Status: The Eastern Conference Finals 2010-2011 Are Ready To Go

Only The Strongest Will Survive

Irrational Decision

Image


“What the fuck are you doing here!?” I yelled turning around and glaring down Jake Ramos, as he stood not far from me and smirking.
“Well, I kind of live here, don’t I?”
“In a fucking hotel?” I snapped at him, walking closer to him but Marchand reached out and grabbed my arm, restraining me from getting too close.
“Why so bitter hun?” Jake asked, pushing away from the wall and approaching the two of us. “Haven’t heard you use such heat in your words in awhile.”

I started to shake a little. This guy took the creeper scale and blew it to pieces cause he exceeded far beyond ten!
“Why am I bitter? I have plently of reasons to be bitter! You’re a snake; a lying, creeping, slithering snake just looking around trying to find some new place to just curl up and use to your advantage before moving on. You need to be locked away and I wish I could throw you in a cell here and now cause that way I wont have to be surprised by your presence ever again. I would always know where you were.”
“Why so determined now?” Jake asked. “You never used to be. You just let everyone stomp all over you then whine about it which made you the easiest target.”

I didn’t think before I ripped myself out of Marchand’s hold and threw a punch at Jake with all the force I had when punching Carter at last night’s game. Jake saw it coming though and grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards him, anger in his eyes. I glared back at him despite the old fears bubbling up within me.
“Try to hit me again. Go ahead, try.” Before I could spit in his face, a fist came out from the other side of my face and collided with Jake’s causing him to break his hold on me and I backed away as far as I could, seeing Marchand standing there with fire in his eyes.

“Don’t…ever…lay a hand on her…again. You hear me? If I ever catch you near her or any of my friends from here on out I will not hesitate to do hit you even worse.” I started to feel tears prick my eyes at Marchand’s actions. I seriously couldn’t ask for a better friend and my heart was being pulled in so many directions for how much I cared about him…but how horrible I felt having to have hurt him without realizing it.

I loved Brad. But not in that way and no matter what was happening he was always there despite that.

I then began to feel scared for Jake was still out there and still as creepy as ever and I had no idea how dangerous he was now. But my own personal welfare wasn’t what was making me scared, it was the fact that I was now pregnant and my insane, crazy ex was still at large. What could he do to my kid!?
“You’ll regret punching me you scrawny asshole!” Jake retaliated, going after him but before he could land a punch on him, I jumped in between them in hopes to stop the punch. I don’t know what had come over me but I didn’t want to see Marchand to get hit.

The punch however ended up hitting me right above the eye and I stumbled back, cringing in agony from it. I felt arms grabbing me and pulled me into someone as I heard Brad growling.
“Get out of here. Just leave before I call the rest of the team! Leave, leave, leave!

*Marchand’s POV*

Marchand glared at the retreating form of Jake Ramos as Roxy began to ball her eyes out, gripping him in a tight hold. He wrapped his arms are her protectively and very daringly rested his head against hers. He couldn’t even comprehend the fear she had to be feeling at that point.

Today was just not her day.

But…for once Brad Marchand found himself finally being where he always wanted to be, comforting Roxy in more then just a brother and being there when no one else was. He gripped the sobbing Roxanne closer to him before a little voice inside of his head told him to back off. Don’t you idiot, don’t let this get to your fucking head! Snap out of it you moron, you have to let her go. Call Rask and hand her off to him. You did your part, now it’s time to hand her off.

Reluctantly, Marchand slowly pulled out his phone and texted Rask. He had finally settled down in his head that he no longer could chase after Roxanne, he would just be chasing a shadow. He didn’t need to fall back when he was now on the mend and he knew if he continued to comfort Roxy he would just be playing with fire.

It was best be done by the Rask.

“Why am I still afraid Brad? Why do I still shake in fear whenever he’s near me!? I don’t want to! I want him gone! Especially now I’m going to be having a baby!” Marchand was about to squeeze her tighter but decided against it, taking his head away from hers and loosening his grip.
“You have a right to be. But believe me, you’re not the only one who wants him gone and out of here. We’ll find a way to lock him up. Count on it.”
“I know…but…where do I start!?”
“It’ll unfold Roxy. Just like how it unfolded for Erika.”

“What’s happened!?”

Marchand jumped out of his skin at the cry, recognizing Rask’s voice and turning to see the goalie running over extremely alarmed.
“Ramos.” Marchand spat out.
“You’re joking.” Rask spat back. “That asshole seriously thought he could approach her again?” Marchand nodded, still having a hold on Roxy who stopped sobbing and looked up to see Rask standing there.
“Tuuk…? How did…?”
“Doesn’t matter Roxy, are you okay? What the fuck happened to your eye!?” Roxy let go of Marchand, his arms slowly letting go of her warm body reluctantly. She touched her swollen, red eye and sniffed, shrugging.

“Jake punched me. Nothing new.”
“Punched you!? Punched you?” He then whirled on Marchand. “And you let that happened!? You let that asshole punch her!?” Marchand felt anger burning in his gut. The man would blame him!
“You think I wouldn’t have stopped it if I could have!? I’m just as infuriated as you are!”
“You think you could have stopped him before he punched her!?”

Roxanne suddenly snapped, cutting her hands through the air.
“Oh my god you two, STOP!” Both Marchand and Rask quit their arguing and looked at the red eyed, teary, distressed, and pissed off Roxy. “Seriously! This isn’t something to be pissed off at each other for! If this is all about fighting over me then you are both ridiculous! You’re friends! Teammates! Honestly!” Marchand just blinked, not able to say anything as he turned to look at Rask who looked over at him, silent as well. “Want me to insult you two further!? I can start saying you’re sticking the fucking Twilight series to shame! AND THAT’S A LOW BLOW!”

“Ouch Roxy, my soul.” Marchand said, placing a hand on his heart. “You really got me there.” She whirled at him, pointing him down.
“Don’t be a smartass Bradina!”
“Roxy, calm down-”
“No! I won’t calm down!” She yelled at Rask. “Not until you two get over yourselves! The reason I got punched was because I was trying to stop Jake from punching Brad! There was no way for him to have stopped it!” Roxy then began to storm towards the hotel, turning around and pointing at the two of them. “I don’t want to see either of you unless you’re not bitter and fighting with each other anymore!”

The goalie and the forward stood there, watching as the tired, cranky, pissed off, hormonal, redhead forward stormed away to leave them in their awkward silence.
“If she’s going to continue to be like this for nine more months, I don’t know if I’m going to live to see my kid.” Rask finally broke the silence.
“Oh, you will cause I will make sure you do! No way are you leaving Roxanne alone with a kid!” Marchand snapped and Rask glared at him.
“You think I would leave her now? Asshole…”
“I’m an asshole? You’re the asshole!”
“How am I the asshole!?”
“Cause you’re just an asshole!”
“You’re making no fucking sense asshole!”

“Well aren’t we just a bundle of love?”

Marchand and Rask quit glaring at each other before turning and looking to see Mark Recchi coming and casually slung an arm around the fuming Marchand before pulling a choke hold on the forward, making him gag in surprise. Before Tuukka could respond, he got a rough hold on the collar of his shirt and notice Tim Thomas dragging him along by his shirt towards some unknown destination.
“Alright you two, it’s time for us to step in and set you guys straight.” Thomas stated, being relentless with his dragging, Recchi acting like he didn’t have his arm enclosing around the neck of a struggling Marchand.

“Fucking a, Roxanne called in the big guns didn’t she…” Marchand muttered.
“You bet she did, NOW INTO THE BAR YOU TWO!” Recchi said and both he and Thomas threw the two of them into a bar, following in after them. Marchand and Rask looked at each other and sighed.

They were about to get an earful.

*****

“This certainly has been turning into a interesting series, hasn’t it?”
“You betcha, especially after game 1 with the show down with Trovato and Semin. And Harper seems to not really care for Trovato.”
“Funny really, if you think about it. Harper, McGregor, and Trovato are the only women playing in a male dominate sport. You would think they would band together but instead they seem to hate one another!”
“Well Harper and McGregor no longer enemies! We saw that with McGregor’s crash of the trial and helped prove Harper’s innocence!”
“True that! But still…when will they allow Trovato into their mix?”
“No clue!”


I let out a heavy sigh. I was lying on my back with my head hanging off the bed and watching Game 2 of the Tampa Bay vs Washington series hoping to catch up on how Erika was doing. And to see how Anna was faring against Erika. I watched replays of what seemed to be a big face-to-face bitch fest between Anna, Erika, and Semin but by the end of it, Anna had a hurt face on that I was all too familiar with. I used to have the same one present before during games that I dreaded for that very reason.

The NHL was hard, and it just seemed like Anna was having a hard time with it and I didn’t know what to think about it. My phone began to ring again and I picked up, wondering who it was this time.
“Hello?”
“HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOO YOUUU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOO YOUUU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR ROXY!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOO YOUUU now get your ass downstairs so we can give you a cake.” I started to chuckle at the sound of Boychuk’s voice echoing through my phone along with what felt like my entire team in the background.
“You guys could have come crashing up here.”
“No, cause we have everyone fitted into the hotel’s restaurant so get down here!”
“Okay! Okay! I’m coming!” I hung up the phone and shut off the TV, rolling off the bed and quickly getting dressed to look presentable to society.

Quickly descending the stairs, I made my way towards where everyone was said to be, entering the restaurant and slapping a hand to my face in embarrassment for my whole team was at the far end of the restaurant, some in party hats, and cheering on my arrival.
“SHE FINALLY MADE IT!”
“FINALLY I CAN EAT THIS GOD DAMN CAKE!” I started laughing as I approached the table, the previous events with Jake fading into a distant memory. I looked around to see four people not present.
“They are still not back?” I asked.
“Nope.” Krejci responded.
“Ridiculous.” I responded, before sitting down and being bombarded.

“Roxy, what happened to your eye!?” McQuaid piped up.
“Long story.” I responded.
“So Roxanne! Congratulations on ending your life.” I looked up at Campbell.
“What do you mean Greg?”
“You seriously pregnant? If you are, Coach is going to kill you.” Ference said.
“And Rask.” Paille added in.
“Great, we’re going to lose two of our players due to Coach’s rage.”
“Don’t forget Captain’s.” Chara cut in and I just sighed, rolling my eyes.
“Yes people! I am pregnant with Tuuk’s kid but I still will be playing till these Playoffs are over!”

“EXCUSE ME!?”

Everyone jumped at the table and looked over to see Coach Julien with a beer in his hand and staring at our party table in shock. “What did you just say McGregor!?” I looked from Coach back to the table before speaking.
“He doesn’t know yet, huh?”
“Nope.” The whole table responded before Boychuk answered Coach.
“Coach, this redhead over here and your back up goalie from Finland are going to have a baby come January.”

“MCGREGOR!” Coach roared and I quickly got out the chair.
“Thanks for this guys, but I really must be going!”
“GET BACK HERE!”
“Aww, c’mon Coach, let her enjoy a birthday dinner in peace! She found our she was pregnant today and had to tell Tuukka and then had to deal with bickering friends, I think she doesn’t need an enraged Coach on top of it!” Krejci reasoned. Coach just huffed.
“Fine. But I will be having a long ass talk with you later!” I gave Coach a timid smile.
“Looking forward to it…”
“HEY! ROXY! CATCH!” I jerked my attention to Lucic who threw me a haphazardly wrapped gift, catching it.
“Awww, for me?” I asked.
“For you!” I quickly ripped the paper off of it, staring at the box.

“You bought me chocolate Milan!? Thank you-” I looked at what they were and the piece of paper attached to it. They were liqueur filled chocolates with a “don’t eat until well after January” note attached to it. I dropped the box into my lap in anger and glared down the bulky forward. “You are an asshole.” The rest of the team looked at the box and began to start roaring with laughter and passing it around as Lucic just laughed hysterically. When Krejci looked at the box he quickly smacked his bro in the head.

Coach was off to the side, arms crossed with a stoic expression as if trying to figure out what the hell he was going to do now to one of his own players. I returned back to the table, opening my mouth to tell off Lucic when a loud CRASH caused all of us to turn around to see a drunk Marchand stumbling over an unused chair and bursting into hysterics while an equally drunk Tuukka was trying to hold him up, laughing as hard as Marchand was. Timmy and Recchi casually eased by them to join our table, acting like they didn’t just walk in with two drunken idiots.

“Happy Birthday Roxy.” Recchi said, ruffling my hair. “Me and Thomas here have given you a gift.” I turned to look at the drunken idiots, one I cease to call a friend and the other that for this moment only I will deny that he is my boyfriend and father of my baby.
“You gave me my friends back…drunk. How thoughtful of you two.”
“Ah, they may be drunk but that is due to us yelling at them till they felt so shitty they drank until they started to forget that they were angry at each other and we were yelling at them and started to laugh and joke and hug each other like best friends again.” Timmy explained, putting a hand on my shoulder. “So for your birthday we gave you a mended friendship that won’t drive you insane.”

“Uh, Timmy? You might want to rephrase that last part.” I said, looking over his shoulder as the two of them started tumbling towards me. “They’re still going to drive me insane!” I then got into a choke hold hug from Marchand who was squeezing me to the point where I felt the air leaving.
“Haven’t told it yet today but happy birthdaaay best frieeeend.” He slurred and I just patted him on the back.
“Thanks Marchand, I really look forward to taking care of you on my birthday. Not.” Marchand let me go and stumbled back.
“You won’t need to! I’ll be completely fine! Honest- WHOA!”

Marchand tumbled back and landed into an empty chair, waving his arms around and Recchi held out his hand and stopped Marchand from tumbling onto the ground, the forward giggling stupidly while Coach was face palming and the table was just shaking their heads. I then suddenly got someone encircling their arms around me and squeezing me tight.
“ACK, what the hell, you too Tuukka?” I said, looking over as my drunk boyfriend buried his face into my neck.
“He’s probably going to say something sickening sweet.” Ference stated. “I’m out.”

“Did I tell you that you look beautiful today?” Tuukka whispered, slightly slurred.
“No.” I said, smiling.
“Well you are. Hyvää syntymäpäivää kultaseni. I’m excited too…excited for our kid.” I bit my lip, trying not to leak tears as he squeezed me again.
“I am too…and why do you keep squeezing me in the stomach like that!”

“Because it’s the first time I’m not just hugging you…I’m hugging my family.”

*****

“You seriously can’t be serious!”
“You’re right! I am not Sirius! I am Roxanne!” I said, hopefully trying to dispel the mood within the room but Coach just sent me a glare.
“Throw that Harry Potter reference out the door right now and let’s get back on track on what we’re doing with you.” I wiped the smile off my face before looking at Coach Julien again.
“I’m sorry, I watched the fifth movie last night so it’s fresh in my head and you just opened that right up.”

“Yeah, well that’s not what we’re discussing. What we’re discussing is the fact that one of my star players who has done so much for this team in the Playoffs is now fucking pregnant and can no longer play-”
“I can still play!” I said hotly, standing up from my chair. “The finals could end any day now! Honestly! It wouldn’t hurt.”
“Yes it would McGregor. Have you forgotten a little fact? You’re pregnant and you know what that means?”
“I have a kid growing in me yes and that means cutting a lot of everyday shit and fo-” I suddenly stopped to think. “Oh son of a bitch! That means no more sushi! FUCK!” I began to pout at the thought of losing my favorite food for nine months.

“I think we have a bigger issue to deal with then your stomach.” Coach snapped.
“Well it is an issue that’s dealing with my stomach!”
“McGregor…” Coach hissed.
“Sorry Coach! I’m sorry! Okay!? Just trying to put an ease to this topic okay!?” I snapped and Coach just closed his eyes and sighed.
“You’re being scratched for this game.”
“What!?” I cried. “No! Let me continue playing for god’s sake!”
“Not today you aren’t. You’re sitting this one out and probably the rest of the season.”

I just stood there, extremely pissed off that I just ruined nearly my entire Playoff season was now shot to hell. I should have kept silent and made sure Boychuk, Marchand, and Recchi had kept their mouths shut till after out last game.
“Coach Julien…I respect you a lot. You do a lot for this team and you did a lot to help me help Erika. But right now I will not allow you to bench me! I want to be apart of fucking history and that doesn’t happen when I am scratched! I am playing whether you like it or not!”

“Roxanne-”
“Don’t Roxanne me! I’m playing and that’s final!” I just whirled out of the door and marched off to the locker room with one thought only. I reached my cubby and started to suit up, despite what Coach had just told me.

No way.

No way was I sitting out for the reason of this season! I was going to play no matter what anyone wanted! I searched around for something else to give me some extra padding around the stomach to be on the safe side, finding something and throwing on my jersey.
“Roxy, what are you doing?” I looked up to see Recchi standing there in his hockey glory, looking at me confused. “You’re not…still playing…are you?”
“Coach told me I was being benched for the rest of the season but I’m saying bullshit to that.”
But…there’s a reason to that Roxy. You’re not exactly-”
“The baby will be fine!”
“Against the Flyers, no one is fine!”

“What’s going on?” Peverley cut in.
“Roxanne’s still playing.” Recchi said, pointing at me. “I’m telling her it’s idiotic.” Peverley shrugged.
“Roxy, that doesn’t sound like a good idea…” Boychuk piped up.
“Seriously, isn’t that bad?” Seguin asked. “I’m no expert-”
“You better not be.” Bergeron stated.

“LISTEN!” I yelled. “All of you just keep your lips sealed okay!? I’m playing and that’s final!”
“But-”
“SHUT IT TIMMY OR I’LL GIVE YOU AN INJURY!”
“No! Don’t do that! You do that we’re screwed!” Marchand cried.
“Wow, someone has faith in his team.” McQuaid said sarcastically.
“And the back up goalie.” Paille said.
“What about the back up goalie…” I turned to see Tuukka coming into the room, ready to get his pads on his legs. “Wait, Roxanne…why are you in your gear?”

“Cause I’m playing.” I stated the obvious.
“Playing? What? You’re joking.” He said, staring at me with a pissed off expression before grabbing my arm and dragging me around a corner and out of earshot of everyone. “We’re talking about this. Now.”
“There’s nothing to discuss.” I said. “I’m playing but I’ve taken some precautions okay!?” I lifted my jersey to show him my padding. He just shook his head.
“No Roxy, this is stupid! Even with that extra padding…? No! I won’t allow it!”
“I refuse to be bench the rest of this season Tuuk! I’m playing whether you all like it or not!”
“You’re being selfish!” He hissed. “You’re pregnant!”
“I’m going to be fine! Me and the baby will be fine! Just calm down!”

“Calm down? No! I’m not going to calm down! Have you forgotten something? That’s my kid too!” Tuukka was pissed but I could see passed the anger in his eyes he was extremely hurt. “You’re not taking care of my kid doing this!” I started to struggle with all the conflicting emotions running through me and I couldn’t pinpoint each one I was feeling. The only thing that helped settle my head was skating and playing hockey and that’s what I was going to do and if any Flyer hit me in the abdominal area, I would fuck them up. I pulled myself out of Tuukka’s grip.

“Tuukka…I love you and I already love our baby but I love hockey and I have a duty to do for this team, or city, and our fans and I’m not going to stop until we are out.”
“The baby is more important!”
“I know it is! Why do you think I padded myself up!?” Tuukka just gave up arguing with me and just shook his head at me.
“Fine. Be that way. Hurt me like this, I see how it is. You’re not getting the picture are you?” He started to walk away before looking back at me.

“You told me yesterday that I’m going to be a Dad and you got me extremely excited. You ruin this and I will never forgive you.”