Sequel: Listen To Your Heart
Status: Completed

Untangle Me

Feelings

“John, how dare you not tell me your birthday is tomorrow!” I scolded. It was a few days after Lauren’s arrival and I had overheard the guys talking about birthday plans for John and confronted him.
“Because it’s not a big deal. I don’t want you to freak out about it. And I definitely don’t want a gift.” He said.
“Why not! I want to get you something. Not that I have a chance to now.” I pouted.
“Good. Then my plan worked.” He smiled.
“Oh, do not doubt me John O’Callaghan! I will get you a gift and you are going to love it!” I smirked.
“Noooo.” He whined, wrapping his arms around me. “I’m going to hold you captive until my birthday’s over.” He said, tightening his arms around me. I squirmed but I couldn’t escape. I looked up with him with my best puppy-dog face.
“Why don’t you want a present from me?” I frowned.
“Because you are the best gift I could ever have.” He smiled.
“Okay. Good answer.” I smiled and leaned up to kiss him. I deepen the kiss until he lets his guard down and quickly wiggle from his grasp. “But you’re still getting a present.” I say before walking off.
“That was so uncool!” He yelled after me and I just laughed.
Later that day, I went and found Pat.
“Pat. I need your help.” I sighed, sitting next to him. “I have no idea what to get John for his birthday.”
“He said he doesn’t want anything.” Pat said.
“Did you actually not get him anything?” I asked, raising my eyebrow.
“… No. I did.” He chuckled. “I don’t know. I’m not really an expert on what to get your boyfriend.”
“You’re no help!” I whined.
“I’m sorry! Maybe you should just go shop around until something pops out at you.” He suggested.
“I could do that.” I agreed. “Alright. I should leave now if I want to find a store before everything’s closed.” I said goodbye to Pat and made my way out of the bus only to be stopped by John.
“Where are you going?” He asked suspiciously.
“Narnia.” I responded with a straight face.
“Jamie…” He warned.
“Bye!” I smiled and stepped around him and jogged out of the bus.
After around two hours, I finally made it back to the bus. It was difficult, but I think I got John a good gift. I put the gift in my suitcase under the bus and then entered the bus. I made my way to my bunk and found John lying there, with his hands behind his head, staring at the ceiling.
“Hey cutie.” I said as I climbed in next to him. He seemed to be broken of his trance and looked over at me.
“Oh, hey.” He said.
“What’s up? You seem deep in thought. Watcha thinkin’ bout?” I asked.
“You.” He said simply.
“Oh. Should I be flattered or worried?” I asked. He just shrugged and stayed silent, looking back at the ceiling. I started to worry that something was wrong.
“John. Tell me what’s going on. You know you can talk to me.” I said, putting my hand on his chest. He sighs and rolls on his side to look at me.
“Can I tell you something? And will you promise not to be freaked out.” He asked. I nodded hesitantly and looked at him. He grabbed my hand and laced our fingers together. “Jamie. I know that we haven’t been together for very long. Actually, not long at all. But I feel like I’ve known you my whole life. I know that such a cliché, but I just feel so comfortable with you. And you make me so happy. I haven’t felt like this in a really long time. And I understand that it is way too soon to be saying this, but I feel that I need to. I may not know much, but I know what my heart wants; and that’s you.” He paused and looked at me. “I love you Jamie.”
I just blinked and stared at him, processing his words.
“That came out way cheesier than expected.” He blushed. I smiled lightly and touched his cheek.
“Oh John…” I murmured, leaning into him and pressing my lips to his. I pulled back and leaned my forehead against his. “I don’t care that it’s only been 2 months, I love you too.”
“Wait. Seriously?” He asked, backing up slightly. I laughed.
“What? You don’t believe me?” I asked.
“No. No. It’s just that, that’s the most beautiful thing I’ve ever heard.” He said before hastily crushing his lips to mine. I smiled and kissed him back before pulling away and hitting him in the arm.
“And don’t you dare scare me like that again! I thought you were going to say you were married or had a kid or something!” I scolded.
“Well… I do have something else to tell you…” He said seriously, but laughed when I hit him again. He grinned and kissed me again. I wrapped my arms around him and pulled myself closer to him, melting into the kiss. I pulled back abruptly, causing him to look at me questioningly.
“You’re still getting a birthday present.” I told him. He just groaned and rolled on top of me, reattaching our lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
Super long one. And I wrote this instead of the 300 pounds of homework I have.
I think that deserves some comments? :]
And aww they love each other! :D
What do you think Jamie should get John? I still haven't decided.
Comment Comment Comment!!
Enjoy!