Pleasure's All Mine This Time

Chapter 23.

“Golden ring tickets?!” Chloe gasped while rushing after her sister. They pushed through the crowd, making their way closer to the stage.

Luna smiled at Chloe over her shoulder, her grin full of excitement. “Only the best for my sissy and I!” Luna took Chloe’s arm and pulled her closer. “Don’t be drawn back.” She told Chloe over the crowd.

“These shoes are fucking killing me.” Chloe muttered and glanced down at her gothic, platform boots.

The girls soon found their place in the crowd. They had the perfect view, right in front of the stage. “Here, put this on.” Luna pushed something into Chloe’s palm.

“Backstage passes?!” Chloe gasped once again.

Luna nodded vigorously, “They are amazing, you’ll see. I used to sneak out of the house and watch their concerts all the time when they only started.”

“Weren’t you like, 13?” She smirked and Luna grinned guilty in response.

“What mom and dad don’t know, can’t harm them. Besides, nothing’s gonna keep me away from my freedom.” Luna smiled and looked at the stage, hoping for the concert to start already.

Chloe admired her sister’s face. They both had similar facial structure and the same pairs of luscious lips and piercing grey eyes.

She couldn’t help but feel a slight pinch of admiration and jealously towards her sister: Luna was so free, so independent. There was absolutely nothing in this world that could hold Luna down.

The lights went down and the crowd shrieked, Luna and Chloe held their hands out along with everybody else and they all shouted in sync.

“Kamelot! Kamelot!”

Casey Grillo, the drummer, took his place behind the drum set and softly hit the cymbals, providing the audience with perfect rhythm.

The rest of the band’s musicians took their placed on stage and the keyboardist began playing the introduction to a beautiful song.

“There he is!” Luna squealed and pointed to the edge of the stage, where a dark figure was standing.

“Roy Khan!” She said in a low whisper. Her eyes glistened with fondness.

“Goodnight Orange County!” Roy Khan yelled and the crowd cheered. His familiar, Norwegian accent sent a sense of nostalgia through Chloe and made her feel like home.

“This is,” The lead singer groaned into the microphone, “Moonlight" He introduced the song. He was dressed in a ling, dark, trench coat and his presence on stage was strong.

He sang, his voice was incredibly melodic and pierced the hearts of everyone present.

“Moonlight, falling over me.

Sail on where the shadows hide.

Moonlight, crawling down on me.

Just like you could not compete with my pride.”


Chloe and Luna squealed, the performance was perfect. There was nothing which exceeded the sensation of watching amazing artists perform live, putting their soul into their art.

Khan’s voice simply swept Chloe off of her feet. It was deep and gave the lyrics new, deep meanings that each person in the building could relate to.

Gaia shivers,” Roy’s voice went through the roof. “And I need your leading light.

Luna was freaking out.She jumped and hopped, singing her heart out.

That night Chloe discovered a new side to her sister. She had finally realized why she had been acting so scornfully towards Luna.

She felt envious of Luna’s liberty. Unlike Chloe’s, Luna was impulsive and decisive. She never walked on the safe side, a constant risk taker.

Luna wasn’t bothered by the Laursen’s values and their never-ending money nor did Luna care about what her parent’s would think. She was a natural rebel, she had her own life in her hands.

Merely the sound of your voice, made me believe that,” Khan sang the introduction to a new song.”That you were her.

“Fuck me.” Luna’s jaw dropped and the crowd shouted uncontrollably.

“Give it up for Simone Simmons from Epica!” Khan shouted into the microphone.

The amazingly beautiful and graceful Simone Simmons glided across the stage and stoodt next to Khan. She joined him in the chorus, her voice angelic and pure.

“Somewhere in time I will find you and haunt you again,

Like the wind sweeps the earth!

Somewhere in time when no virtues are left to defend.

You've fallen deep.”


They sang together, their voices merged in a way that was almost superhuman.

“I was a liar in every debate,

I rule the forces that fueled your hate.”


Chloe and Luna cheered on together, having the most fun they’ve had in a long while together.

I corrupted from within” the performance echoed against the hall’s walls.

Surprisingly, the song reflected the exact feelings Chloe had towards Brian and it scared her. She had been so indecisive all her life, afraid of being hurt.

Sometimes she just wished to throw everything away and return to what’s familiar and safe.

“Leave leave me for now and forever,

Leave while you can.”


The world was telling her to run for her life.

"Follow me into the light."

"Like ice on a lake of tears ,I'll take you through.
” Simone’s voice made Chloe’s breath freeze in her throat.

Or leave me tonight, I've gone too far to begin all anew.” Roy sang to her.

The performance ended with a mesmerizing blast of fireworks and then all went black.

“C’mon, quick!” Luna grabbed Chloe by the arm and led her to the emergency exit. “And put you pass on, for fuck’s sake!”

They girls showed the guard their passes and he lead them backstage.

“Royyyy!!!” Luna squealed and sprinted towards him, wrapping herself tightly around him.

“Luna!” He laughed and hugged her back, “How’s my number one fan doing?” He asked in Norwegian.

“It was amazing!!!” Luna laughed and rushed to greet the other band members.

“That’s my sister, Kaja.” Luna introduced Chloe.

“I think she cried during " The Haunting " Luna whispered to Roy.

Chloe grinned, that night definitely brought the sister much closer together and healed all the wounds in their relationship.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really hope you enjoyed this chapter and that it cleared up a few issues!

And seriosuly, check Kamelot out, they're the best band you'll ever hear.

Moonlight
The Haunting