Sequel: Listen To Your Heart
Status: Completed

Untangle Me

Ultimatum

We were now on the road, driving to the first destination. Everyone had settled in and picked their beds. Everyone was setting up the bus, putting the food they had brought away, hooking up an Xbox, and setting up their beds. I sat quietly on the couch, taking in the excitement around me. I had already put together my bed, so I wasn’t sure what else to do. I felt awkward and out of place. All these guys knew what lied ahead of them, and I had no clue. Jared came and sat next to me.
“Hey, you alright? Looking kind of spacey.” He said.
“Yeah, I’m fine. Just don’t really know what to do now.” I told him, watching guys walk back and forth, some of whom I didn’t know. “Can you tell me who these other guys are?” I asked him. He nodded and proceeded to point out and name each of the guys, telling me what each of them did.
“Alright. Thanks. Do they know who me and Mary are?” I asked.
“Yeah, we told them. They’re cool with it.” He said. We talked for a little bit until he excused himself and I went and lied in my bunk. Closing the curtain, I took out my journal and started to sketch, not really knowing what I was about to draw. After a couple minutes, I was startled by my curtain being ripped open and John popping his head in, grinning. I glared at him after my heart stopped racing and closed my journal.
“Hey there cutie.” He chuckled.
“Hi loser.” I smiled smugly back.
“Oh, ouch, that hurts.” He pouted. I sighed.
“John, what will it take for you to leave me alone, for good?” I asked.
“Hmm…” He thought. “How about… a date?” He smiled.
“You wish.” I scoffed.
“Oh come on, just one date, and I’ll leave you alone.” He said. I thought about it. One night of suffering for a lifetime of peace. I guess I can handle that.
“Fine. One date. And then you leave me alone.” I told him, emphasizing the ‘one’. He grinned.
“Perfect. Well, once we get to the first venue, that whole day is rehearsal. Then the next day it all begins. So that night, it’s just you and me.” He grinned.
“Can’t wait.” I said sarcastically and then pushed him back and closed my curtain. I heard him chuckle before walking away.
I fell back onto my bed with a huff. What have I done?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short! I hope you enjoy it anyway. Comment!