Sequel: Listen To Your Heart
Status: Completed

Untangle Me

Wake Up Call

“Wake up.” I heard a voice calling me as I felt myself being shaken. I forced my eyes open to see John hovering over me. He stopped shaking me as I rubbed my eyes.
“Morning.” I told him. I felt an arm around my waist so I looked behind me to see Pat still asleep. “Oh, I guess we fell asleep.” I said, looking back at John.
“I guess so.” He said emotionlessly. “It’s time to get up now.” He told me before walking out of the lounge. Well someone’s a bit grouchy. I shrugged it off and worked on removing Pat’s arm from around me. I tried lifting it, but when I did, his arm just tightened around me and I couldn’t pry it off. Stupid drummer muscles. So I reached back and shook his shoulder.
“Wake up Patticakes.” I ordered, shaking him harder when he didn’t wake up. He groaned and his eyes fluttered open.
“Hey.” He said groggily, releasing his arm from around me to rub his eyes.
“Hello.” I said, getting up. “I guess we fell asleep last night.”
“Yeah, looks like it.” He said, sitting up and rubbing his neck. “Well that’s gonna hurt.”
“Sleeping on couches does not make for nice mornings.” I pointed out while stretching my arms above my head. “But the show must go on I suppose. Time for work.” I said before leaving the lounge and going to my bunk to grab the clothes I had gotten the night before. I quickly changed and freshened up before joining John on the couch while I ate a breakfast bar.
“Hey babe. You seemed upset when you woke me up this morning? What’s the matter?” I asked him.
“Nothing.” He replied.
“Yeah, that’ll convince me.” I said sarcastically. “Really John, what’s wrong? Are you mad at me?”
“No.” He sighed. “I’m not mad. Just… frustrated.” He said, searching for the right word.
“And why is that?” I asked.
“It’s just not very fun to wake up expecting your girlfriend to be next to you, and she’s not there. And not only is she not with you, but she’s cuddling on the couch with someone else. It’s not easy seeing you wrapped in the arms of another guy, even if it’s only Pat. And I know that you guys are just friends, but I’m just telling you how I feel.” He said.
“I’m sorry John.” I frowned. “I didn’t realize that upset you. And you’re right, Pat and I are just friends. But if it upsets you, I won’t let it happen again. Expect me there when you wake up from now on, okay?”
“Looking forward to it.” He smiled lightly. I smiled back and gave him a quick kiss. After finishing breakfast, I said good-bye to John and went off to my normal morning duty of helping Vito with the tent.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been a while :[ My writers block is getting to me. And so is the pressure of school about to start ugh.
Comments might help me out? :P
Enjoy!