Sequel: Listen To Your Heart
Status: Completed

Untangle Me

Complex

John reentered the room to see Pat, Garrett and I laughing uncontrollably on the ground.
“Did I miss something or…” John said cautiously as he watched us. After a moment, I had calmed down enough to speak.
“Nope. Not a thing.” I suppressed a laugh as I got up and sat on the couch.
“Right.” He nodded and headed into the kitchen and shuffled around making himself a bowl of cereal. “So, what are you doing here anyway?” He asked.
“Am I not welcomed here?” I frowned.
“No, you are.” He said as he came over and sat in the big chair next to the couch and took a bite of his cereal.
“I brought her over.” Pat said. Garrett and him had both finally calmed down and were sitting on the couch next to me. “And speaking of bringing girls over, who was that chick?” Pat raised his eyebrow.
“Uhhh… Caroline… Catherine… Carmen, something like that. I don’t know, the music was loud, I couldn’t really hear her.” John shrugged and looked down at his cereal.
“Classy.” I said. “To be completely honest, I didn’t take you to be that kind of guy.”
“What kind of guy?” John asked, looking up at me with fierceness in his eyes.
“A man-whore. Like Kenny.” I said simply.
“Oh, ouch.” Garrett said, faking a wince.
“You don’t know me. You have no right to make assumptions about me.” John said with a clenched jaw.
“I didn’t mean to offend you John. I thought guys that were like that were, like, proud of it. I didn’t think you’d get upset. It was just an observation, I’m sorry.” I said defensively, putting my hands up in a surrendering motion. His jaw hardened further and he glared at me for a moment before getting up and disappearing into the hallway.
“What’s up with him?” I looked to the guys.
“He’s… very complex.” Garrett said. “A lot of shit has happened to him that’s made him the way he is, but I don’t think he’s happy about what he’s become.” I nodded solemnly and looked back to the hallway in which John had vanished into. I felt bad for upsetting him.
“I’m going to go talk to him.” I said getting up. I took a deep breath and headed down the hallway.
♠ ♠ ♠
Slightly short. I might post again tonight. Enjoy :]