Status: Active

If It Means a Lot to You

My Life For Hire

“All right, guys. So I’d like to dedicate this song to my girl. She’ll know what I’m telling her with this song,” Jeremy told the crowd, looking over at me.

“What’s he talking about?” Rachel wondered. I shrugged, just as confused as she is. The guys started to play My Life For Hire.

“That’s what he’s saying,” I muttered.

Somebody give me a sign
That everything’s going as planned
And then everything falls away
Into the darkness of this shallow place
The detail is striking
The room’s cold and frightening
You kick and you scream
You try everything to survive
But you should know your fate by now

They told me how I should be
But I broke the mold somehow

It’s too late, too late, you keep trying to resolve the past right now
But I swear I’ll be the one
To let the world know what you’ve done
To me


Jeremy looked over at me as he ran to Neil’s side of the stage, the side closest to us. He flashed me an encouraging smile. I weakly returned it.

You, you know you gotta assert yourself, leave what you need for now
It’s not the time or place you’re searching for
All I can give is my worst of intentions
You’re nothing to me and everyone can see
That your life’s a lie
There’s no where left to hide

They told me how I should be
But I broke the mold somehow

It’s too late, too late, you keep trying to resolve the past right now
But I swear I’ll be the one
To let the world know what you’ve done (To me)

It’s too late, too late, you keep trying to resolve the past right now
But I swear I’ll be the one
To let the world know what you’ve done (To me)

Watch your back
You’ll lose yourself
This is a battleground


The guys started head banging in unison, moving in time with the music. Rachel and I were head banging ourselves; I was wishing I was out in the crowd right now.

When will they know
Your life’s a lie

It’s too late, too late you keep trying to resolve the past right now
But I swear I’ll be the one
To let the world know what you’ve done (Somebody give me a sign)

It’s too late, too late, you keep trying to resolve the past right now (That everything’s going as planned)
But I swear I’ll be the one (And then everything falls away)
To let the world know what you’ve done

They told me how I should be
But I broke the mold somehow


The crowd cheered when the song came to end. Rachel nudged me, having caught on to what Jeremy was telling me. I flashed her a smile. I cheered along with the rest of the crowd.

***
Rachel’s POV:
“This is ridiculous,” I growled as I grabbed Rose’s phone. I opened it dialed her brother’s number. “Why the fuck would you call Rose and talk to her like that?!” I yelled the moment he answered the phone.

She deserved it! She was being an ungrateful little bitch!

He was yelling back immediately.

“What kind of brother you?”

The kind that appreciates his mother!

“Well good for you. But you know very well how Rose feels about your guys’ mom so why would you try to guilt her?”

Because she should pay respect to our mom!

“She’s going to go all right. But she is not going to pay respect. She’s going to go because she knows it’s the right thing to do and she’ll be there with people who actually care about her.” I snapped the phone shut, throwing it onto the couch of the back lounge.

“Someone’s feisty,” I heard Neil comment.

“Yeah well when you mess with my best friend, you get the bitch,” I grumbled, crossing my arms. He wrapped his arms from behind me, resting his chin on my shoulder.

“Is she really going?” he asked. I nodded. “That’s a surprise.”

“Why’s that?”

“Jeremy told us what she said when she talked to her brother. He seemed like he was stressing out so the guys and I asked him what was bugging him and he told us.”

“Yeah, well, she’s going just to go. She’s not giving a eulogy or anything.” I turned my head to the side so I could look at him out of the corner of my eye. “I want all of us to go with her,” I quietly told him. He raised an eyebrow in surprise. “She’s going to need a lot more support than just Jeremy. Trust me. He won’t be enough to help her especially if she’s going to be facing her family.” There was a moment of silence. “Neil?”

“When is it?” he eventually asked.

“In a few days. I already checked. It falls on the first day of your guys’ three day break. Your last vacation before doing the last two weeks of the tour,” I answered.

“All right. Is Rose gonna fight with anyone?”

“Probably. More of a chance of you guys fighting someone because of what they say to her or about her.” A frown found its way onto Neil’s lips.

“They’re that bad?”

“Unfortunately.” I sighed as I turned around and wrapped my arms around his neck.

“You need to relax, Rach,” he murmured, running his hands up and down my sides. He pressed his lips against mine softly. I sighed again.

“I know.” He kissed me again, this time deeper.

“The things you do to me,” I whispered with a smile.

“Well I do love you.” My eyes widened and I looked at him. He smiled down at me.

“What?”

“I love you, Rachel,” he repeated confidently.

“I love you too, Neil.” Neil grinned before kissing me again.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry for the long wait. School started and with it being junior year, I was kinda busy. So here's two updates for you guys!