Sequel: Listen To Your Heart
Status: Completed

Untangle Me

Surprise

We were heading back to the bus after dinner. John was driving with one hand and held my hand in the other.
“So. Did you have a good birthday?” I asked.
“Of course. I got to perform for my fans, which I love. I got to hang out with my friends, which I love. And I got to spend time with you, who I love. So it was a perfect day.” He smiled.
“Good.” I smiled. “But it’s not over yet. You haven’t gotten your present yet.”
“I hoped you had forgotten.” He groaned.
“Oh shush. You’re going to like it.” I squeezed his hand. He turned into the venue and we parked. He undid his seatbelt and turned to look at me.
“I know I will. I’m sure I’ll love it. But I just hate to think you spent money on me.” He said. I sighed.
“You want to make me happy, right?” I asked.
“Of course I do.” He responded quickly.
“Well getting you a gift makes me happy. So it’s win-win.” I told him before opening the car door and hopping out. He caught up to me as I made my way to the bus and grabbed my hand and whirled me around, pulling me into him. I looked up at him as our chests pressed together.
“Fine. You win. But it better not of been expensive.” He warned. I just smiled and stood up on my toes to kiss him.
“Come on. Lets get inside.” I told him, entwining our fingers and swinging our hands as we walked. He opened the door for me and I hurried in. Once he made his way into sight, two-dozen people yelled ‘SURPRISE!’ He grinned, a look of shock still on his face. Every member of the band and crew was there, along with some close friends from various bands.
“So this is why we went out to dinner.” He smirked at me. I just shrugged innocently and pushed him towards his friends. He greeted everyone and then was lead to the couch.
“Okay. Present time.” I grinned, sitting down next to him as he eyed me. A few of his closer friends came up and gave him something small, mostly gift cards to Itunes and his favorite fast food joints. He also got a couple bottles of liquor, mainly whiskey. Finally, the guys came up.
“So we couldn’t get you a stripper this year like usual, so we actually had to think of stuff. Harder than it sounds.” Garrett said handing him a beanie.
“Oh cool. Thanks man.” John smiled. Jared got him new headphones, and Pat got him new guitar strings, since apparently his were worn out or something.
“Okay my turn.” Mary piped up. “I’m sick of you wearing the same three shirts everyday so I got you a new one.” She said handing him a tank top with a cool bird and feather design on it.
“Thanks Mary, I did need a new one.” He laughed. Then Kenny stepped up.
“This doesn’t need much explanation.” He winked, handing him a box of condoms. John opened his mouth to speak but I cut him off.
“Well you won’t be needing those anytime soon.” I said, taking the box and shoving it behind me. Some laughs came from the crowd. “Oh shut up. Like any of you are getting any either.” I retorted and the laughing stopped. I smirked to myself.
“Okay. I guess that’s it. Let the party and drinking commence!” I shouted and then said quietly to John. “I’ll give you my present later, okay? You go head and have fun with your friends, I’m going to go put this stuff in your bunk.” I said standing up and gathering all his gifts. He nodded and gave me a quick kiss before moving into the crowd. I took the stuff and put it in his bunk. I picked up the condoms and cursed Kenny for embarrassing me. Then I threw them with the rest of the stuff and cursed myself for probably embarrassing John.
I let John drink and have fun with his friends, not wanting to bother him. I was walking to the back to get a beer when I heard sounds coming from Garrett’s bunk. I decided to be nosy and peeked in the curtain. I quickly closed the curtain when I saw Garrett, Lauren, and too much skin mixed together. I smiled to myself and continued on my way. Someone’s getting interrogated tomorrow.
People eventually started to leave and everything died down. John came over to me.
“Hey baby.” He said, giving me a kiss. I tasted alcohol but he didn’t seem drunk, just loosened up.
“Hi. Ready for your present?” I asked, grabbing his hand. He nodded and I lead him to my bunk. We sat down and I grabbed a bag. First I pulled out a couple books.
“I thought you might like these. They seemed good.” I said.
“Thank you.” He smiled.
“You know when you were telling me about your dad’s old record player that you found in your attic, and how you’ve been collecting records ever since?” I asked and he nodded. I emptied the rest of the bag and pulled out a couple records that I found that he would like.
“Oh, awesome!” He said going through them. “I don’t have any of these.” He grinned and looked at me. “Thank you Jamie. I love everything you got me.” He said, leaning in and kissing me. I smiled and broke away from the kiss.
“There’s one more thing.” I said. “Stay here.” I got up and went to his bunk and grabbed the box of condoms Kenny got him. I contemplated my decision for a moment and then ripped open the box and pulled one out. I went back and sat down next to him again.
“Here.” I said handing it to him. He took it and raised his eyebrow at me.
“And what’s this?” He asked.
“It’s a promise.” I said.
“A promise of what?” He asked.
“That I’m ready and that I want to. That as soon as tour is over and we are home with an actually bed and not this box, and without people a few feet away, it will happen. I promise.” I finished.
“Jamie, you don’t have to promise that. If Kenny giving me condoms is making you feel like you have to-” He started but I cut him off.
“No John. I don’t care about Kenny and his stupid antics. I care about you and I want this. I promise. Just not in this coffin.” I said, hitting the top of the bunk with my palm.
“Well if the bed is the issue I can have us in a motel in 10 minutes.” He suggested. I laughed.
“Yeah. I think not. But nice try.” I said, patting his cheek. I took my gifts from him and put them with the rest in his bunk. I made him scoot into my bunk and followed him, closing the curtain.
“But just because I don’t want to have sex, doesn’t mean we can’t have a little fun. As long as the birthday boy can keep quite. Do you think you can do that?” I asked as my fingers trailed down to the waistband of his jeans. He looked at me wide eyed as he bite his bottom lip and nodded.
“Good boy.” I smiled, kissing him hard as my hand slipped under his boxers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oooo steamy. ;]
It had to be done.
And some Garrett/Lauren lovin' :D
Thanks for the birthday present advice :] I hope you guys like the chapter!
It's almost over. I'm going to estimate 55/56 chapters? I'm not sure but I'll go with that.
Enjoy and I want lots of comments on such a jam packed chapter!
*Edit*
I need help guys! Comment with some of your favorite moments of the summer! ex. the lake, Pat and Jamie at the pet shop etc. Thanks guys!