Status: I love comments :)

How to Save a Life

Don't Cry Emily

Emily’s Point of View

Dream. It was another one. A scary one. It has to be a dream. We were in the truck weren’t we?

It was hard to move. The softness of the couch pressed against my cheek. All I could see was a blurry image of Zane. Another man was here as well. He looked like Zane a little bit. Raven black hair, maybe green eyes. I can’t really tell.

Zane and this man were arguing. But their words were so slow. It was like everything was in slow motion. I didn’t like the feeling. I know I’m drugged. There’s no doubt in my mind.

“I can’t believe you.” This man might be yelling, but it was so quiet to me. My fingers tightened a bit on what felt like a blanket. But that didn’t make sense. Shouldn’t they be wrapped in gaze? Zane’s hand came up to his head. Like he was angry at himself at well as the man. “I want you to take her home. Now.” Oh god, listen to the man Zane. Please. Take me home.

“No.” Zane snapped. “She’s been with me for a year, I can’t let her go. She’s never been on her own, she wouldn’t even know where to start. Besides, I think I might love her.”

“Oh for heavens sake, you do not love her. You think you do. Just because you have taken care of her so long doesn’t mean she’s the love of your life. I knew you were the one the cops are looking for. She’s already run from you once, that tells me that you are not taking care of her as much as you say you are. Look at her. Look how scared she is.” I felt something warm drip out of my eye. Crying? This was not the time to allow myself to do such a thing. “You’ve terrified the poor girl. Let her go home. I’m not kidding, Zane.”

Zane looked over at me. Looking like he was actually thinking of letting me go. This might actually be the day I get to leave.

“Look at her. I can’t let her leave. She’d never survive.” Zane growled. Walking over to sit next to my stomach. Wiping away the tears gently with the tips of his pointer finger. “Don’t cry, Emily. There’s nothing to worry about.”

“Zane she cannot stay here. I’ve gotten myself in enough trouble as it is. Neither her or you are safe here. I am obligated to take you in, but you know that I cannot take her in as well.”

“What kind of trouble are you in?” Zane questioned. Reaching for my fingers. Loosing them from the blanket. I could barely feel his touch, it was like what ever he had drugged me with had hidden the pain. It felt like he was wrapping the gaze back on.

“People want to kill me. I owe some people some money and I can’t pay it back. My girlfriend is pregnant, I needed the money for her to go to the hospital. God, Zane. I can barely take care of her. How am I going to support you as well. You need to take this girl home.”

“Peter, I have no desire to stay here. I just need to use your internet to find a place. All I need is for her to get some food. Please. I can’t take her back, I love her.” Zane seemed really pushy. This poor man was already in to much trouble. I was happy with leaving. I don’t want him to feel like he has to do this. Zane shouldn’t force him to do anything for us. I can go hungry for a little while. Zane just needs to find a job. I just need to get out of here. Away from Zane maybe. Home.

“…Fine. The computer is in the bedroom across from mine. Don’t wake up, Natalie. She’s got mourning sickness, which I don’t know why they call it mourning sickness. It happens at every time of the day.” The man informed. Zane nodded then stood up. Leaving me on the couch. Alone with the man. He slowly moved towards me. “He obviously doesn’t trust you if he’s drugging you. The frostbite tells me he’s horrible at taking care of you, and since you look like you’ve been starved it looks like he can’t hold a job as well.” When he picked me up I felt myself hypervenalate. Not on purpose. I guess I’m more messed up then I thought.

“Peter, she’s very jumpy. You’re not going to be able to keep her quite.” Zane called quietly.

Peter snorted a bit. “Doesn’t mean I can’t try.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't be a silent reader I hope you like it :)
Song of the chapter Run Don't Walk by; Hey Monday