Sequel: Listen To Your Heart
Status: Completed

Untangle Me

Bad News

It had been about a month since I first encountered the boys and I have spent pretty much everyday either with them or with Pat and his family. Mary hangs out with us a lot too, and by us, I mean Kenny. Lauren stops by when she’s off from work and hangs out with us too. And by ‘hangs out’ I mean Garrett and her flirt while the rest of us pretend not to notice. I spend the most time with Pat, Jared and Garrett, except when Lauren is around. Kenny is always off somewhere with Mary, and John is usually just off somewhere. However, I consider all five of them really good friends at this point and I’d be lost without them. That’s why the secret Pat had been keeping from me caused my world to turn upside down.
Pat had randomly showed up at my apartment and now we were sitting on my bed. He looked really nervous, which was making me nervous.
“I have to tell you something Jamie. And I keep putting off telling you, but now I really have no choice.” He said quickly.
“Okay…” I said, not really knowing what else to say.
“You know Warped Tour?” He asked.
“Of course I do.” I nodded.
“Well… we’re on the tour.” He said.
“That’s exciting!” I smiled.
“… We’re gonna be gone for three months.” He added.
“…Oh.” I said, finally realizing what he was trying to say. There was a long moment of silence as I fully took his words in.
“When do you guys leave…” I asked hesitantly, knowing I wouldn’t like the answer.
“Five days.” He told me.
“What! Five days! That’s it? Why didn’t you tell me this sooner!” I yelled at him and he hung his head.
“I know, I’m sorry. You were just so happy. I didn’t want to upset you.” He told me in a heartbreaking voice. I frowned. He was just trying to protect me and here I was yelling at him. I’m sure this is just as hard for him as it is for me. I sighed, calming down, and moved closer to him on my bed and hugged him tight.
“I’m sorry for yelling. I’m just shocked.” I murmured.
“I’m sorry for not telling you. And for getting all the guys to promise not to tell you.” He said hugging me back. That reminded me of Kenny and Mary.
“Has Kenny told Mary yet? They’ve been getting really close lately.” I asked, pulling back from our hug. He shook his head.
“I think he’s gonna tell her today.” He said.
“She’s going to be upset.” I said sadly. “She finally starts to let a guy in and now he’s leaving.”
“She’s a strong girl, she’ll be okay. And she has you.” Pat said. I nodded and got up.
“Where are you going?” He asked.
“To see the guys. And hit them all for not telling me.” I said and left the room. Pat followed me quickly.
“I made them not tell you, don’t blame them.” He told me.
“I know, but it’s still an excuse to hit them.” I smirked. He laughed and followed me out the door to the guy’s apartment.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy :]
The lack of comments is depressing me, so maybe at least one comment before I post again?