Sequel: Listen To Your Heart
Status: Completed

Untangle Me

Job Offer

For the next three days, I spent all day job hunting and all night with the guys. The job hunt was not going well. Even with my degree, the best job I found was as a receptionist at a dental office, which doesn’t seem very exciting. On the third night I entered the guys apartment and found all five boys there on the couches. They stopped what seemed to be an intense discussion when I entered.
“Uh, hey guys. I am interrupting something? I can go…” I trailed off.
“No, no. It’s all right. Come in, sit.” John said scooting over to make room for me on the couch. I walked over and plopped down with a huff.
“So, what’s up?” I asked them.
“Nothing. Just… talking business.” Kenny said. I nodded and didn’t pry.
“So how’s the job search?” Pat asked.
“Eh. I didn’t find anything better then the receptionist job that I found yesterday. It looks like I’ll have to take that one.” I reported. They all nodded and fell quiet. I looked at them all; they were acting kind of weird. “Is something up?”
“Yes.” John sighed. The four other guys all shot him a surprised look. “We’ve been talking.”
“About?” I asked.
“You.” He said.
“Well that’s awkward.” I laughed. “What about me?” John looked at the other guys and they all looked at each other.
“We want you to come with us on tour and work for us.” Pat said.
“Wait… what?” I said in shock.
“You can be the bands assistant or something. And Mary can come too. Co-band assistants. You guys will live on the bus with us and just help us organize our lives. And we’ll pay you guys of course. But this way, you’ll both have jobs, and we all don’t have to be apart for 3 months.” Kenny explained.
“Yeah, I just got you back after 8 years. I don’t think I’ll be able to leave you now.” Pat said sadly.
“So, what do you say?” Garrett asked.
“I… don’t know what to say.” I admitted.
“Is that a yes or no?” Jared asked.
“I don’t know. There’s a lot to think about. Like what about my apartment? I’m not gonna pay for it for 3 months if it’s gonna be empty. And I’ve never been on a tour bus, let alone live in one. And with a bunch of guys. And I’d be working for you guys; I don’t want that to complicate our friendship. But I really would miss you guys if when you left; it’d be nice to come with you. And I’m guessing it’ll be pretty fun, and a cool experience.” I ranted.
“You can get a storage locker for your stuff, and there will definitely be apartments for you guys when you come back, this place is never full.” Garrett said.
“And we’re not that bad to live with. We’re pretty fun if I do say so myself.” John added.
“And working for us won’t change anything. Tim is our manager and nothing has changed. And we’re best friends with all our crew.” Pat assured me.
“I… I want to. But I have to talk to Mary first. If she won’t come, then neither will I. I can’t leave her here alone.” I told them.
“I’ll call her right now and tell her to come over.” Kenny said pulling out his phone. He called her and I became lost in thought going through the pros and cons of this decision while we waited for her. When she arrived, they guys told her the same thing they had told me and had the same solutions to her same concerns.
“Well… I want to talk to Jamie.” She told them and looked at me. Kenny told us we could talk in his room so went.
“So… what do you think?” She asked me.
“I want to. I think it’ll be fun. And I don’t want to be apart from the guys. But it’s a big decision. And a lot could go wrong from living with and working for them.” I said.
“I want too. I want to be with Kenny. But I won’t go if you don’t want to.” She told me. I sighed and thought quietly.
“Well… I guess we need to start packing.” I said.
“Really!?” She jumped happily grinning.
“Yeah. Lets do this.” I grinned and she tackled me in a hug.
“This is going to be so much fun!” She said. “Lets go tell the guys.”
“Okay. But calm down. No smiling. Lets mess with them a bit.” I smirked. She nodded and we walked back out to the guys with solemn faces. They all looked at us expectedly and hopefully. I sighed sadly.
“Well. You guys have to help move our furniture to storage.” I told them. After a moment, they registered what I was saying and began to grin.
“Hell yeah!” Garrett cheered. The guys all came over and took turns hugging both of us. After the hugs, John got us all a beer to celebrate.
“Let’s have a cheer.” He said. We all held up our bottles. “To the next three months being the best tour we’ve had yet.” We all cheered and grinned. The energy in the room was filled with excitement. I can’t believe I was about to live with these guys for the next three months. We’re in for one hell of a ride.
♠ ♠ ♠
Longish. Enjoy :]
Comment!