg this is Keri. Keri this is Chris and Greg, some friends I met a while back."

Chris stepped up taking hold of my free hand, "Vic always talks about you, but he failed to mention how unbelievably stunning you look." then he kissed it

Wow. Just try your best not to roll your eyes. Just say thank you.

I giggled letting him think I was flattered.

Greg simply shook my hand, "It's nice to finally meet you."

"You too."

"Alright, let's get this party started. Greg help Keri suit up." Vic said.

"Sure thing."

I walked with Greg to get suited up.

"So have you ever played before?" He asked.

"No. I've shot a BB gun though, something similar?"

"Yeah, something like that, but BBs hurt more."

"Oh, I'm gunna have to ask Vic which hurts more from his perspective."

Greg looked at me confused.

"Oh, hehe. Yeah I shot Vic with the BB, left him with two marks."

"So your pretty and dangerous. Great combination. Just throw this over your head and when your ready put these goggles on."

Greg helped me put on my knee pads.

"How long have you and Vic known each other?" Greg asked.

"Um, pretty much before our mothers thought about having us."

"So the rents are best friends too huh?"

"Yup, our moms went to school together. They basically passed their friendship down to Mike,

Vic and I. What about you?"

"We met at a gig his band played last year. They're awesome, they need to go global or something."

"Yeah, I keep telling him that. He's trying though."

Greg laughed, "Oh, I see."

"Hey are you two done yet?!" Chris yelled across the way.

"Yeah!" Greg and I replied together.

Greg jogged while I gimped over to Vic and Chris.

"Is it really okay for her to play, she's kind of gimping."

"Number one thing about Keri is to never underestimate her. Vic warned.

"You say that but you still do it." I said.

"I know, but that's because I think one day your going to leave your back unattended so I can attack."

"Dumbass."

"Be nice."

"Alright, alright. Greg go take Keri to her starting point."

"Good luck babe, your going to need it." I gave Vic a peak and left with Greg.

Let the game begin.
♫♪♫♪
This has to be the most intense game I've ever played. After Vic and I played about three rounds Chris and Greg joined in and played two rounds this was our last. I was teamed up with Greg. And now both Vic and Chris are after me.

Damn boys.

Both teams had a win. This was do or die.
Greg and I were left with one hit before we were done for. Vic and Chris had two.

"We can't risk getting hit. We have to do it." Greg whispered breathless.

"Are you sure it's going to work?"

"Yeah."

"Okay."

The plan was to use my injury against Vic an take him down first then Chris.
I walked a bit of a distance as Greg took his hiding position.
I stomped on a few branches and with a large branch we found, made a loud thump sound to make it seem like I fell.

"Ow, dammit." I yelled.

And as Greg planned, Vic came running.

I made up some fake tears.

"Babe are you okay? Is it your ankle?" Vic put his gun down to examine my ankle.

"Dude what are you doing, shoot her. Man down." Chris said running up after him.

"No, I can't. I'm sorry Keri this is my fault I knew this was going to happen."

"If you don't then I will." Chris raised his gun ready to shoot.

"Chris seriously, time. Don't you see she's crying? How does this feel?"

Vic moved my ankle actually causing it to hurt.

"Ow, yes. Stop."

I saw Greg from the corner of my eye making his way over to attack. We cleared a path so he wouldn't give himself away.
Two shots were fired.

"Ah, fuck man. I told you!"

Vic looked back to see what happened. I also took that chance to get my gun.

"Babe?"

I shot.

I got up smiling like a champion, "You lose. I can't believe you fell for that old trick."

Greg came over and high five me.

"Nice, told you it would work."

"Yeah!"

"No, you cheated!" Chris complained.

"No, we used a weakness." Greg argued.

"And they used a weakness that was directed towards me, because they knew it would work."

I smiled brightly, "Yup."

"Whatever, I call a rematch!"

"Dude, you lost. Give it up."

"No, I refuse. That was bullshit!"

"Whether it was or it wasn't, you still lost."

"Complete BS!"

"Come on Chris give it up. We'll get them next time and then there will be no calling weaknesses. Keri..."

I smiled even wider, "I wasn't even my idea, but okay. So what's next?"

"We go quading."

My smile faltered, "Your funny. No seriously what are we doing?"

This time Vic smiled, "Nope. Just me and you."

"You're insane, I'm not getting on that thing with you. It might be like the time you told me to sit on your handlebars."

Vic laughed, "We were what, ten?"

"It doesn't matter. No, no, no and hell no."

"Well, I'll go get the bike ready." Greg said walking away.

"I'll come with." Chris said following.

They walked towards a shed.

"Vic I'm not going on that with you."

"Yes you are."

"Vic I'm not. I refuse. Let's go home and snuggle or something." I said wrapping my arms around his waist burying my face in his chest.

"Does that something involve-."

"No you sex fiend."

Vic laughed again.

I'm pretty sure he was getting a kick out of my frustration.

"Come on, this is the last part. I have a nice picnic waiting for you along with a new song."

"Fine. But if I die, I'm coming back to haunt your ass."

"I wouldn't expect any less."

I looked up smiling at Vic.
He was honestly the most beautiful guy I've ever laid eyes on. Why did it take us eighteen years of our lives to confess?
I should have said something the first moment I knew I was truly in love with him.
Well they do say love is a scary thing.
It truly is. Just thinking of what would happen if we didn't work out, it would be the end of our friendship too.
I don't want to mess this up and I don't want him to fall for another girl.
I shouldn't even be thinking this way, Vic wouldn't like it. He would say-.

"You're so dumb, stop thinking so hard. I love you. How long is it going to take before that sinks into your head? Now stop crying." Vic brushed away a tear that I didn't know was there.

"I'm just scared."

"There's no reason to. You've got me, here by your side. Always and forever."

"Promise?"

"Yes. Oh I almost forgot. I never asked you this, but will you be my girlfriend?"

"There was no reason for you to ask. All you had to do was say so."

Vic picked me up, spinning us.

"You're amazing Keri."

"I love you."
♫♪♫♪
Vic an I rode about 10 minutes away from the paintball area. The scenery was so beautiful. Now I understand why Vic wanted this to be the area of our first date.
Finally i spotted the picnic area. There was a blanket laid out, picnic basket, wine glasses, sparkling wine I'm guessing since Vic isn't a big drinker, and a guitar.

"Wow." I was really amazed.

"Do you like it?"

"More like love it. Help me off, would you?"

My ankle was started to kill me.

"How's the ankle?"

"It hurts, but I can manage."

Vic carried me bridal style over to the blanket and set me down gently.

"This is really nice Vic. How did you manage set all of this up?"

"It was all Greg and Chris."

"Ooo, so what's in the basket?" I asked reaching into it.

Vic smacked my hand, "Don't."

I pouted. "But."

"No buts. Here have something to drink first."

"There's not alcohol in it though."

"Keri Chrisette, it is almost two in the afternoon and you are still underage, and your worrying about if the drink is alcoholic or not. We're going to work on that."

"You will not take drinking away from me."

"Bet."

Vic and I had a staring contest.
I blinked first.

"Dammit. Shut up, don't start boasting because you won a staring contest."

Vic smiled and began pulling food out of the basket. There was grapes, sandwiches, chip and vanilla pudding. Ew.

I started laughing.

"What's so funny?"

"The fact that you have all of my favorite foods, but the pudding."

"I thought you liked pudding?"

"No Vic you do. You would always force me to eat it."

Vic laughed with me, "Yeah that's right. Well you start eating and I'll begin playing."

"Okay."

I dug into the grapes first, while Vic tuned the guitar. And re-tuned. And re-tuned. And tuned again.

"Vic?"

"What?"

"The guitar is fine."

"I'm just nervous."

"Since when are you nervous, playing a song for me?"

"Since they started to become a bit more personal."

"Oooo... Just play, it's not gunna be different then any other time."

"Okay, um, this song is different than my normal sound so..."

Vic took a deep breath and began playing.
I've been beaten down, I've been kicked around,
But she takes it all for me.
And I lost my faith, in my darkest days,
But she makes me want to believe.

They call her love, love, love, love, love.
They call her love, love, love, love, love.
She is love, and she is all I need.

Well I had my ways, they were all in vain,
But she waited patiently.
It was all the same, all my pride and shame,
And she put me on my feet.

They call her love, love, love, love, love.
They call her love, love, love, love, love.
They call her love, love, love, love, love.
She is love, and she is all I need.

And when that world slows down, dear.
And when those stars burn out, here.
Oh she'll be there, yes she'll be there,
They call her love, love, love, love, love.
They call her love, love, love, love, love.
They call her love, love, love, love. love.

She is love, and she is all I need,
She is love, and she is all I need,
She is love, and she is all I need.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh My God! I'm so sorry everyone! I know I'm like two weeks late in updating but last week i was in Chicago then this week, I don't even know what I was doing. So I'm going to post another chapter later. Also the song that Vic sang is called She Is Love by Parachute. I don't own the song or the band. Comments and Subscriptions are welcomed :)