Sequel: Listen To Your Heart
Status: Completed

Untangle Me

Last Day

Everyone was sitting around on the couches early in the morning. We all looked at each other, unsure of how to feel.
“So. It’s the last day. I can’t decide whether to be happy or sad.” I said.
“Both.” Pat replied. “Like every tour.”
“I’m sad that it’s over but happy that we have two months off until the next tour.” Jared added.
“Finally no more getting up at these ungodly hours.” I sighed relieved.
“Alright guys. We still have one more day. Let make it the best. And then we can celebrate the advantages of being home. Deal?” John said. We all agreed and headed out to start our day. I stayed at the merch tent the whole day except to see the guy’s set, which was great. After everyone was gone and everything was packed up, I made my way back to the bus, finding Pat on the couch. I plopped down next to him and rested my head on his shoulder.
“I’m pooped Pat.” I said.
“Yeah. Me too. It was a long day. But rewarding.” He responded.
“I’m just excited to get home. You know, after another 20 hours of driving. I guess we lucked out. Some people have days worth of driving and some people have to fly.” I said. “But I’ll be spending the time sleeping and packing.”
“We all will.” He laughed.
“Are we doing anything special tonight?” I asked.
“Well we do have an end of tour tradition that you are welcome to join in.” He said.
“I’m in. What is it?” I asked.
“Drinking and reminiscing about the tour.” He laughed. I laughed too.
“Sounds like fun.” I said, getting up. “I’m going to start gathering all my stuff from around the bus, but I guess I’ll see you later.” I smiled and went off to work.
Late that night, we all sat around with beer in our hands, telling stories of our favorite moments of the summer. We talked about fans they had met and our favorite cities. We remembered the day at the lake and Pat and I told everyone about our tarantula plan that we decided against. We talked for hours about all the little details that we had forgotten until now. I looked around at all my friends laughing and was suddenly aware of the grin on my face.
“Guys. I have a toast to make.” I said, holding out my drink slightly. Everyone quieted down and did the same.
“When I came back to Arizona, my goal was to reunite with my old best friend.” I looked at Pat. “I was just looking for one best friend. Little did I know that I’d end up with five of them. So I want to thank all of you for not only excepting me, but welcoming me into your group. I couldn’t ask for a better group of friends. So, to you guys and this summer together.” I finished.
“To all of us.” Pat corrected.
“To all of us.” The guys said in unison. I smiled and took a sip of my drink.
We continued to talk for a little while until we started to get tired. I headed to bed and got comfortable. John joined me a couple minutes later, slipping next to me and putting his arm around me waist.
“You up baby?” He murmured.
“Mhm.” I mumbled.
“I just wanted to say good night and I love you.” He whispered in my ear. I smiled and found his hand that was dangling over me and interlocked my fingers with his.
“I love you too. Good night.” I said, letting myself fall asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have only have 1pr 2 more chapters to write. Once i finish writing, I might just post them all within a couple days.
Yeah so enjoy and please please comment. You serious don't understand how much I love comments.