Status: I'm focusing on this one for now :D

Disgrace

I know

I choked on the now silent air as my mouth fell open. Not a pretty sight.

“What?” I gasped and she nodded sadly.

“What? What happened?” I sat down slowly, as I stared up at her.

She shrugged. “You have to ask Ace. Came home with news that his parents died and went to his room to finish his work. The wedding, came and he got married to you. He’s not better, Scarlet, he wallows in his own work. Work this work that. He became like that ever since their death.” She explained and I nodded dumbly.

“Why didn’t he tell me?” I was upset beyond relief. He married me instead of going to the funeral. Did he go to the funeral?

“You have to ask him when he gets back.” She said sadly and walked out the library.

I growled and stomped passed her and to the front door. I waited, just..waited. I stood there in the front yard playing with the flowers and the water fountain until the sun was about to set.

His car pulled up slowly and I started jumping happily. He can’t know I know. As he came out, he gave me the scared look. I rolled my eyes and told him to hurry up.

As he walked towards me slowly, I ran up to him and embraced his tall frame. He froze and I pulled away slightly.

“Can I ask you something?” I stared up at him as he looked down on me. “What?” He said slowly, his voice deep and upset.

“When was the last time you hugged someone?” I asked and he froze even more. “Thought so.” I said smartly and hugged him, my face buried in his chest and my arms around his waist.

He relaxed and hugged me back. I smiled as his face rested on the top of my head. “Don’t you feel better?” I teased and was about to let go, until his grip tightened around me. I smiled as we kept hugging.

“My parents-” He started and I stopped him.

“I know.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Schools starting next week :/