Sequel: Listen To Your Heart
Status: Completed

Untangle Me

Forgive Me?

Lauren came over just after we had finished eating.
“I’m sorry, they kept me late at work.” She apologized.
“Don’t worry about it.” I told her.
“You guys ate already? It’s only 6.” She said after seeing our empty bowls. “Oh well, I’m hungry, I’m gonna raid your fridge.” She said, moving to the kitchen.
“Go for it, we’re gonna have to throw a lot of it away anyway.” Mary commented. After rummaging through the fridge, she came back nibbling on a slice of left over pizza.
“Eww, how can you eat that cold!” I asked. She just shrugged and took another bite as she plopped down on the couch with us.
“So, you’re all done packing?” She asked.
“Yup. Everything but the things you can’t pack till last minute. The POD’s coming tomorrow morning and the guys are helping lift everything.” I told her.
“Well I took tomorrow off to hang out with you guys, so I’ll be here to help.” She smiled.
“Oh yay!” Mary grinned.
“Are you coming over to hang with us or Garrett?” I teased.
“You guys!” She exclaimed defensively and I laughed.
“You keep telling yourself that Lauren.” I pat her shoulder. She glared, which just made Mary and I laugh. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.
“That’s weird, who could that be. Maybe one of the guys forgot something. I’ll get it.” I said getting up and going over to the door. I opened it, but found no one there. I looked down and saw a small book with a note attached. I looked down the hallway, but no one was there. I picked up the book and saw the note was addressed to me. I opened it, and it read:
‘Forgive Me?’
There was no name, but I knew it was from John. I smiled and looked at the book. I was a book of poetry by e. e. cummings. He must have seen my other book of his poetry in my bookcase. I bit my lip. I guess I could forgive him. It’d certainly be hard not to. I stepped back into my apartment and closed the door.
“Who was it?” Mary asked.
“No one.” I smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two short ones in a day= a good size post? haha. Enjoy and Comment!