Pride

You're Shaking

I stare oddly at the mess of a boy sitting before me. His cheeks match that of a lobster’s. He’s biting at his trembling bottom lip, like he always does when nervous. Sighing I shake my head and go back to playing WoW, completely ignoring Kai’s previous question. It was such a dumb question, really.

“Shiloh!” Kai cries. “Don’t ignore m-me.”

“I’m not ignoring you,” I grunt. Can’t he see that I’m questing? I’m trying to reach level 85 here. It’s obviously much more important than his fucking retarded ass question. Sometimes I really question our school because there is no way Kai is considered the smartest person in our grade. He’s fucking dumb. “Can’t you see I’m busy?”

“You’re questing.”

“I am and that is honestly way more important than answering. I don’t even understand why you asked. Don’t we always go out on the weekends? Just because we’re ’dating’ or whatever doesn’t change anything so stop acting like such a little bitch.”

Kai pouts. “You’re a dick.”

“And you’re a dumb ass. Glad we’ve come to these conclusions.”

I smirk and throw a glance over my shoulder at Kai. He’s still pouting cutely but when he sees the smile I am now sporting he sighs in relief. I guess he was just asking because he’s nervous. If I were in his position I’d probably be the same, well maybe less idiot-like but close enough to being the same. I should stop teasing…but it’s just so damn fun!

“What do you plan on doing this weekend then?” I ask, kicking major ass at PVP because I’m just that amazing. Be jealous.

“Um…I w-was thinking we could go out t-to eat…I’ll pay. Oh! And maybe we could g-go to the arcade or something. Whatever else you want to do is fine with me.”

“Yeah, whatever. Sounds like a plan.”

Kai smiles from ear to ear and while I’m in the middle of playing, grabs me from behind. I yelp, in a manly manner because nothing I do is every girly, and nearly topple out of my chair if it weren’t for the fact that Kai was steadying us. He smothers me with kisses and squeezes me tight.

“So it’s a d-date…right?” His eyes are big and wide, resembling a puppy’s. I scowl.

“It’s not a date.”

“It is.”

I roll my eyes and shove him away. He stumbles momentarily but catches himself. Smiling, he listens to me grumble, “Don’t say it out loud. It’s embarrassing.”

“You’re so cute Shiloh.” Kai places another kiss to my cheek and whispers against it. “I love you.”

My cheeks burn. How can he say that so easily? I always thought Kai would be the type to wait to say something like that yet he has no trouble at all telling me everyday, every chance he gets. I love hate it. It’s fucking embarrassing and really, I don’t need to hear it. I’m not a girl. I don’t need any type of reassurance or whatever the hell you want to call it.

~

“You’re shaking.”

“A-Am I? I d-didn’t notice.”

“Uh huh.” I shake my head at Kai. Isn’t he overreacting? This is the same as any other time we’ve gone out. What makes this time so different? I think Kai might have too much estrogen in his system. He should probably get that checked out.

The car ride is pretty short and we arrive at Hibachi’s in no time. After getting out of the car Kai rushes to my side and brushes his hand with mine. I give him a look that clearly states we are not holding hands in public. I think that made him a bit depressed but whatever, he should know better.

Inside we get a table with a few other people there. Kai is, once again, having a hard time deciding on what he wants. He looks at me for help. I don’t see why I have to help him pick out his food. Why doesn’t he just get what he likes best? His indecisive nature is so annoying sometimes. I’m not his baby sitter.

“You’re too indecisive,” I point out, pressing my finger roughly into his side. He squeaks, getting a few people around us to laugh.

Flushing, Kai mumbles, “S-Sorry. I can’t h-help it.”

“I can’t believe you actually chose a college. I never thought you’d be able to.” And it feels like I was suddenly hit with a ton of bricks. College. How did I even forget about that? Kai is going to college at the end of the year. He’ll be moving, obviously. There’s no way he can commute. He’s going to be 12 hours away.

Kai must have realized this problem too because he bites his lip. “S-Shiloh…”

“Hey, what do you say about seeing a movie after this instead? Then if it isn’t too late we’ll go to the arcade after that.” I change the subject and pray that Kai doesn’t say anything about it. For some reason, the subject is sour to me. I don’t even want to think about it. Because I don’t want to think about Kai leaving.

Kai frowns, I know he wants to say something more about the topic but doesn’t. Instead he sighs and agrees to my suggestion. Our food gets here and we watch the cook make it. Hibachi’s is awesome, let me tell you! Maybe I should work here as a cook? If I could make this shit at home that’d be sweet!

“I should work here.”

Kai chuckles. “I highly doubt you could.”

“You saying I can’t cook?” I glare at him from the corner of my eye.

“No.” He shakes his head. “I j-just don’t think t-they’d hire you as a cook.”

“Yeah, whatever, you just don’t think I can cook. Well fuck you, buddy.” I scowl and cross my arms angrily. It’s funny the way Kai panics afterwards, continuously telling me that I’m an amazing cook and I could totally work at Hibachi’s. It’s cute funny so I act mad for the rest of dinner until we walk out to my car and get in.

Kai is sadly frowning in the passenger seat until I lean over. Kai stares dumbly at me when I grab his chin and force him to look at me. My lips meet his and I feel him smile into the kiss, which is short and sweet. He’s relieved after I pull away.

“You were just m-messing with me, w-weren’t you?”

“Of course. You overreact about everything. It’s fucking hilarious!” I laugh, backing out of the parking lot and heading for the movie theatre. By the pout on Kai’s lips he doesn’t seem very happy about my teasing but it slowly turns into a smile.

He sighs, shakes his head and reaches over for my hand. He takes it off the wheel, brings it to his lap and intertwines his fingers with my own. Kai seems thrilled with feeling my grip tighten around his hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this was supposed to be chapter 29 but somehow I got the chapter after it o.O
idek how I messed that one up!
But anyways it was just a date chapter so I figured it'd be fine just to add it in here so...yeah sorry about that

Comment&Subscribe?