Sequel: Listen To Your Heart
Status: Completed

Untangle Me

The Duncans

Two days later, we were in Boston. The day went by fast as we all went through our normal routines. Once Jared and Garrett found out that the rest of us were going to eat with my parents, they wanted to come too, mainly for a home-cooked meal. So I called my mom and told her to make sure she cooked enough for everyone.
After the day was over, we all hoped in the van, me driving, since I knew my way around, and John in the passenger seat.
“I’m starting to get nervous.” John admitted quietly to me.
“Why? It’ll be fine. This is so not like you to be nervous.” I told him.
“I know, but this is a big deal. Seriously, what if they don’t like me?” He asked.
“Well, we can worry about that if it happens. For now, just relax and be yourself and I guarantee everything will be fine.” I assured him, grabbing his hand and squeezing. He smiled at me and I smiled back.
We finished the drive to my parents’ house and I pulled into the driveway. We piled out of the car and I lead everyone to the door, just walking in, not bothering to knock.
“Mom! Dad! We’re here!” I called through the house. The first one to greet us was our little dog, Snickers, who came bounding up to us barking from the back of the house, sliding across the hardwood floor as he made the turn. I bend down and caught him in my arms.
“Oh, my baby! I missed you so much!” I cooed and cuddled him as he tried desperately to lick every inch of my face. Mary came over and said her hellos to him as he reached to lick her too. I let him down as I heard footsteps coming and looked up to see my mom entering.
“You’re here!” She smiled, hugging Mary and I. “I’ve missed you girls.” She said and then looked at the guys. Her eyes fell on Pat and she gasped.
“Patrick? Is that you? Oh, look at you, come here!” She cooed, pulling him into a hug.
“Hi Mrs. Duncan, it’s great to see you.” He said, hugging her back.
“Oh, how are you? How’s the family. How’s your mom?” She asked.
“We’re all great, thanks for asking.” He smiled. She patted him on the shoulder, smiling, and turned to the rest of the guys.
“And who might this good looking group of men be?” She asked. They all introduced themselves and shook my mom’s hand. “Well, it’s nice to finally meet you. Why don’t we all go outside to the backyard where my husband is grilling.” She said. Everyone nodded and she led the way through the house. I scooped up Snickers and carried him outside with me. My dad put down his spatula and turned to us.
“Girls!” He grinned seeing us and opened his arms. We hugged him and he kissed our heads.
“Hi daddy. I’ve missed you.” Mary said. She had always been daddy’s little girl.
“I’ve missed you too. Both of you.” He smiled and looked at the guys, also seeing Pat.
“Ah Patrick, nice to see you.” He smiled, shaking his hand.
“Nice to see you too sir.” Pat smiled. He moved to the other guys and they introduced themselves. My mom called Mary and I into the kitchen to help her. I put Snickers down and we went into the kitchen and helped her with the food.
When we came out with dishes to set the table with, I saw Garrett and Jared sitting down in some chairs, Pat playing with Snickers, and John and Kenny were talking with my dad. I smiled at the fact that they were trying to get in good with their girlfriends’ dad. By the time we set the table and had all the other food set out, my dad had finished with the burgers and brought them over on a plate. We sat down, my parents on each end and the rest of us in the middle. We ate dinner and made small talk. My dad told a lot of funny stories and everyone laughed. After a while, we decided to clean up and head inside. I was putting away some leftovers in the fridge when suddenly arms wrapped around my waist. I jumped a little, not expecting anyone else to be the kitchen and turned around.
“Don’t scare me like that!” I scolded John who just chuckled.
“Sorry babe.” He smiled innocently and kissed me sweetly. “So I want to see your room.” He told me.
“My room?” I asked, raising my eyebrow.
“Yeah.” He smiled. I just shrugged and grabbed his hand, leading him up the stairs to my room. I opened the door and pulled him inside.
“It’s kind of empty. I took a lot of my stuff with me.” I said, looking around. He walked around, looking at everything that was still here.
“You played soccer?” He asked, stopping at my shelf of trophies.
“Yup.” I said, walking over to him. “These are all championship trophies.” I pointed out the big ones.
“So you were good?” He smiled.
“I was good enough to be picked by championship winning teams.” I said. He chuckled and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me close.
“Do I get to see some moves?” He asked.
“Maybe.” I teased. He smirked and kissed me, and I could tell he didn’t intend on stopping. I gave him what he wanted for a few minutes before pulling back, causing him to pout. I chuckled.
“Come on. Lets go back downstairs.” I said grabbing his hand and pulling him back downstairs, joining everyone else.
♠ ♠ ♠
READ PLEASE
Okay hey guys. Sadly, I have to warn you that posting will be slowing down. Previously, I have been able to post everyday because I was writing everyday. But as school approaches, my summer is becoming more hectic and writing isn't the priority anymore. Don't get me wrong, I will still be writing as often as I can. But right now, I've only written 5 chapters more than I've posted, and I don't want to catch up to myself. I like having a bunch of chapters written instead of posting as I write them. I don't know how often I will be posting, but I guessing around 2/3 times a week.
But on a happy note, I've decided how the story is going to end. When I began writing the story I had no idea how it would end, but now that I do, I know what direction to go in. And I also know that it's nowhere near done haha.
Okay, I think that's all the news I have.
Please don't hate me! I love writing for you guys but life gets in the way sometimes.
I love you guys! Enjoy & Comment!