Sequel: Listen To Your Heart
Status: Completed

Untangle Me

Birthday Boy

“Shhh!” I hissed at the guys as we crept closer to my bunk, where John still lay sleeping. The guys, Mary, Lauren and I all held random objects that were capable of making loud noises in our hands as we tipped toed our way through the bus. Once we reached my bunk, everyone gathered around while I carefully opened the curtain. I raised three fingers and counted down silently until I reached one and we all began making as much noise as possible while we screamed ‘HAPPY BIRTHDAY!’
John shot up in the bunk, hitting his head on the top, causing him to fall back down on the bed with a groan as his hand flew up to his forehead. The guys found this immensely funny, which they made obvious with their laughter. I sat on the end of the bed, torn between the instinct to laugh and the nurturing instinct to make sure he was okay.
“Are you okay babe?” I asked through a small chuckle, reaching my hand to pull away the one he was using to cover his face.
“Yeah, yeah. I’m fine.” He said, blinking a couple times before turning his head to see the others laughing outside the bunk. “Hi guys. Thanks for your concern.” He told them sarcastically. “You know, a simple ‘wake up’ would have sufficed.” Their laughs died down and they all wished him another happy birthday before walking off. I climbed the rest of the way into the bunk and closed the curtain.
“I was looking forward to a simple good morning kiss.” He pouted. I giggled and gave him a sweet kiss.
“Good morning.” I smiled. “And Happy Birthday!” I grinned at him, giving his a deeper kiss.
“That’s better.” He smiled. “And thank you. I have a feeling this is going to be a good birthday.” He said, wrapping his arms around my waist.
“And why is that?” I smiled.
“Because I have you of course!” He grinned. I smiled and kiss him again, but didn’t pull back this time. After a little bit of fun, I detached from him and smiled.
“Happy Birthday to me!” He sung and I just laughed and gave him another quick peck before opening the curtains and climbing out of the bunk, John following quickly behind.
“I’m taking you out to dinner tonight, okay? So make sure you’re ready and in this bus at 6.” I told him
“Um. Okay.” He nodded.
“Do you want anything for breakfast?” I asked him.
“I was just going to get a bowl of cereal.” He said, moving towards the cabinet.
“Eh, eh, eh. Sit down birthday boy. I’ll get it for you.” I scolded.
“Jamie. Just because it’s my birthday doesn’t mean you have to serve me.” He said.
“I know I don’t. But I want to. I want you to have a perfect day. So sit your ass down and stop protesting.” I demanded. He just chuckled and sat down, shaking his head.
“You just wait until your birthday missy.” He warned.
“That’s the difference between you and me, John.” I said as I grabbed a bowl. “I love to be pampered.” I smirked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! So I've been sick. I stayed home from school on Friday. Therefore, I got a lot of writing done! This chapter is a tad short but the next one is super long.
If you want some more reading, I posted a story a while ago but it hasn't gotten many reads and I think it deserves some. So if you want to read this short story:
http://stories.mibba.com/read/414187/Free/1/
Enjoy and Comment!