Status: I love comments :)

How to Save a Life

Wake up, dreams don't last.

Emily’s Point of View
~Dream~Flashback~

“Matt!” I laughed. Cashing him across the lawn. Trying to get my purse back. “Come on! I need that!”

“Well then come with me, let me buy you lunch. You look starved.” He called back to me. Finally reaching his car and tossing my purse inside. Joy filled inside of me a little bit. I loved how hard he was trying to get me to go on a date with him. I liked the attention. “Come on Emily, what else do you have to do? I know you don’t have anything to do at home. Come with me.”

So I did. I skipped over to his beat up old tan Volkswagen. Feeling as if someone were watching us. But I just assumed it was one of the cheerleaders and hopped into the car. Finding it to have a broken seat belt. Well, if we get pulled over I’m going to be in some trouble with my ‘mom’. Matt smiled and got into the car as well.

“Can I drop you off so we can get a table. I’ve got to go pick up some supplies for that stupid history project.” He questioned as he started the car. I nodded.

“Would you like me to order for you?” I asked. He nodded. “Let me guess, burger with fries and a cheery coke?”

“How’d you know?” He chuckled.

“I didn’t, that’s what I’m getting.” I giggled. Looking back at the school when he pulled away. “Thank you Matt.”

“Anytime, Emily. You deserve at least one friend in this stupid town.” He informed.

20 minutes later I was alone in the restaurant. Being waited on my a man with side swept black hair, and luscious green eyes. He set the one drink down. Smirking at me.

“I’ll bring the second one when they get here. I would feel bad if it was all watery.” He informed. “Nice to meet you, I’m Zane.” He held out his hand to shake. So I did. Not wanting to seem rude. “You are?”

“Emily.” I smirked. “Thank you for the thought about the drinks.”

“Your welcome. I hope you enjoy your meal.” He was kind of weird. It made me think I should keep my guard up.

When he finally walked away I took a sip of the cheery coke. It tasted kind of weird. Almost like it was flat. But I ignored it. Trying to wash down some worry. Why wasn’t Matt here yet? He was just going across the street. What was taking him…so…long?

I began to feel light headed. The world around me was starting to spin. My hand came up to hold my forehead. It felt like everything was going numb. Out of the corner of my eye I saw that Zane guy again. He was coming back over to the table. Resting a hand on my shoulder.

“Emily? Stay still okay, I’ll take you somewhere so it will stop. Just relax okay. Its okay.” He explained.

~Dream~Flashback~


I jerked awake. Gasping. Feeling some more tears overflow. What was with these dreams? Why did I keep having them? They were horrible to me. I didn’t want to have them anymore. Why can’t they just stop?

The area over my ribs started throbbing. But the pain pills that he had given me stopped them from aching so much. Not only that, but they knocked me out pretty good. I could tell that from the light seeping through the side window’s of the truck bed topper. It was day again. No nighttime. I actually preferred nighttime. It made me feel like I was safe from him. I always like the night better then the day. It made me feel better, safer.

I whimpered, but still forced myself to sit up. Pulling the hair out of my face. Smoothing it back. Finding myself trembling. It hurt to breath as well. It sounded like my breathing was labored. I hope nothing is wrong with me. I can’t handle that right now.

The tailgate rattled. I realized what woke me. The truck had stopped. Zane was opening the back. We must be where we were going.

The tail gate opened and the back window of the truck topper. He look quite sad but he still forced a smirk at me. “Hey.” He watched me closely. “Are you okay? What’s wrong?” He crawled into the back. Moving towards me. I didn’t bother to move. I didn’t have anywhere to run to. I took another breath. Realizing how loud it was. No wonder he realized I was having problems breathing. “Come here, babe.” He pulled me into his arms. Cradling me against his chest. I whimpered even more. It hurt when I moved. “Shh, I’ll fix it when we get inside.”

He sat me down gently to lock up the truck. Then helped me inside a old yellow rusty looking trailer. So our new home was a trailer park. Great. He was right, I’m going to hate living this close to him. When we were inside he set me down on a stained white counter. Still looking at all my bruises and cuts.

“Let me see, I’m not going to hurt you I promise.” He lifted up my shirt and run his fingers gently over my ribs.

“O-ow.” I whined. Pulling away from him. Whimpering even more. It really hurt. He looked really sad that he had hurt me. But I just couldn’t bring myself to even come to forgive him. He had just hurt me to bad this time.

“They aren’t broken. I think you’ll be happy to hear that.” He whispered. Walking away from me a little bit. “I am sorry, Emily. I’ll never…I’m sorry.”
♠ ♠ ♠
See, he still cares and that's a really good thing. He still has a heart lol.
Don't be a silent reader please
Enjoy, rate, comment, subscribe.
Thank you so much. :)
Song of the chapter Fever by; Bullet For My Valentine