Sequel: Listen To Your Heart
Status: Completed

Untangle Me

Lullaby

As we entered the apartment, it was neater then I expected, but you could definitely tell a bunch of guys lived here.
“Quite the bachelor pad.” I smirked.
“Well we try.” John shrugged. “Does anyone want something to drink? We have beer and Arizona ice tea.”
“Beer.” Kennedy and Garrett said in unison.
I laughed. “Same.” I said.
“Us too.” Lauren said, speaking for Mary. John and nodded and headed to the kitchen.
“Come sit.” Garrett told us and we headed over to the couches. John came back and handed us all a beer and then sat in an empty spot next to me, even though there were other options, causing Lauren to elbow me in the side. I shot her a glare and she smirked proudly.
We all sat and talked and drank. Some drank more then others, aka, Kenny and Mary, and ended up making out while the rest of us talked. Eventually John got fed up with them and made them go somewhere else, Kenny’s room I presume.
“Well that was sufficiently awkward.” I said after they left.
“They certainly can’t keep their hands off each other.” Garrett pointed out and we all agreed, leading into and awkward silence.
“Well.” Lauren spoke up. “I may be alone in this but I’m interested in hearing more about your guys band.”
“Oh, I agree.” I smiled.
“Well, I can put on our latest record. I’m sure we have a copy around here somewhere.” John offered and we agreed. He went to find it and then put it into the stereo they had.
Another conversation started up, but I’m not sure about what, since I sat quietly, intently listening to the music. I completely zoned out while concentrating on the rhythm and the words. Apparently, I was pretty tired and must have been lulled to sleep, since it was like 3 in the morning, because I woke up the next morning still on their couch.
I slowly opened my eyes and raised my head. Looking around the room I saw Lauren asleep next to me on the couch, Garrett spread out on the other couch sleeping, and John asleep in a big chair. I looked at the clock to find out that it was about 10, and I thought that was a fair time to make them wake up.
I gently shook Lauren awake and she moaned.
“Ughhh.” She rubbed her eyes and opened them. “What time is it?” She looked up at me.
“10.” I replied. “Should we wake the guys up?” I asked.
“Well yeah. It’d be awkward to be awake in their apartment when their not.” She pointed out. “I’ll wake up Garrett. You can do lover boy over there.” She said as she sat up. I hit her arm. “Ow! Well it’s true!” She stood up.
I rolled my eyes and went over to John. I gently shook his shoulder but he didn’t stir, so I shook him harder and his eyes shot open but he relaxed when he saw me.
“Oh. Morning.” He smiled and rubbed his eyes and sat up.
“Morning.” I smiled. “I’m guessing I feel asleep last night?” I asked.
“Yeah. But Lauren went down soon after. And Garrett and I thought we’d sleep out here so you guys wouldn’t wake up all alone in someone else’s apartment.” He explained.
“Oh, well that was very sweet. Thank you.” I smiled and looked over at Lauren. “I guess we should probably get going. Don’t want to overstay our welcome.”
“Don’t say that, we liked having you guys. And since you live 30 seconds away, feel free to drop by whenever.” Garrett smiled.
I laughed. “Alright, I’ll keep that in mind.”
“Do you guys want something to eat before you go?” John asked.
“We don’t want to intrude.” Lauren said guiltily.
“Alright. Then lets go out to eat. That way you won’t be eating our food.” Garrett smirked.
Lauren and I looked at each other and she shrugged. “Alright, why not.” I said. “But, only if we can change first.” I looked down at my little black dress.
“Alright. Why don’t you guys come back when you’re ready and we’ll go.” John suggested.
I nodded. “Alright.” We started walking to the door but I stopped short and turned. “Wait. What about Mary?”
“She’s with Kenny. They’re probably still sleeping. If she wakes up, we’ll tell her where you guys are.” John assured me. I nodded and we said our goodbyes.
Lauren and I went back to my apartment and freshened up. I let her borrow some clothes and we headed back to the guys’ place after about a half hour. We headed up to their apartment and knocked on the door. I heard a commotion inside, multiple guys’ voices, and then silence until John opened the door with a smile.
“Hey guys. The other members of the band dropped by and won’t leave. But I guess you get to meet them now.” He opened the door wider and stepped to the side, letting us in. I stepped in and looked over to the couches where three guys sat.
That’s when I almost fainted.
♠ ♠ ♠
Long chapter, with suspense! That deserves a comment, right?
What do you guys think will happen?