Status: Thank you. I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as i enjoyed writting it :)

I Dare Not Ask Who's Been Helping You Fall Asleep

First step, Let's get you out of those Clothes

The following weekend after I met Alex my work began. He was almost like a little kid that needed guidance. It was kind of cute, but a little pathetic to be honest. I had to keep reminding myself to take baby steps. And boy did we have a lot of steps to take…

“But I don’t want new clothes!” Alex groaned as I dragged him into a department store.

“Well you definitely need new clothes!”

We went over to the men’s section. I started searching through racks of clothing.

“What’s wrong with the clothes I wear?” Alex asked sitting on the edge of a shopping cart.

I continued looking. “Um…Let’s just say you look like you got dressed in the dark in a fat guy’s house.”

“What the fuck! That made no sense at all.”

“Hey, watch the language. Girls don’t like a potty mouth.”

I sighed and walked over to where he was sitting, “Stand up.” He did as I ordered. “Your shirt is twice your size and makes you look shorter than you actually are. Your jeans are so baggy that they look like they could slip down any minute. And don’t get me started on you’re hair! It looks like you—”

“Okay, okay, I got it…Sheesh way to ruin my self esteem.”

I chuckled lightly and placed a hand on his shoulder, “Don’t worry when I’m through with you you’ll have such a big ego nothing will phase you.”

Alex leaned back on the cart, “I hope you’re right.”

“What do you like?”

“Uh…why?”

“So I can create a style for you. I want to improve your style not change who you are as a person.”

“Why do you always make no sense?” He mumbled. Then he paused and thought. “Hmm let’s see… well, blink 182 and New Found Glory are my favorite bands.”

“Oh, stop right there. I can already think of a style. First off we need to get you in tighter pants. I’m thinking skinny and dark. Then band shirts definitely, but the have to be small not huge like the ones you’re wearing, and…vans, ew scratch that not vans… how about Nikes? Yeah…”

I had a pile of clothes in my arms. “Come on lets go.”

“Where are we going?”

“To the dressing room.”

-------x-------

“Are you done yet?” Alex had been in the dressing room for half an hour and he had only come out twice. But so far everything looked hot on him. “Why are you talking so long?”

“I can’t get these, ugh, pants on their too tiiiiight. Whoa.” I heard him collapse in the dressing room.

“Alex are you okay?” I crawled under the door and saw him with his pants around his ankle and no shirt on.

He scrambled to cover himself. “What are you doing in here?”

“I’m here to help. Don’t worry…” I eyed him up and down. “Nothing I haven’t seen before.”

“Ca-can you ge-get out? I’m really uncomfortable.” Alex stammered.

“You know what? No, I won’t leave. How are you supposed to be comfortable around girls if you can’t be comfortable around me?”

“According to your um…” He cleared his throat nervously. “Uh… I mean aren’t you a girl?” I crossed my arms over my chest and raised an eyebrow.

“Yes, I’m a girl but I’m also a friend. It’s different. Be comfortable around me first. Be comfortable around girls you like later.”

“Oh, I see.” He tried to stand up, but was tripped by his pants.

“Here let me help you up.” I grabbed his hand and yanked him up forcefully.

Apparently too forcefully. He stumbled up and lost his balance. He ended up leaning against me. My back was to the wall and his bare chest was pressed against mine. I raised a shaky hand to his chest and pushed him away slowly. He stared into my eyes. There was excitement in them, but also anxiousness.

I tore my eyes away and cleared my throat nervously.

“That was kind of cool.” He said amused.

“What was kind of cool?” I snapped.

“The way I made you get all nervous and whatever.”

“You did not!” I tried my best to suppress a blush.

“Yes, I did.”

“No, you didn’t”

“Yes, I did.”

I pushed him hard and he lost his balance. When he tried to straighten up his pants tripped him. He fell hard on his butt.

I leaned over him and smirked. “No, you didn’t. Now next time you put on tight pants I suggest that you first take your shoes off.”

------x------

“Thanks so much for buying me all those new clothes.” We had just left the store and were waiting outside for my mom to pick us up.

“No problem.” I sighed, “I can’t wait until I’m sixteen and I can drive. I hate having my mom drive me every where.”

“When I turn sixteen. I can drive you places.”

I smiled, “That’d be awesome. When do you turn sixteen?”

“In December.”

I groaned, “But that’s nine months away.”

“You’re not even fifteen yet so stop complaining.”

“Just ten more days.” I said smiling.

“Oh, and about that thing in the dressing room…”

“Don’t worry about it. It’s a start. Soon you’ll be that comfortable around all girls not just me.”

Alex smiled at the thought. “Do you really think I could have a girl like Jasey?”

“Are you kidding? With the way you had me going back there I think getting Jasey will be a breeze.”

I stared out at the cars in the parking lot.

But hopefully you’ll see that you’re the one for me not Jasey.