Sequel: Listen To Your Heart
Status: Completed

Untangle Me

I Must be Dreaming

The small purse I was carrying dropped to the floor with a clunk as my whole body went numb. His big brown eyes stared at me in disbelief, just as my blue eyes did at him. He looked so different yet still the same. He had grown up so much but he was still so blatantly my Pat. The same tan skin, brown eyes, long brown hair, though much longer now, and the same tall, lanky body as always. I took him in, trying to capture every detail of him incase this was all a dream that I’d wake up from.
Memories of our childhood together started to replay in my mind like a film reel and my eyes started to become cloudy with tears. I felt someone touching my arm, and a muffled voice calling to me, but it was like I wasn’t there. I just help his gaze. I started to be shaken and the voice became clearer.
“Jamie, Jamie. Are you okay? Say something” I was Lauren, her voice filled with worry. I blinked away the tears that clouded my vision and refocused them on the boy only 10 feet away from me.
“P-Pat?” My voice cracked as I whimpered the question.
“Jamie.” He said with a sense of relief. Before I registered what was happening Pat had gotten to his feet and ran over to me and I was in his arms in an instant. I hugged him back instinctively, like my life depended on it. For a reason I couldn’t figure out, I started to sob into his shoulder. They weren’t sad tears, but tears of joy and relief and still some disbelief.
We stood there for what seemed like forever, just holding each other. The rest of the room was silent; I suppose they weren’t quite sure what was happening. Except for Lauren. She understood. I suppose she didn’t recognize Pat until I said his name, since she didn’t know him that well.
The silence was finally broken by a ‘this is awkward’ cough. Pat and I reluctantly pulled apart and I wiped my eyes as my tears turned into an unbreakable smile. I looked up at Pat.
“I… I can’t believe it’s you.” I said breathlessly.
“I’m the one who should be shocked! How long have you been back in Arizona?” He said exasperated.
“Mary and I moved back here a little over a week ago. I- I looked for you. I went to your parents’ house. But I chickened out.” I admitted with a frown.
“It’s okay, you’re here now. And I’m so happy right now.” He pulled me into another hug.
“Okay enough with the hugging and tell us what is going on.” Garrett scolded. We pulled apart again, but kept our arms linked.
“This is Jamie. The Jamie.” Pat told them.
“The Jamie? As in The Jamie? As in the Jamie that you wouldn’t shut up about for years?” Garrett asked.
“Yes.” Pat glared at him and I giggled slightly, causing his cheeks to blush.
“Well that is just an outstanding coincidence.” A red headed boy that I had not met yet. I’m assuming he was the fifth member of the band. I suppose that he registered my thoughts because he introduces himself. “I’m Jared by the way. It’s nice to meet you. Since I already know so much about you.” He smirked and laughed as Pat’s blush deepened.
A door opened in the hall and we all looked over. Kenny and Mary came walking out and looked surprised at the large group that entered. Mary scanned the room until she saw me, which then caused her to see Pat.
“Pat? Holy crap! Pat!” She ran over to us and hugged him. “What are you doing here?” She asked as she pulled back.
“I should be the one asking that.” He smirked. “I’m here on a regular basis, where as, you are not.” He pointed out. He took in her dress and messy hair and makeup, and her coming out of Kenny’s room and connected the dots. “Ugh. No Mary. Not him.” He frowned at her.
“Well I’ll take that as an insult.” Kenny crossed his arms and sat on the arm of one of the couches. “I’m gonna go with that you guys know each other?”
“Sorry, you already missed the big reunion. Try and keep up.” John spoke for the first him since opening the door. I looked over at him and he was leaning against the wall by the door observantly. He looked distressed about something.
“How about we all go out to lunch or something and catch everyone up. Because I’m hungry and I was promised food.” Lauren stated.
“I second that!” Garrett exclaimed. “Food. Always the answer.”
“How about we take Mary back to the apartment to change and that’ll give you guys time to catch Kenny up. And we’ll be back in a half hour.” Lauren suggested.
Nods came from around the room, agreeing with the plan. I looked at Pat and frowned. I didn’t want to leave him, even if it was only for half an hour. He smiled assuringly and hugged me.
“It’s okay. I’ll be right here when you get back.” He smiled. I nodded and smiled back at him and all us girls headed towards the door. John opened it for us and I smiled at him as I passed. He smiled, but it was a forced smile. Something was definitely wrong.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another long one!
She finally found him! Yay!
Does that deserve a comment? Just one! Come on, you know you want to. ;]
Also, I wrote a John One-shot, go check it out!