Status: I'm focusing on this one for now :D

Disgrace

1st Day

Image

I groaned silently as someone shook me awake.

“Sweetie, Wake up.” A woman’s voice whispered and I slowly opened my eyes to see a middle aged woman smiling softly.

“Good. Get dressed and meet me down in the kitchen.” She smiled softly and left. Sighing, I heaved my self off the bed and into the bathroom. Doing my morning routine, I noticed how tired and defeated I looked.

This is how a forced marriage feels like. I walked out the bathroom and entered my walk in closet. Okay, Scarlet! What do you wear on your first day of being a wife?

I sighed and pulled out a pair of black jeans and a white tan top. Hey, He doesn’t want me, so why should I try and impress him?

I walked down the brightly lit hallway and followed the carpets trail. I ended up on the top step of the staircase. I slowly walked down the stair case and entered the kitchen.

“Oh hello! That was quick!” The same woman from upstairs grinned at me and I smiled shyly.

“I’m Carla!” She shook my hand and quickly sat me down on the chairs surrounding the island in the middle of the huge kitchen.

“Ace has gone out to work already, he will be back by 6.” She explained as she set some food down on my plate.

“6? So, why is dinner served at 9?” I asked quietly and she giggled.

“When Ace comes home he goes straight to his study and comes after he’s done with the days work. Then at 9 he eats, changes, and then sleeps. If he doesn’t finish his work by 9, he’ll stay up as long as the work his done.” She explained and I nodded.

Damn, he’s a hard worker.

“Do you know how he felt when he was told he was to marry me?” I asked softly and she froze.

“I have no idea how he felt. I’ve been taking care of that boy for years and he’s such a lovely dear.I’m the only one he trusts with his secrets and concerns. But, he said nothing about the marriage.” She sighed.

I nodded. I slowly ate the eggs and bacon as Carla babbled on and on about how amazing the whole house is and how much I’ll love it here.

Most of the time, I walked around the garden and the rest, I stayed in my room reading.

Once I heard the door close loudly, I entered at the top step as Ace ran up the stairs with a briefcase at his side and an expensive looking suite on.

Not looking where he was going, he tripped at the steps and came falling on top of me.

I groaned and tried to push off the heavy thing that was crushing my whole body.

I felt him mumbled something, and his whole body vibrated. I blushed deeply as I stared up at his tan face. He stared back at me with hate and anger.

I gave him my blank look like I always did when my Mom yelled at me.

“Can’t you watch where your going?” He grumbled as he got off me. I stayed on the floor as he brushed off the invisible dirt off his suite.

“I was just standing here! You were all running on the stairs!” I blurted out and covered my mouth.

He looked at me with a raised brow. “Incredible. You talk.”

I positioned my self into a sitting position and stared up at his tall frame. “I’ve been talking for a very long time.” I snapped and he smirked.

“I’m not so sure about that.”

“Why not?”

He didnt respond, he only stared at me. Looking away, I glared at the floor. I then got up and rubbed my back.

“Thank you for helping me up.” I snapped and he chuckled deeply.

“Your welcome.”

I glared up at him and he smirked back at me.

“Ace,Leave the poor girl alone. She is your wife you know.” Carla walked up to us and patted my head.

His eyes darkened at the word “Wife.” “She isn’t my wife.” He snapped. My eyes watered.

“Then what is she?”

“A child I’m stuck with for the next two years.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh. This sucks, but I am gonna concentrate on this story more!
Do you like this one?
Is it good?