Sequel: Listen To Your Heart
Status: Completed

Untangle Me

Homecoming

It was eight years later, and I was moving once again. But this time, it was my choice. I’m 22, out of college; I just want to live my life. And the best place to do that was my hometown. I never really felt at home here in Boston. I needed to get back to my roots, and maybe even see the people from my past.
I smiled down at my silver bracelet, which I never took off. I missed Pat. We had talked to each other everyday for the first year. Then it went to every couple days, and then weeks, months, and by the third year, we had completely lost touch. Last I know, he was still in Tempe, and he was in a band. I forget the name, but who knows if they’re even still together after all these years.
“Jamie, are you almost packed?” Mary asked as she walked into my room. We shared an apartment, and she was moving back to Tempe with me. When I told her I was thinking about it, she jumped right on the idea. She wasn’t in college so she had no obligations to be anywhere, and she always said how she missed Arizona. And I graduated Boston University a year early, so I had no obligations to stay either. So we were packing up the apartment and shipping out. We were leaving tonight, just finishing up the last minute packing.
“Yup!” I said as I threw the last few things in my suitcase and zipped it up. “All packed.” I smiled at her.
“Yay!” She jumped up. “I’m so excited to get there. I can’t wait to see Lauren! It’s been so long!” Lauren was her best friend back in Tempe, who she was lucky enough to have stayed in touch with. I loved Lauren; she was like another sister, always over at my house with Mary while I grew up.
“Oh great, I miss Lauren! I can’t wait to see her!” I smiled and picked up my bags. “Come on, let’s just pack the last few bags and get going! We’re in for a really, really long drive.” I said as I started to exit my room. It was going to take two days to drive there; I wasn’t looking forward to it.
We packed out and headed off. I could tell Mary was excited, it was written all over her face. I was excited too, but I was also nervous. I was nervous to see Pat again. What is he’s changed? What if he doesn’t want to see me? What if he doesn’t even remember me! What if he doesn’t even live in Tempe anymore? So many questions, but I didn’t have the answers. I’d just have to wait and see. Wait and hope.
I turned on the stereo to drown out my thoughts. The DJ’s voice filled my car.
“And now, a new song by The Maine. Go buy their just released album Black & White in stores and on Itunes. Here ya go folks, Inside of you by The Maine!”
The voice cut off and music started to play. The Maine, that sound familiar, but I couldn’t think of where I heard it. I listen to the song closely. It was good, really good actually. I couldn’t help but tap my finger on the steering wheel to the beat and I noticed Mary nodding her head to the beat as well. I’ll have to look them up later, I thought to myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? :]