Status: Active :) Updates ONCE or TWICE a week <3

You're Grinning Like A Fool

Chapter Nine

Its been two full weeks since I got kicked out. Its been 1 week and 2 days since my mother went ape shit on me for 'running away'.

When I got home my mother was waiting for me in the driveway glaring daggers at me as I came into view. She claimed she had been worried sick and that I will never run away again, my father came out after she said that yelling at her that she kicked me out and that I didn't run away, but than I yelled at him for claiming my mother was the one kicked me out which I re-call, he was the one that said 'get out'. To say everything is bad at the Green household would be a big fat lie, it is absolutely horrible, no one would speak to anyone. At dinner time, my mother would go into the sitting room to eat, my father would go up to his study room and I would just go to my room turning my music up loud.

And to top it all of, Charlotte as yet to talk to me. I tried calling her, but she didn't answer. I tried calling her parent's phones but they said she was either out or doing homework, which I knew was a lie. I passed her and Jay in school, but she ignores me while Jay mutters a small 'hi'. I walk to and from school now because Char was always my ride, since I have yet to get my drivers license.

Right now though, it was a Saturday evening. I was up in my room listening to Duality by Slipknot, one of my favourite songs, and I was trying to concentrate on my homework I got yesterday. It seems my mind kept running of the homework to think about the smallest things. First, it was of how my mom and dad kept fighting, than it turned into the way Charlotte is being a bitch, and now I found myself thinking about Alex Gaskarth, who I have yet to see since I came back home. The way I broke into his house and he kicked me out but took me back in.

"Peyton, come down here." I heard my mother yell breaking my train of thought. I shoved my school books to the side and turned the music off before walking down the stairs.

"Yes, mum?" I asked looking at her as she stood in front of the door breaking my view of who was at the door.

"Charlotte and Jay are here." My eye beamed as I pushed past her and came face to face with my old best friends. "I'll just be in the kitchen." I heard my mom mutter before walking away.

"Hey, Pey." Jay smiled pulling me into a hug, which I happily returned. "I missed you." He muttered into my ear.

"You too." I said before pulling away and looking at Charlotte. She was biting her lip showing she was nervous about something. "Hey," I whispered softly.

she squealed sightly before pulling me into a hug. "I am so so so sorry I acted that way to you. I didn't mean anything. Nothing, Nada. Please, forgive me." she said pulling away from me and looking up at me with pleading eyes.

"Of course." I said pulling her into another hug.

"And I'm so sorry about kicking you out of the car... which reminds me, where did you go? Did you come back home?" she asked pulling away again.

"Not exactly." I muttered shifting from my right foot to my left. Her eyes widened as she pulled me out of the house, which made the door shut behind us.

"Where did you go?" She whispered sitting on the bench on my dec, Jay sat on the floor in front of the bench and I took a seat next to here.

"I.. slept in Alex's again and before you ask did I break in, no I didn't he came outside and brought me in." I smiled slightly as Jay 'awhed'.

"Oh my god, really? Oooh." she jumped up and down smiling like an idiot.

"Yeah, really."

~ ~ ~


That night was spent talking about what we've been up to and getting closer together again. We seemed to be back to normal, except one thing. The tension between Jay and Charlotte, they'd be caught looking at each other and everything would go awkward. If Jay touched Charlotte's hand by a mistake a huge blush would go onto her face, which Jay and myself noticed. If Jay was too close to me, Charlotte would go off in a huff, making Jay go after her and ask her whats wrong. If Charlotte got asked out, which happened three times in the past week, Jay would go furious. Its all just too much.

It was a Friday night and me and Charlotte where at Wal-Mart buying sweets, ice cream and drinks for a sleepover we were having tonight. I decided to ask Char about the whole Jay thing.

"We kissed a few days ago." She stated as I asked her about it. My eyes bulged out of their sockets.

"Wha-How?" I asked finally smiling and jumping up and down the isle. "Take those," I insisted pointing to a packet of Strawberry Jellies, she picked them up throwing them in the basket she was holding.

"I don't really know how we ended up kissing, to be honest. We where just in my living room and it kind of happened." She said twirling her amazing blue hair and smiled up at me. "It was so amazing, Peyton. He was so gentle and swe--"

"Wait! You guys didn't... you know.. do it?" I asked looking at her with fear in my eyes. She looked down blushing. "Charlotte! Oh my god, you are not meant to have sex with a friend.... a best friend." I stated my lips turning into a frown.

"Its true. It ruins a friendship." I heard a familiar voice behind us. We both turned around to see the one and only Alex Gaskarth who was with his friend, Jack..Jack something.

"Me and Alex did it a few years back, and I got to say our friendship hasn't been the same. I think its because I'm still in love with him." Jack stated keeping straight face, and because none of them were smiling I believed him.

"Wha-what? Y'all are gay?" I asked looking at Charlotte with wide eyes and she had the same expression. The two boys burst out laughing making me glare at Jack. "That's not funny."

"Pay-backs a bitch right?" He smirked wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

"Pay-back? For what?" Charlotte asked looking between us.

"Your little friend here insisted she was Alex the other week when I went over. I was creeped out that my best friend turned into something as ugly as this." He stated pointing at me. My jaw dropped as I smacked his chest. "I'm joking." He said giving me a hug. And to think I've only talked to this dude once.

"So how are you?" Alex asked once we all got settled, still in the isle for sweets.

"Ive been better, you?" I asked him staring into his gorgeous brown eyes.

"I'm good. What do you mean, 'Ive been better?'" He said moving closer to me grabbing my wrist.

"I can just feel the sexual tension in the air, can't you....?" I heard Jack say to Charlotte, which caused Alex to move and slap him up the head.

"Charlotte, and I can." She said stating her name for Jack and smirking at me.

"Shut up," I muttered looking down embarrassed.

"So what are you two up to?" Alex asked changing the subject, Thank God

"Just getting goodies for a sleepover tonight. You two?" Charlotte replied for me.

"Oh my god, same." Jack said in a high voice. Alex rolled his eyes which made me smile, he caught that and smiled back.

"We actually better get going," I said looking at Charlotte who nodded.

"Oh okay, well, I, we guess we'll see you around." Alex said, I nodded before waving and continued to walk down the isle with Charlotte.

"Dude, go get her number." I heard Jack whisper to Alex, but it wasn't really a whisper.

"Ja---"

"GO!" He yelled this one, I turned around looking at Jack pushing Alex up to me. I laughed slightly, before waiting for him to reach me, which didn't take long to Jack's pushes.

"Hey," he said with a nod. I rolled my eyes before smiling. I put my hand out, palm first, waiting for his phone to fill the space. He chuckled loudly, placing the phone on my palm. I inserted my number in it under the name Peyton, obviously, and handed it back to him. "Thanks," He muttered leaning down to kiss my cheek. I turned a dark shade of red, "bye." I smiled slightly, waving again and turning running up to Charlotte, grinning like a fool.

"Oh my god," Charlotte mumbled.

Oh my god, was right
♠ ♠ ♠
I think this is actually the first chapter I posted before 1 am. :) I was bored so I decided to put it up.

yeah, okay, well the layout. Ughh, I tried to change it 3 times already but it just keeps going purple backround, no picture. Its doing my head in, so just ignore the backround for now, while I try and change it. Thank you:)

Also, to people who read my other story, (Friends With Benefits), I have the chapter wrote out, but I do not like it that much, So I will re-write chapter 3. Which will be out on Friday night, (hopefully) <3

P.S Follow my twitter, if you have it <3 ztnewpete

Thank You<3

Comment & Subscribe lovies.

<3 So_Far_Away <3