Sequel: Listen To Your Heart
Status: Completed

Untangle Me

Laundry Day

It was 3 weeks into the tour and everything was going well. John and I were together and no one seemed to mind, which I was grateful for. I was hanging around the bus late in the afternoon, when Pat called Mary and I into the lounge.
“Hey, we have a job for you guys.” He said as we entered.
“Alright, what is it?” I asked.
“It’s laundry day.” He smiled and pointed to the five bags of dirty laundry, each having the name of one of the guys. “Normally we do it ourselves, but now we have assistants.”
“Yeah, you have assistants, not maids.” I told him.
“Oh come on, please?” He pouted. I looked at Mary and she shrugged.
“Fine. Whatever. But we keep any change we find in your pockets.” I joked.
“Deal.” He said. “You can use the van to bring everything to a laundry mat. And that’s the laundry quarter jar.” He said, pointing to a jar of quarters. I nodded and went to the computer to find a nearby laundry mat while Mary put the bags in the car. After I got directions to one, Mary and I packed a bag of our own dirty clothes, figuring we’d do ours at the same time. Once we grabbed the quarters, we headed off.
We split up the guys’ bags between us, I getting stuck with one more than her after losing Rock, Paper, Scissors. I made quick work of the bags and was down to John’s. I was fixing one of his pants that were slightly inside out when I felt something crinkle in his pocket. I took out a piece of paper and unfolded it to make sure it wasn’t anything important. My jaw grew tense as I read the piece of paper. It had the name Crystal and a phone number on it with a note saying to call her. After staring at it for a few moments, I re-folded it and stuck it in my back pocket, and continued hastily with the laundry.
As I waited for the laundry to wash, my mind wondered back to the note. I wasn’t a jealous girlfriend, I really wasn’t, but because of John’s past ways, I couldn’t help but worrying about him cheating me. Especially since he wasn’t getting anything more than kisses from me, and he wouldn’t be getting anything more for a while. It terrified me that he might go elsewhere for it. My thoughts were interrupted by the first load finishing with a beep, and I shook my head of the bad thoughts, going over and moving the wet clothes to the dryer. I did this three more times and then sat in wait. After all the clothes were dry, Mary and I decided to be nice and fold all the clothes, putting them in clean bags that we got at the laundry mat and putting their names on them. After two hours at the laundry mat, we finally had finished, and made our way back to the venue.
We carried the bags inside and tossed them on each guy’s bed, or handed it to them if they were around. John wasn’t on the bus, so after putting his clothes in his bunk, I sat on the couch and watched TV, waiting for him to come back. After a while, John came strolling in and sat next to me on the couch.
“Hey baby.” He said.
“Hi.” I responded unintentionally coldly.
“What’s wrong?” He asked frowning. I sighed.
“Who’s Crystal?” I asked, turning to look at him, trying to stay calm.
“Crystal? I don’t know.” He said, looking at me questioningly. I took out the piece of paper from my pocket and handed it to him.
“I found this in your pocket while doing your laundry.” I said. He unfolded it and looked at it quickly.
“Oh, Jamie, no. This isn’t what you think. Well it might be what you think; I don’t know what you’re thinking. I met her like a week ago; she’s merching for some other band. She gave me her number, and I didn’t want to be rude so I just stuck it in my pocket. I wasn’t planning on calling her. I completely forgot about it actually.” He explained.
“Did you tell her you had a girlfriend?” I asked.
“Well… no.” He said, looking down sadly. “I’m sorry, I should have. That was stupid on my part.” I just sighed and crossed my arms, looking away from him.
“Yeah, really stupid.” I told him.
“I’m sorry Jamie.” He said putting his arm around my waist and pulling me closer to him. “Please don’t be mad. I would never cheat on you, you know that don’t you?” He asked. I just shrugged and looked down. “I wouldn’t. I won’t, I promise.” I sighed and looked up at him.
“Okay.” I said. “I trust you.” I told him, looking him in the eyes. He smiled lightly and wrapped his other arm around me, pulling me into his chest. I rested my head there and smiled as I listened to his heartbeat. After a while, he pulled away and grabbed his phone and the piece of paper that had dropped to the ground.
“What are you doing?” I asked him, but he didn’t answer, just dialed the number and put the phone to his ear. After a moment, I heard a soft voice from the other end, but couldn’t make it out.
“Hey Crystal, it’s John. We met the other day? … Yeah, that’s the one. I just wanted to let you know that I have a girlfriend. … Yeah, sorry about that. … All right. Well nice talking to you. Bye.” He hung up and smiled at me. “There, all set.” He told me. I smiled at him.
“You didn’t have to do that.” I said.
“But I wanted to. I want everyone to know that I’ve got the most amazing girl in the world and I don’t want anyone else.” He grinned and pulled me into his lap sideways, wrapping his arm tightly around me.
“You’re too much.” I told him smiling, and leaned in and kissed him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just love mushy things. Haha
Enjoy & Comment!