Sequel: Listen To Your Heart
Status: Completed

Untangle Me

Lucky Bastard

We didn’t bother knocking, since Pat had a key that we used and we strolled right in. Garrett and Kenny were eating cereal on the couch while watching television, and they didn’t even look up, since I’m guessing it’s normal for them to have people in and out of here.
“Hey guys. I brought Jamie over.” Pat said. That made them look up.
“Oh, hey Jamie.” Garrett smiled. Kenny gave me a nod.
“Hey guys. Hope I’m not intruding.” I said.
“Never! A friend of Pat is a friend of ours and friends are always welcome.” Kenny assured me.
“Well, okay thanks.” I smiled. Pat led me over to the other couch and we sat down.
“So, you two have a sleepover?” Garrett smirked.
“Yes. Yes we did. We built a fort and everything.” I laughed lightly.
“Oh, of course. Wouldn’t be a sleepover without one.” Kenny agreed. One of the bedroom doors opened and footsteps emerged out. I assumed it was John, since he was the only one not in the living room, but it sounded like more than one person. Sure enough, John emerged from the hall with a girl, one dressed quite slutty if I may add, both looking rather disheveled. His eyes widened when he saw me watching him, but just looked down and hurried out the door with the girl trailing behind.
“Someone had fun last night.” Garrett pointed out after the door closed.
“Lucky bastard.” Kenny grumbled.
“Don’t be jealous that John brought a girl home last night and you didn’t.” Garrett scolded.
“Maybe I didn’t want to bring a girl home.” Kenny defended.
“Yeah, cause you’re going soft. Mary has got you all hung up. Mr. player’s lost his mojo.” Garrett cooed.
“Oh shut up. You don’t know what you’re talking about.” Kenny flustered.
“Well if that’s true, I should probably call her and invite her over right?” I joined in on teasing Kenny.
“Oh! Good idea. Tell her that Kenny wants to take her out to lunch.” Pat added.
“Yes, perfect!” I pulled out my phone.
“Don’t you dare!” Kenny looked like he’s about to jump me.
“Do it! I’ll hold him down!” Garrett suddenly jumps up and sits on Kenny. Kenny struggles but Pat joins in on holding him down and covering his mouth, and once he’s silenced, I dial Mary’s number.
“Hey Jamie.” Mary picks up.
“Hey. Get prettied up and come over to the guy’s apartment. Kenny wants to take you out.” I said and I could hear Kenny’s muffled screams of protest in the background and had to bite my lip to stop myself from laughing.
“What? He said that?” Mary asked surprised.
“Yes! He said he really likes you but is to scared to tell you, that’s why I’m calling.” I told her.
“I don’t know Jamie…” Mary said unsure.
“Oh come on. It’ll be fun! Please! For me?” I begged.
“Alright fine. I’ll be over in a little while.” Mary said.
“Yes! Alright, see you soon, bye!” I smiled triumphantly and hung up. I turned to the guys and found that they were on the ground, with Garrett having Kenny in a headlock while covering his mouth, and Pat keeping his legs from kicking.
“Alright, you can let him go, she’s on her way.” I laughed. They let him go and Kenny jumped up angrily.
“Better go get handsome, you got a hot date coming.” Garrett smirked.
“I hate you both.” He looked at Garrett and Pat as they smiled innocently. “And you,” he turned to me, “This is so not a good start to a friendship!” He glared and stormed off down the hallway.
Garrett, Pat and I all looked at each other and burst out laughing when we heard Kenny’s door slam shut.
♠ ♠ ♠
:]