Status: I love comments :)

How to Save a Life

Don't make me fight you!

Emily's Point Of View

Zane had kissed me good bye and tucked me tighter into the blankets before he left to job hunt. I found myself flipping through random TV channels while awaiting his return. Ever channel just confused me. I haven't watched TV in so long that I have no clue what half of these TV shoes are. Sure I knew The Suite Life Of Zack and Cody, and Invader Zim but everything else was new and I couldn't fallow it. So I just stuck with those two and flipped between them on each commercial. Laughing at most of the jokes, but wincing when I remembered that it hurt to breath deeply.

About twenty minutes later Matt appeared and watched someone the show with me. Seeming like he was getting up the gull to talk to me, so I just started the conversation on my own, tired of watching him fidget.

"What's up?" I hummed. Clicking off the TV and turning my head to him. His short brown hair was alittle tangled and his eyes had bags underneath them. To me it looked like he hadn't slept in a few days. I found myself wondering why that was, was he worried about something? Me perhaps. I know he doesn't like Zane, is he still worried about him hurting me?

"Nothing much, how are you feeling?" He questioned. Wheeling himself towards the bed to it was easier for him to see me. His hand found its way on top of mine. I cringed with the fear of Zane thinking I was cheating on him.

"Fine." I informed. Allowing my head to sink down further into the paper pillow. It felt nothing like Zane's shoulder, I wasn't use to having my pillow be this...unsoft.

"Okay lets get to the point, you are not going to be very happy with me I'm sure." He sighed. Pulling his hand from mine and crossing it over his chest in a demanding stance. I didn't like it. "You are going home with me."

"The hell I am!" I snapped. he is not taking me away from Zane no matter what. I may not have allot of fight left, but I do have enough to fight with Matt about this.

"I am not letting you stay with that abusing physco path, you are not safe with him." He growled. Sending daggers out of his eyes to meet mine. I didn't want to do this when he has just gotten back to me, but I will not let hm do this to me now.

"He is not an abuser or a physco. How could you ever say that, you don't even know him." I demanded. "Zane has never hurt me." Lie. "He is perfectly normal." Lie. Zane isn't normal, he is the most amazing person in my life and I love him with all of my heart. I will not let him be ripped from me.

"Ya right. He kidnapped you, Emily. Why do you know realize that he is a bad person? He has hurt you, I know it. I'm not dumb. The doctors had proof." He informed. "X-rays from before your surgery. They showed that you had bruising to your ribs and head trauma. I know what he has done to you, why can't you admit it to me?"

"Because that was such a long time ago. It is nothing now. I forgave him, he hates himself for it and I know for a fact it will never happen again." I hissed. Forcing my arms to cross over my chest.

"The next time I hear about you trying to steal her away from me things are going to get ugly." Zane's voice suddenly demanded. His footsteps loudly entering the room and forcing Matt's wheelchair away from my cot. Not looking at me at all, just making eyes contact with Matt. "I don't want to loose her to the likes of you."

"Zane leave him alone." I begged. Trying to reach for his hand but he yanked it away from my grasp.

"Don't make me have to fight you, Matt. I don't think you would have an advantage in that fight." Zane was definitely picking on Matt for his disabilities. To be honest I didn't like it. I don't think it is fair on Matt's part. Suddenly Matt jammed his wheelchair forward and litterly punched Zane in his area. Zane doubled over and cried out in pain.

"I have the advantage now!" Matt shrieked running over Zane's foot then wheeling out. I had the urge to laugh a bit, but I held it back.

"Zane, Hun are you okay?" I cooed. Dragging him over to me with the back of his shirt. He sat down on the bed, hands still protecting his area. My lips pressed to his arm.

"I really hate him."