Sequel: Listen To Your Heart
Status: Completed

Untangle Me

Patticakes

There was a knock on the door only minutes after Kenny had emerged from the back all spiffed up but still looking casual.
“I’m gonna guess that’s for you.” Pat smirked at Kenny. Kenny glared and got up and opened the door, and sure enough, Mary stood there shyly.
“Hey.” Kenny said quietly.
“Hi.” Mary responded.
“You look nice.” He said after a moment of silence.
“Thanks. So do you.” She said leading to more silence.
“Alright you two extremely awkward love birds,” I said as I got up and headed to the door, “Go on, get out of here!” I pushed Kenny out the door. “Have fun, don’t get arrested or pregnant or whatever it is you kids do these days.” I smiled and closed the door on the pair as they just stared at me like two deer caught in headlights. I smirked to myself and turned around and headed back to the couch like nothing happened. I plopped back down on the couch and looked over at the guys who were just staring at me with shock and amusement.
“What?” I said innocently.
“I like her.” Garrett grinned and nudged Pat.
“Yup. She hasn’t changed much at all.” Pat grinned. I just laughed at them.
“Anyway,” I changed the subject. “I wanna hang out with you guys today. I wanna get to know Patticakes’ friends better.” I smiled.
“Patticakes?” Garrett raised his eyebrows.
“Yeah, gotta problem?” I held up a fist threateningly and laughed when he shook his head nervously. “That was I called him when we were really little and it just stuck.” I explained.
“Aww, how cute. Isn’t that cute Patticakes?” He gushed to Pat. Pat hit him in the arm and Garrett pouted and rubbed his arm. “Owww. Not nice Patticakes.” Garrett whined.
“Oh shut up.” Pat rolled his eyes.
“But anyway, what do you think? We can invite Jared too since I really haven’t talked to him much.” I said getting back on topic.
“Yeah, that sounds fun. I’ll text him now.” Garrett said pulling out his phone.
“What do you wanna do?” Pat asked me.
“Hmmm…” I thought. “How about bowling?” I smirked remembering how awful Pat was at it.
“Nooo!” He whined. “You know I suck at it!”
“It’s true. He really does.” Garrett added not even looking up from his phone as he typed something in.
“I know. And it amuses me. That’s why we’re going.” I grinned. Pat started to say something in protest but just huffed and crossed his arms knowing he wouldn’t win this argument. I stuck out my tongue at him in victory.
“Jared said he can come.” Garrett said putting his phone away. “He’ll be over in a bit.”
“Great.” I smiled.
“Oh!” Pat said remembering something. “Tonight, I want you to come over to my house for dinner. My parents will want to see you. Tim too. Will you?” He asked hopefully.
“Of course I will!” I smiled. “I miss them all.” I frowned.
“Great. Let me call my mom. Tell her I’m bringing someone home.” He said.
“You’re not gonna tell her it’s me?” I asked.
“No, it’ll be one hell of a surprise won’t it.” He winked and I laughed and nodded.
He made the call, telling his mom to make a nice dinner because he was bringing someone very special over. He even told her that she didn’t know the person when she asked, which made me laugh to myself. He hung up and smiled at me.
“She is gonna freak.” He grinned
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy :]