Status: I love comments :)

How to Save a Life

Why'd you drug me?

Emily’s Point of View

I found out why I was sleeping so much when I began moving to the truck bed window. Dizziness over took me and I collapsed back onto the pillows. My head pounding. He drugged me...again! Why did he do that? I know where we are going, I have no desire to run, why?

Finally I reached the window that led into the truck cabin. Trying to open it quietly, but it was locked. Zane’s voice was heard again. He wasn’t yelling this time. It was like he as talking to himself. But his voice turned to me when he heard the window.

“Emily, go back to sleep.” He called. Not sounding himself. I want to know what is wrong.

I would’ve went back to sleep, but I’ll admit it, he needs to stop the truck, I’ve really got to use the bathroom. That really only happens if I’ve slept for a while. “Zane.” I whined. “I’ve got to go potty.” Okay, so maybe the whiny talk wasn’t going to persuaded him. But I’m willing to do anything. I hate having to go without being able to.

His sighed could be heard over the engine of the truck. “Okay, hold on.”

The truck pulled over and into a parking lot. I was tossed around for a little bit. But he was stopped within two minutes. Then he was opening the tail gate and the back window. Looking quite tired himself.

“Okay, come here.” He reached in to help me out. Carrying my entire body weight against him. I found that we were at a express way truck stop. I guess it was a good thing I spoke up when I did. Because if I wouldn’t have said anything when I did I would’ve had to wait. He carried me to the door to the girls bathroom. Setting me down. “I’ll be here when you’re done.” He promised. Letting me go inside.

It took me a while to make it to one of the stalls. I will still really dizzy, and lightheaded. But once I made it to the stall it only took me at least five more minutes before I was out of there and back into his arms. Hugging him around his neck and not letting go when he tried to put me back into the truck bed.

He chuckled a bit. “Come on, Em. It’s midnight, aren’t you tired?”

“No, I was drugged you little jerk. I’m riding with you.” I purred against his neck. He chuckled again, but still shut the back of the truck up and allowed me to ride up front with him. Laying me across the seats and leaving my head in his lap. “Why did you drug me?”

“Because you always have trouble sleeping in the truck…and there were some cops and I didn’t want to take the chances of them recognizing you. The chances are quiet slim, but if they still think you ran away and you are still a minor, they will put you on probation and stick you in therapy with one of those schools for troubled kids. You wouldn’t survive there with all of the druggys and those kids that steal all the time. With your lucky they’d pumble you because they know the runaways are weak. Believe me when I say that.” He explained. “So I just really don’t want time to find you. But you do look quiet different, you’ve grown into your face and gotten a little taller.”

Well if he what claims is true then I believe that we are quiet safe. In Florida we should be able to live as a normal couple. Maybe once I turn 18, I’ll be able to get a job. No one will notice who I am. Soon we will be able to be happy and stop running. I can’t wait.