Sequel: Listen To Your Heart
Status: Completed

Untangle Me

More Beginnings

I woke up the next morning and untangled myself from John, causing him to wake up too.
“Oh. I’m sorry. Didn’t mean to wake you.” I told him as he stretched.
“It’s okay baby.” He said, wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing my cheek. “You’re the only one that I don’t mind waking me up.” I smiled at that.
“So, overall, did you have a good birthday?” I asked.
“I had a fantastic birthday. Especially at the end.” He smirked and pulled me closer. I giggled and hit his chest.
“Oh hush you.” I tapped his nose affectionately. He just smiled and kissed me.
“I love you.” He smiled warmly.
“I love you too. And even though I’d love to lay here with you forever, we have to get up.” I said. He nodded and scooted out of the bed and helped me out too.
“Oh babe,” I said quietly. “I need to show you something. But keep it a secret, okay?” I asked. He nodded and I led him to Garrett’s bunk. I opened the curtain a little and showed him the two sleeping bodies entangled together. He made a silent ‘ohhh’ and I nodded knowingly and shut the curtain. We walked to the couches and sat down before talking.
“So what are you planning on doing about that?” He asked quietly. I thought for a moment.
“Well I was going to confront her about it, but now thinking about it, maybe it’s just best if we stay quiet and let them tell us on their own time.” I said at an equal volume.
“Well isn’t that nice of you.” He smiled and put his arm around me.
“I try.” I smiled and he laughed and gave me a kiss.
“Since we got up pretty early, we have about an hour before we need to be out with the fans, so do you want to go get breakfast or something?” He asked. I nodded and we got changed and headed out to the first place we found.

That night, Lauren grabbed Mary and I and locked us in the back lounge.
“Okay, so what’s so important?” Mary asked.
“Garrett and I had sex last night.” She spilled out quickly and then covered her mouth. Mary and I looked at each other and then back at her, neither us with much surprise on our expressions.
“What? Why are you guys so blasé?” She asked.
“Well, we all knew it was coming.” Mary said.
“And I already knew.” I said.
“What? How?” She shrieked quietly.
“Because I know everything.” I said like it was obvious. Mary nodded in agreement. “So what does this mean? Are you guys together?” I asked.
“I don’t know. We haven’t talked about it. I was so embarrassed this morning I just left and I’ve avoided him all day.” She said. So that’s why Garrett’s been mopey all day.
“Why! You both like each other!” I said exasperated.
“I know… but, okay, I don’t mind having one-night stands, but starting a relationship by sleeping together… that’s just a disaster waiting to happen.” She said.
“Don’t think of it like that. You two were pretty much unofficially together anyway, so just think of it as moving fast in a relationship.” Mary said.
“Yeah, it’s not like you are basing it off the sex, you like each other before.” I pointed out. She nodded.
“I guess you’re right. Thanks guys. I guess I need to talk to him.” She said.
“Yes you do.” I said, standing up. “And we’ll go get him. Stay here.” I said and grabbed Mary and left the room. We walked to the front and found Garrett sitting with Jared and Pat. I grabbed his hand and pulled him up, dragging him towards the back, not answering his questions. I stopped him in front of the door and looked him over. Mary fixed his shirt and I messed up his hair, making it look better.
“What are you two-“ He started but before he could finish we pushed him into the room with Lauren and closed the door.
“That was like a mini-kidnapping.” I said to Mary. She laughed.
“Yes, quite the thrill.” She added. We laughed and headed back to the front to sit with the guys.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A couple days later, Lauren had to leave. It was hard to say good-bye, even if we’d see her in again in two weeks. But her boyfriend took the good-bye the hardest. I was sitting next to Garrett on the couch after she left.
“It’s okay Gar. You’ll see her very soon.” I comforted him.
“I know. It just sucks. We start dating and then are instantly separated.” He sighed.
“I understand. But just think: you made it the whole summer without her; I think you’ll be okay for two weeks. And this is the 21st century; there are phones and video chats and texting. You’ll be fine.” I told him. He smiled lightly at me.
“I know. Thanks Jamie.” He said.
“No problem Gar-bear.” I grinned and patted his shoulder.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys. You'll notice I'll be skipping time periods in the story because it's coming to an end. I changed my mind, the story will be more like 58/59 chapters. We're really close guys!
Enjoy and Comment!
Also, I have a surprise coming soon!