Status: I love comments :)

How to Save a Life

Get ready, we're leaving soon

Emily’s Point of View

“Ready?” He hummed. Pulling me up from the bed that I was clinging to. I refused to let them go. I refused to wake up. Why must he always make us move places in the middle of the night. The clock was blinking two o’clock in the morning. “Em, come on. You need to get a shower in before we leave. I don’t have money to get us places to sleep until we get to Kentucky. Don’t you think a shower will be nice?”

“No.” I whined. He chuckled then pried the blanket from my fingers, and walking me to the bathroom. “Zane.”

“Take a quick one, I’m going to be back in about twenty minutes. I’m going to buy you some warm clothes, and something to eat. Do not answer the door, I’m going to lock the bathroom. If someone comes in, stay in here and use this.” He slipped a gun into my hand, with my free one I rub my hands over my eyes to wipe away the tiredness. Then I stretched up to kiss him. One arm wrapped around his neck, pressing my lips to his.

“Promise me you’ll come back.” I whispered against his lips. He moved back in for another kiss. Hooking a arm around my waist. Pulling me closer to him.

“Ya, I promise.” He hummed. Pulling away. “You like the color purple right?” I nodded. “Okay, I’ll get you a purple sweater.” He stepped out of the bathroom then. Gently closing the door, when I heard the motel door close and lock, I locked the bathroom door. Setting the gun as close to the shower as I could get it. Just in case I did need it.

Once I got all of my clothing off, I started the shower. Turning it as hot as I could get it. Then I stepped in. Getting under the water as it warmed up so my body would get use to it. Honestly, I can’t take a shower unless it is scalding hot. When I was in the orphanage I use to get in trouble for using all of the hot water.

But then again there was no one here to complain. Not to mention I will never have a problem with Zane, I know for a fact he takes cold showers. I like that about him, I’ll never get yell at for using all of the hot water. That made me happy. This was one thing I might not ever have a problem with. The only thing that might bug me about it is that when I cuddle with him after he gets out of the shower he won’t be nice and warm. But I can learn to deal with that.

~35 Minutes later~

I waited in the bathroom until he came back. But even with he knocked on the bathroom door I still just about jumped out of my skin. Will I ever be able to connect with other people besides him now? Will I always be scared?

“Come out, I’ve got you Chinese food and the clothes.” He called. I tightened the towel then opened the door, holding out my hand. Waiting for the bag of clothing. He handed it to me then I shut the door. Getting ready to dress in the clothing he bought me.

I pulled out a purple button down yarn sweater, a white long sleeved shirt, a pair of jeans, and a new pair of undergarments. Each piece of clothing was so soft, I loved it. I pulled it all on. Then fixed my hair, stepping out. He was sitting on the bed, eating egg drop soup for himself.

“I like them.” He smiled. “You can pull them off quite well. I got you sesame chicken and those sugar cake things.” Yum, my favorite. I really do believe he can read my mind. I sat down in front of him, he handed me chop sticks and smiling me. “I’m steeling the blanket and pillows from this place. I paid cash so they can’t trace me to it. I still have everything else from the trailer so I believe you will be warm enough with all of the blankets and pillows. Not to mention you will have a great place to sleep in the back. You won’t mind spending a few nights in the truck this time. I promise.”

I took a bite of the chicken, and smirked a bit when I swallowed. “I didn’t mind it before. Thank you Zane, I love you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't be a silent reader please
Song of the chapter Love You Like A Love Song By; Selena Gomez