Sequel: Listen To Your Heart
Status: Completed

Untangle Me

The Club Can't Even Handle Me Right Now

I felt odd in the super short dress Mary made me wear and I found myself trying to pull it down as we walked straight to the bar upon entering the club. It was a nice black dress; I just wished it were 3 inches longer. Just long enough so I felt comfortable.
“What do you want to drink, Jamie?” Mary asked as she motioned for the bartender to come over.
“Uh… Sam Adams.” I stated.
“Wow, how lady like.” She rolled her eyes and order when the bartender arrived. I took my drink with a thank you and turned around to scope out the club. It was pretty crowded, almost everyone was dancing, and there was decent music. I noticed a couple of cute guys and thought I might try talking to some of them, maybe even dance.
“So,” I say turning to Mary and Lauren after I take a swig of my beer. “What’s the plan?”
“We dance!” Lauren exclaims and grabs my hand and pulls me to the center of the dancing as Mary follows.
I feel myself smiling, just needing to let go and have some fun. All three of us start dancing together, having fun. I finally realize that I haven’t done anything fun since I’d been back in Arizona, and that I’ve wasted my first week back. I’m determined to make up for it, and spend the night dancing and drinking and just letting loose, keeping Pat away from my mind.
Two shots and hours of dancing later I was feeling great. I had danced with a few guys throughout the night but was now dancing with Mary and Lauren. That is, until a tap on Mary’s shoulder caused us to all stop and stare.
“Oh my…” Mary said as she turned to the attractive man who had tapped her. “Hey…”
“Hey Mary, I saw you over here and I thought I’d come say hi.” He smiled, a very sexy smile at that.
“Well hello then.” Mary said with a smile as she got over the shock. She turned to us, “Kenny, this is my sister Jamie and my best friend Lauren.” She introduced us. “Guys, this is Kenny, a guy I met the other night.”
By the look on her face, I knew she meant the night that she didn’t come home and I gave her an understanding look. We said our hellos and shook hands.
“My friends and I have a table in the back if you girls would like to join us?” Kenny said with a hopeful look. I glanced at Mary’s face and I could see past her smile to a look of confusion, but I wasn’t sure why.
“Well, it’s up to you guys.” Mary told us. Lauren and I looked at each other and shrugged.
“Sure, why not.” Lauren pitched in with a smile.
“Great! Follow me.” Kenny said as he turned and lead us towards the back of the club.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy! :]
I'd really love some comments, just so I know if you guys are liking the story or not. Thanks!