Sequel: Listen To Your Heart
Status: Completed

Untangle Me

Johnny Rockets

We walked back to our apartment in silence, all of us still in too much shock. When we got in, Mary went straight to the bathroom to shower while Lauren and I sat on the couch.
“This is really something, huh? I mean, imagine the luck. This is just the biggest coincidence I’ve ever seen.” Lauren said.
“I still can’t believe it. I found him… I really did it. And he still cares…” I grinned.
“You’re the only one who thought he wouldn’t.” Lauren pointed out. I sighed joyfully and sat back in my chair. I knew that Arizona was going to feel a whole lot more like home from now on.
After we arrived back at the guy’s place, we immediately went on our way to lunch. We followed the guys again, since they said they knew a great place we could go.
“So, what’s up with you and Kenny?” I asked Mary.
“What do you mean ‘what’s up’?” she asked.
“Well. You’ve spent the night together twice already. Are you guys thinking of making this serious or just be sex buddies.” I explained.
“He’s a player. Not the dating type. And neither am I.” She said. I nodded and didn’t prod anymore.
I laughed when I followed the guys into a Johnny Rockets’ parking lot.
“Nice choice.” I told the guys as we got out of our cars.
“I remembered you loved this place.” Pat said smiling.
“You loved it too.” I smirked. He smiled and we all went in and got seated in a giant corner booth. We all sat in silence, no one knowing what to say, and read our menus. That is until John broke the silence.
“So, I’m curious about what happened with you two.” He looked at Pat and I.
“How so?” I asked.
“I don’t know. Let’s just hear the whole story I suppose.” He shrugged.
“Um. Okay. Well we grew up together. Our families were friends and we were neighbors, so we’ve been together since birth. And we grew up as best friends. Well, we were more like siblings.” I laughed. “We lived at each other’s houses. But when we were 14, my family moved to Boston and we ended up loosing touch. But I never really found a best friend again.” I smiled at Pat.
“14? That’s when I met Pat and we started our first band.” Garrett said.
“Tried to replace me, huh?” I eyed Pat.
“Never!” He exclaimed and I laughed.
“So you guys were just friends? It’s hard to believe you guys never dated. Most best friends end up getting together.” John cut in. Everyone looked at him funny.
“No, we never did. Well,” I laughed. “Remember that one time in 7th grade at that party when we got dared to kiss.” I looked at Pat and he laughed too.
“Oh yeah, that was so awkward! It was like kissing my sister.” He made a face and I laughed.
Our conversation was cut off by the waitress coming to take our order. Pat and I were the last to order. I was about to order but Pat cut me off.
“Two hamburgers with ketchup, lettuce and tomato, one of the fries and onion rings combo and an extra large chocolate milkshake, two straws.” He looked at me after he finished. “I hope you don’t mind. I got our usual.” He smiled.
“I can’t believe you remember that.” I giggled.
“I remember everything.” He smiled.
When the drinks came, I instantly grabbed the milkshake and started to drink, hogging it from Pat.
“Hey!” Pat said and tried to grab for the shake, but ended up pulling my sleeve, revealing my tiny silver bracelet. “Is that…” he asked shocked.
“Oh, yeah. The one you gave me. I never take it off.” I smiled. He grinned back at me and stopped the fight for the shake, letting me have it. But I handed it over to him after a few more sips, and we shared it after that.
We spent the rest of the meal all having a good time and reminiscing and eating more then we should of.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy :]