Sequel: Listen To Your Heart
Status: Completed

Untangle Me

Snoop

So it turns out that packing an entire apartment up in under two days is a very stressful event. The morning after we decided to join the guys, Jared and Garrett had gone out to rent us a POD to store the furniture in. While they did that, Mary, John, Kenny, Pat, and I started packing up everything. One bonus is that we only moved in a month and a half ago, so there hadn’t been time for much junk to accumulate. Mary and I were handling our rooms and the bathroom, and the guys were in charge of the rest of the apartment. Lauren was supposed to be coming over to help out after work. We had told her about our decision last night and she took it pretty well. She was going to miss us, but she had a steady job that she couldn’t just leave for the whole summer. But she promised to take a week off midsummer to come hang out with everyone.
So I was now sorting my wardrobe between suitcases, which I would take with me, and boxes, which I would put in storage. I heard a knock on the door and told them to come in.
“Hey.” John said as he opened the door. “Kenny and I finished the kitchen. Pat’s still working on the living room. But Kenny is helping Mary with her room, so I came to offer my help with yours.”
“Oh. Well sure. I got my clothes covered but you can pack my books and knickknacks that are lying around. I already packed the ones I wanted to take.” I said as I tossed him a box. He nodded and went to work.
I continued working on my clothes and I heard John start on my bookcase.
“So, I guess you read a lot?” He asked.
“Yeah, I love reading.” I told him, continuing to work.
“Me too. Maybe we can share books on tour. These look interesting.” He said.
“Yeah, that sounds cool.” I finished with my clothes and turned to him. “I’m gonna start on the bathroom. Are you okay in here?” I asked. He nodded, so I headed off to the bathroom and started to pack up all my cosmetics into a small suitcase. When I finished, I headed back to my room. I found john sitting at my desk intently looking through my journal of sketches and poems.
“Hey!” I said. I must have startled him, since he almost fell out of the chair. He stood up quickly and fumbled to close my journal.
“I-I’m sorry.” He stammered. I went over and grabbed my journal from him.
“This is private. You had no right to go though my things. I didn’t even tell you to pack my desk!” I yelled at him.
“I’m sorry! I was just intrigued. You’re really talented. Those drawings are amazing. And so are the poems.” He tried to reconcile with me.
“I think you should get out.” I told him, stepping aside, giving him a clear path to the door.
“Jamie, I’m really sorry.” He pleaded. I didn’t answer and just looked away. He opened his mouth to say something, but just sighed and hung his head as he left my room. I closed the door behind him and went over and sat on my bed clutching my journal. He had no right to look at this. These are my personal thoughts. It’s like reading my diary, just in poem and drawing form. I’m just glad he didn’t have a chance to get to the end…
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy :]
Comment!