Status: ACTIVE - updated every Wednesday :)

Stories Yet To Unfold

Flying Truths

Jeff paced the hotel’s shitty, carpeted floor multiple times before words tried to escape lips. Instead of words, a deep sigh came out of his mouth as he shook his head and continued pacing. Each of us gave one another nervous looks of fear; worried that Jeff would kill all of us. Matt was sitting right next to me, making sure that the boys were far away from me.

“What in hell’s name were you guys thinking about, honestly?” Jeff began as he rubbed his head once again. “I know you guys like to drink and have fun like a bunch of idiots, but why would you bring Melissa on this? Why would you let them take you, Melissa?!”

“I don’t kn-” I tried to say.

“It was rhetorical!” he spat at me. “I’ve given you all so much rope as your guardian for this trip. Matthew and I have been so fucking good to you, and you guys repay us by messing around with alcohol?”

“I’m sorry, man. We were just having fun,” Jack giggled drunkenly. He was obviously in need of some sleep and pain killers.

Jeff tensed up with frustration as he continued on. “This is your last straw; you guys have no more chances. If something even minorly bad happens, I’m calling all of your parents and we’re cutting the tour short and you’re all going home.”

“What?! You can’t do that, we’ve worked so hard for this, Jeff!” Rian yelled as he stood up for emphasis. The look in his eyes were hurt, and I almost felt bad that I didn’t listen to him in the beginning of all this.

“Then I guess you all will have to work really hard to stay out of trouble, now aren’t you?” Jeff smirked, pleased with the way he was handling the situation.

“Now, go to bed. We have to get up early tomorrow anyway. We’ll talk more about this in the morning,” Matt finished for him as the boys went into their room to finally sleep.

Jeff gave me a disappointed look before saying one last thing to me. “You aren’t allowed alone with them again until you prove yourself trustworthy enough. Matt or I always have to be with you. I’m really disappointed in you, I thought you were better than that.”

“I’m sorry, mom,” I said on instinct, scared that Jeff would hit or kick me. My mind raced back to the multiple nights where my mother would get too high and begin to punch me repeatedly. My bruises instantly began to hurt as I began crying from the fear I still remember so well.

“Mom?” Jeff questioned before getting tissues to wipe my tears.

Matt was in a scared rush to help me in any way he could. He instantly sat down next to me and brought me close to him. I leaned into him as I spoke. “I’m so sorry, Jeff. I shouldn’t have been so stupid; I’m so, so sorry. Please don’t hit me, please. I’ll do anything, I’m so sorry.”

I looked up at him with pleading eyes and he put his hand on my hair. He kissed the top of my head and I swore a tear fell from his eye as he hugged me tightly. “Melissa, I’ll never hit you. I’m mad and disappointed, but I’ll never hurt you, ever. I love you, I love you. “

My hands wrapped around his waist and squeezed him tightly. We stayed in that awkward three-way hug position for a few minutes before Jeff tucked me into bed and kissed me on the forehead. He began making his way to the bed next to me as I said one last thing. “Jeff? I love you, too.”

I swear I heard a small chuckle as I cuddled the blanket next to me and tried to sleep. A giant ache in my head ran through me as I began thinking about what I just did. In that moment I swore that I’d never drink again, I wouldn’t become my sad excuse for a mother – never.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! So, this was a lot deeper than I thought I would make it, but as I began writing; I realized this is what really needed to come out in this chapter. I hope you know that Jeff is still really mad at Melissa, he just also feels sympathetic because of what she told him.

I also made a new layout :D do you guys like it? Or should I try again and make another new one?

Please continue to comment and subscribe to the story, it means so much to me :D. Huge thanks to all who have already <3.