Status: Active.

City Traffic Puzzle

Day 6.

Alex had spent a good hour of the previous evening begging to stay the night with Allegra, even if he had to sleep in the kitchen cupboards, but all he got from his argument was a violet bruse across his cheekbone and an anxious night alone under hotel sheets.

Too exhausted to emerge for the complimentary breakfast, he stayed huddled on the pillows, noting that the room service had changed his sheets.

It was slightly surreal, to be honest. The way these people just went about their jobs, bringing him coffee and changing his sheets in exchange for the money he paid. The way they had no clue what was actually going on.

The next time Alex was permitted to see Allegra was tomorrow, and even though this was soon it was never soon enough. He bit his lip in frustration, trying to stop myself from crying and making a mess of an almost calm mental state. Alex didn't want to see her when he had permission, he wanted to see her every moment of every day, whenever he wanted to. And when he had this, he wouldn't even need to see her all the time, he could go out and see friends,he could watch movies, hell, he could play shows and make music again.

Alex would just be a regular dad, nothing more and nothing less. But he'd know she was safe.

Alex felt bad for not missing the others back home, but he reasoned with himself that he was too anxious about Allegra to understand how suddenly he had left them. At the same time, he had grown numb to the idea of being a part of their lives, especially after the tape he had been shown by Mr. Clifton.

Once Jack had received the false news of my death, Alex was certain he'd pass it on to Rian and Zack within a day, and as much as the idea that they'd think he was gone forever did upset him, Alex felt mostly relief that they didn't think he'd just abandoned them.

Maybe when he finally returned, they'd be too happy to see that he was alive to be angry.

One year.

One fucking year until Alex Gaskarth'll be back at the airport and on a plane back home with a certain little blonde girl sat beside him chewing on crayons.

He could last this out.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back. That's right, back from my slight writing hiatus/holiday.

Hello.

Comments are appreciated.