Sequel: Listen To Your Heart
Status: Completed

Untangle Me

Family

Pat and I were on the way to his house for dinner. I was nervous, more nervous then I should have been. It’s not like I was meeting them for the first time. Maybe that’s what made it harder, they already had expectations of me. I closed my eyes and rested my head back against the headrest and tried to calm down.
“Nervous?” Pat asked.
“Yeah.” I responded.
“Don’t be. They love you.” He said. I nodded and let my thoughts wonder to some other thought.
We arrived at Pat’s house and we got out and walked up to the door. We walked right in since the door was unlocked.
“Mom! Come meet my friend!” Pat called through the house as he closed the door behind us. I heard fast footsteps coming from the direction of I remember being the kitchen. Then Mrs. Kirch appeared from behind a wall with a big smile on her face.
“Hello Sweetie.” She said to Pat. “Who’s your friend?” She asked, as she got closer. She looked at me and gasped loudly and held her chest when she recognized me.
“Jamie!? Is that you!?” She gasped.
“Hi Mrs. Kirch” I said shyly but with a big grin.
“Oh sweetie! Give me a hug!” She exclaimed grabbing me and squeezing me, which I did right back. “I can’t believe it, it’s been forever! How have you been? How’s the family? How long have you been back? Did your parents come back too?” She asked as she pulled back but held me by the shoulders.
“Uh, good, good, about a week, and no, just Mary and I.” I said, trying to keep track of all her questions.
“Well I’m so glad you’re back. We’ve all missed you, and the rest of your family.” She smiled at me. “And you!” She scolded Pat. “Don’t you ever surprise my like that again! I almost had a heart attack!”
“Sorry Mom.” He chuckled.
“Oh, I have to get the boys. Tim!” She called. “Tim, come here! And get your father!”
After a few moments, I heard footsteps upstairs and mumbled talking, and then two figures started to appear down the stairs. I saw Tim first, and his eyes widen when he saw me.
“Jamie?” He exclaimed. “I haven’t seen you in forever! How’s it been?” He asked as he pulled me into a hug after reaching the bottom of the stairs.
“I’ve been good. It’s great to see you again Tim.” I grinned.
“Hey sweetie.” Mr. Kirch came over for his hug. “What brings you home?”
“I missed Arizona too much.” I smiled. “And all my friends.” I elbowed Pat.
We heard the oven beep from the kitchen and Mrs. Kirch told us to all sit down at the table and dinner would be right out. We continued to talk about the past 8 years all through dinner and reminisced about old memories. I felt completely comfortable and completely at home. I was home. And I was happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy :]