Status: I love comments :)

How to Save a Life

Everything ruined

Emily’s Point Of View

Our kiss was interrupted by a loud knock on the front door. Zane pulled away from me and looked worriedly over the bedroom door. Listening for another knock on the door. When it came I felt fear wash over me, what if it was someone here to hurt us?

Zane loosened his grip on my waist and started crawling out of bed. Pushing my hair back and leaning into to whisper into my ear.

“Hide in the bathroom, I don’t know who the heck would be here at midnight.” He demanded starting to get up. Fear filled my heart, but I found myself fallowing him instead of doing what I was told. He glared at me for a moment but still walked up to the door. Carefully looking through the peep hole, it seemed like a sigh of relief washed over him. Since I seen that I felt like it was happening to me as well. He pushed me behind him and opened the door. A couple cops walked in. Confusion washed over me, why were they here?

“Well do you want the good news or the bad news.” The bigger cop asked. Looking around Zane to meet eyes with me. Zane sort of shielded me behind him once more, like he was afraid that they were here to take me away.

“Both.” He demanded.

“Well, we found your step father.” Zane seemed to relax a little bit when he heard that. But the only thing that was lingering in my mind was the bad news that they had as well. “But, we found him in the criminal office. He stole the information on Emily and yourself…Your going to have to relocate again.”

I felt disappointment flood my body. Zane was right when he said that his step father ruined everything. We have a life here now, I don’t want to leave again. This is the first house we have ever had together, for heavens sake I’ve only been here for a couple days and we already have to leave again. To me it seems like the bad luck fallows me. Zane should just leave me, then he could lead a normal life.

“Well it won’t be relocating with the police knowing where we are. Don’t fallow me, you’ll regret it considering he goes after your families. Stay here, leave after an hour, tell the other officers that you found an empty apartment. If they are smart enough to know the truth they will, you cannot tell anyone. You’ll regret it.”

Zane grabbed two pairs of shoes that were sitting by the door then two coats. His arm wrapped around my waist and we starting running out. Ignoring the pleads of the cops to come back with them and get a new hiding spot.

Some part of me wanted to go back with the cops. It felt like they could protect us, but the other part of me knew that Zane was the only one who will ever know how. He’s the only one who can protect us.

“Emily, we need to run. You understand that right?” He questioned. Removing his arm from my waist and grabbing my hand to burst into the elevator. The doors shut oddly quiet and I felt more fear over come me. My heart pounded in my ears. I didn’t answer him, I just leaned over to hug him. “Emily?”

“I’m scared.” I admitted. Burying my nose against his chest. He hugged back, nodding into my hair.

“I am to.”
♠ ♠ ♠
don't you just hat e him? Lol