Sequel: Listen To Your Heart
Status: Completed

Untangle Me

After All These Years

Pat had come back to our apartment with Mary and I after lunch. Lauren had to head home and the guys went back to their apartment. Mary headed to her room, leaving Pat and I alone. I looked around the living room.
“So, uh, yeah. This is it. We were thinking of putting a-” I was cut off from my thought by Pat grabbing me and pulling me into a tight hug.
“I still can’t believe it’s you Jamie. After all these years. What are the odds.” He sighed into my hair.
“I know. I can’t believe it either. We have so much to catch up on. Remember how we would always built a pillow fort when we needed to have important conversations?” I smiled into his chest. He laughed.
“Yes. I feel like this is a conversation that calls for a fort.” He smiled. I grinned and grabbed his hand and pulled him into my room where we spent at least a half an hour building the greatest fort around my bed that anyone has every seen. We stood back and admired our work.
“That is by far the best fort we’ve ever built.” Pat marveled at it. I nodded.
“Come on. Lets try it out.” I said as I went and climbed in. Pat came in after me and we sat on my bed and admired the inside of the fort.
“Well. Now that we did that. Lets get down to business. Tell me your life story.” I smirked and looked at him intently. He laughed.
“Well, what do you want to know?” He asked.
“Everything! Start with The Maine. I can’t believe you’re actually in a real band.” I said.
“Yeah. It’s still surreal for me. Garrett and I started it in high school. Then John joined. Then Kenny and then Jared. We just released our second album. I never imagined we would actually be successful, but we are always touring and we have amazing fans all over the world and its just wow. The greatest thing.” Pat told me, his eyes filled with joy.
“I can tell you really love it.” I smiled.
“I do. But enough about me! What about you! Tell me everything.” He demanded. And so it went. We took turns telling each other everything that has happened to us in the past eight years. We acted like we had never spent a day apart. He talked for hours, and I didn’t know what time it was but I started getting sleepy. We were already lying down when I started to yawn.
“Oh, are you tired? Do you want to sleep? I can go home.” Pat said.
“No, no. I’m not gonna kick you out. It’s probably late. You can sleep here if you want.” I told him
“I don’t want to intrude.” He said.
“You’re not! I’m inviting you. Like a sleepover.” I smirked. He laughed.
“Well alright. If you insist.” He smiled. I closed my eyes.
“Keep talking. Tell me about the guys.” I said. He started to tell me all about his band mates, but I didn’t retain much because I drifted off to sleep pretty quickly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy!
I'm kind of hitting a bit of a writer's block, so some encouraging comments might help? :]