Status: Thank you. I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as i enjoyed writting it :)

I Dare Not Ask Who's Been Helping You Fall Asleep

The Non-Official Couple

The first day back to school after Alex’s makeover was weird. Girls who normally didn’t give him the time of day were suddenly throwing themselves on him, but poor Alex didn’t know how to handle it. I needed to get him more friends, more talkative, more normal and less of a nerd. Fortunately for me, well not really, Alex turned those girls down, because his mind was still set on Jasey.

“Don’t you have any other friends?”

“Don’t you have any other friends?” He mocked.

I sighed, “Can you try not to answer my questions with another question?”

“Why?”

I groaned, “Because it’s annoying not to mention boring. When someone asks you a question they want an answer. They want to know what you think.”

“Whatever.”

Why was he so god damn difficult? My eyes searched the cafeteria. As much as I hated to admit it, he was right. We needed to get more friends.

My eyes landed on a skunk. It was Jack. I got up.

Alex’s eyes popped open, “Are you leaving me? I don’t want to sit here by myself. I mean…”

I laughed and turned around, “You can come too you know?”

“I can?”

“What did I tell you about answering a question with a question?”

“Oh right.”

We made our way across the cafeteria. I sat down next to Jack.

He smiled, “Hey! If it’s not the non-official couple!”

The other people at the table eyed Jack. It was apparent that they were confused.

“Oh, right! Uh, this is Jasmine and that kid over there is Alex.”

The nodded hello.

“So what brings you over to Jack, oh wait, don’t tell me you just couldn’t stay away from my awesomeness.”

“Yeah, right… that’s definitely it.” I said playfully.

“Then why are you here?”

I searched for an answer, couldn’t think of anything so I looked to Alex for help, but his eyes were somewhere else.

It was like time froze. A buzzing sound filled my ears and my mind went into tunnel vision. It was focused on two people and two people only. I watched Jasey walk in with her arm wrapped around her boyfriend. The two walked past us laughing. They sat down at two tables down for use.

I came back to reality.

If jealousy had a face it would look exactly like me.

Some snapped their fingers in my face. “Are you high? What was that about?”

I stared at Jack dumfounded for a second. “Wha?” I asked stupidly.

“What’s with you two? First Alex stares off into space for five minutes and the next thing I know you’re doing the same thing.”

“They were staring at Jasey Rae.” One of the girls sitting at the table with us said.

Jack glanced from my glassy eyes to Alex’s love stuck one’s, “Oh ho, don’t tell me that you have a lesbi crush on Jasey.” He joked.

I punched him in the shoulder, “Shut up, it’s Alex who’s in love wither her.”

He thought for a minute, “Oh, I get it now.”

“Get what now?”

He looked down at his food, “Nothing. But you better tell Alex to stop looking at Jasey, before her big beefy boyfriend comes over here.”

“Too late.” I muttered, because headed our way was Jasey and said beefy boyfriend.

“What are you lookin’ at?” He spat in Alex’s face.

Alex was mesmerized like a deer in the headlights.

“Hello? I’m talking to you.”

I glared at Jasey. This was all her fault. She looked back at me innocently.

“Hey, why don’t you shove off or better yet go fuck yourself.” I seethed while standing up. I’m not sure if I was talking to Jasey or her boyfriend, but it didn’t really matter.

Jasey’s boyfriend tore his eyes off of Alex to glare at me, “Who are you?”

“Someone is about to dish a reality check. You may think you own this school and all the people in it, but really you don’t. So like I said before: Go. Fuck. Yourself.”

I was about to say more when his eyes landed on my chest. Here we go again I thought.

“You’re new here huh? That’s why I’ve never seen you before.” His voice went low. It almost sounded sincere… almost.

“Dan, let’s just go back to our table. He’s not worth it.”

“Shut up, Jasey.”

She stomped her heel and stormed off to their table.

“You should come sit with us instead of these freaks.” He stroked my cheeks with his rough fingers.

I scoffed, “I’d rather eat dog shit. As it turns out these “freaks” are my friends.”

He smirked, “Whatever. Your lost. I’ll see you around.”

I sat down, “Not likely.”

Jack held up his hand for a high five, “You are my hero. Damn, that was amazing. I wish I could do that.”

“Do what? Have some guy bore his eyes into your chest? Trust me it’s not fulfilling.”

“I know. What was with that guy?”

I sighed, “Everybody wants to explore the new girl especially when they have boobs like mine.”

Alex looked into his lap. He was silent. It was like I had done something wrong.

“Alex what’s wrong?”

“I just don’t understand how a guy who has a girl like Jasey could flirt with someone else especially you.”

“What do you mean by ‘especially you’ please because I’d really like to know?”

“Oh no, Jazz, I’m sorry that came out wrong.”

“No, it came out right.” I stood up quickly. “God, I’m so stupid! And you, you’re an ass! I can’t believe I’m wasting my time with you. It’s not like anything’s going to happen anyways.”

“What’s not going to happen? Jasey and I? But you said.”

I glared at him, “I’m going to leave before say anything else.”

Anything else that can hurt me.
♠ ♠ ♠
--------------------x----------------------
I would really love some feedback, pretty please? :)