Status: I love comments :)

How to Save a Life

Zane's Reasons

Emily’s Point of View

He was still ticked. But I couldn’t bring myself to care. I spoke my mind for once. In the entire year I’ve been with him I’ve let him push me around and pick at my brain. I finally snapped. He should be happy it wasn’t sooner, because if I would’ve been stuck in that room when it happened, I would’ve run.

A sigh escaped my chest. My head rested against the cold window. Ready to leave this dumb truck. Lock myself in a room, and sulk. Get things back to normal. Honestly, I couldn’t care less if he was mad at me. If he was going to kill me so be it. Its clear he’s not going to let me go. He’ll kill me sooner then later. I just don’t care anymore.

I tried to tuck my feet underneath myself. But it hurt to much. So I gave up on that idea. Why the heck did I have to get frost bite on both feet and hands? I know that what organ that is furthest from the heart is most likely to get frost bite first. But that was the only thing I knew. Other then that I’m completely unsure.

Well, I guess running away is out of the question. I can’t walk, let alone run. Not to mention, unless I can get this gaze off, I can’t eat on my own. I need Zane’s help. He’s a jerk and a bad person, but he’s the only person I’ve got.

“Emily, your shivering.” He mumbled.

“Don’t talk to me.” I growled. He let a big puff of air out of his chest. Then reached over to me. Grabbing my arm to pull me across the seat. Tucking me underneath his arm. I froze. Unable to even breath. “What-…What are you doing?”

“Just deal with it.” He hissed. “Relax, you are fine.” But I couldn’t. It was like I was always mad at him and he had some magic power to reverse it. What was with him? How did he make me feel this way about him? “I’m sorry, did I hurt you?”

“No, I’m fine.” I whispered. Tucking my face against his shoulder. Allowing myself to close my eyes. Why do I like it when he hugs me? I felt the truck turn. Then slow down. His hand began to stroke my arm softly.

“I really am sorry, Emily.” The truck halted. Coming to a complete stop. “You hungry? I think this place is pretty cheep.” I opened one of my eyes. Finding us in the parking lot of McDonalds. For him to address it as this place, he must not eat here that often. Which is surprising. When I was free I’d eat here at least twice a week. I gave him a funny look then held up my hands. Sort of glaring at him. He chuckled. “We go through the drive through don’t worry. I just wanted to sit here for a few minutes. Come here.”

He pulled me onto his lap. Again I froze. What was his problem? Why was he all about hugging today? Not that I minded it, but what was coming our way. This was the most time we’ve spent ever. Was it messing with my head?

“What are you doing?” I whimpered. I seriously don’t think that this is heading in the right direction. I’m worried.

“Would you just be quiet?” He smirked. Leaning into my forehead. Kissing it. My heart pounded in my ears. Eyes wide with surprise. “Can I admit something to you?”

I nodded. Zane sat back. Making sure I was looking at him when he began talking. I could tell already that this was something that was hard for him to say. He was talking quiet quietly.

“When I was little my Mother use to do the same thing I am doing now. She did it to save me though. I had an abusive Father…well, I guess he was my stepfather. But he was always there. So I counted him as my dad. I was supposed to get more people for him. She wanted me to. That’s why I was getting Matt. When I brought you home my Mother flipped a nut. She knew that I liked you and that if he hurt you I would’ve taken you and I would have left. She killed him- at least that's what she told me-, then went after you. As you know I killed her. After that you were the only one I had left. Those other people there were none of my concern. I was going to let them go. I was going to give you a chance to run. But you took it anyway and looked what happened. I’m not letting that happen again. I can’t let you go, Emily. I can’t loose you. I don’t think you can live without me anymore.” I didn’t like him thinking like that.

“What makes you think that?”

“Oh please. Are you really asking me that? Instead of running to the road when you ran away, you ran into the woods. Who does that? Where were you planning to go. You ran in the direction of the house for Christ sake. I can’t believe you.” He just doesn’t understand me. I guess the way I think is different then other people. I think through things to thoroughly.

“I thought that if I took the road you would run me down with the truck.” I crossed my arms over my chest. Pouting. He basically just called me dumb. That without him I can’t even take a walk in the woods. Why would he tell me all of this?

“I figured you had some reason to do what you did, but that’s not the point I’m trying to get at.” He demanded. “I don’t want you to run again. So don’t.”

“Oh really. Why not?” I challenged.

“Because I might love you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't be a silent reader :) I hope you like it.
Song of the chapter Your Guardian Angel By;red jumpsuit apparatus