Status: The Eastern Conference Finals 2010-2011 Are Ready To Go

Only The Strongest Will Survive

Healing The Wounds

Image


I just sat like a stunned idiot staring at the physician.
“No…you lie…” I said.
“No Miss McGregor…you have all the signs and it came back positive. Oh, plus you have no sign of any infection meaning you don’t have a virus or anything like that. No, you’re just about four-five weeks pregnant.”
“No…no…no…SHIT!!” I cried, stuffing my head into my hands and bursting into tears, an arm snaking around my shoulders and pulling me into a half hug.
“Let it out Roxy, this is rather a shock…” I heard Recchi soothed.

“A SHOCK!?” I cried.
“I take it you’re not entirely…happy about this.” The physician said, clutching his clipboard cautiously.
“Not entirely happy? Hello! I’m in the Stanley Finals! AND I’M NOW OFFICIALLY PREGNANT!”

WHAAAAAAT!?” I froze at that outburst, freaking out cause I thought everyone had left before recovering and screeching out the door.
“Oh shit, no! BOYCHUK, YOU HEARD NOTHING!” Johnny Boychuk came tearing out of nowhere and saw me sitting on an examination table, grabbing my hair and pulling it in frustration and now had a look of horror with a calm and collected Recchi .
“I clearly heard pregnant come out of your mouth!”
“No you didn’t!”

I threw the physician’s pen at Johnny who easily dodged it, Recchi and the medic just sharing a look.
“You’re pregnant Roxanne? Like…legit?”
“Yes she is.” The physician said. “Now if you excuse me, I have to go see Brad Marchand next, something about-” I felt myself suddenly go rigid.
“Oh no…he’s not in hearing distance is he!?”

As if on cue, Marchand came tearing into the room.

“DID I JUST HEAR THAT ROXY’S PREGNANT!?”
“Does that answer you question Roxy?” Boychuk asked, amused smile on his face and Recchi started chuckling.
“Wipe that smile off your face Boychuk and stop laughing Recchi! This is drastic and the two least mature men on this team heard it first! You’re not immature Recchi, thank god.”
“We’re all going to be uncles!? Dude! That’s awesome! Name the kid Bradley!” I hide my face in my hands and groaned loudly.
Marchaaaaand.”
“What!? It’s the least I ask for!”

“Bradley Rask…sounds like a mental issue.” Boychuk pondered only to receive a glare from Marchand. “What?”
“I think it’s safe to say that Bradley will not be the name if it’s a boy.” Recchi cut in, getting a pouting face from Marchand. “Just saying.”
“Lack of faith Recchi!” Marchand said.

“EVERYONE SHUT UP!” I cried. “Yes, you’re all going to be uncles! Except for you Recchi, you’re a grandpa.”
“Hey!” Recchi stated, causing Marchand to start snickering and the old guy smacked the rookie upside the head pretty hard.
“Look! Can you wait to give me anything funny for a bit!? Okay!? I’m in shock! This is unexpected!” I cried.
“Unexpected? I’m sorry Roxy but ever since the day you told me you had sex on the couch I have been waiting for this to happen.” Marchand said sassily. “I totally blame the couch for this.”

Marchand didn’t know what hit him, all he knew was that his head hurt and he needed to cradle it. I then burst out crying.
“I’M SORRY MARCHY! I DIDN’T MEAN TO HIT YOU!! Oh my god, why now of all times!? WHY COULDN’T YOU HAVE WAITED TILL AFTER THE SEASON, YOU WHORE OF A FETUS!”

“Did she just call her baby a whore?” Boychuk asked, staring at the bewildering sight of me raging on pregnancy hormones and crying my eyes out.
“Her fetus to be exact.” Marchand corrected, rubbing his face from the force of my hit.
“Baby sounds less gross.” Boychuk responded.
“Shit…what do we do now?” Recchi asked.
“I don’t know!” Marchand answered.
“God dammit, think of something! We can’t just leave Roxy just sitting here like this!”
“I’m not approaching her. She’s a red-headed MassHole raging on pregnancy hormones with hockey vengeance now bred into her!” Boychuk said, raising his hands in defeat. I looked up at the two.

“You men are pathetic…”
“Pathetic? I beg to differ.” Recchi defended.
“With Marchand she has a point.” Boychuk said to the man. I rolled my eyes and got off the bench and began to pace, head spinning at everything that was happening. While my three friends were discussing who was more pathetic, I leaned my head against a wall and took a deep breath.

Pregnant.

That meant I was a freaking mom!

Oh my god, I was a mother and in the middle of the Stanley Cup Finals! How was I suppose to tell Tuukka this!? How was I to stay in the series and still play!?
“None of this…leaves this room.” I finally got out, pointing at the three who finished bickering and looked at me. “Understand? No one else is to find out by your word of mouth but mine! Especially the media!”
“You have my word.” Boychuk said, saluting me.
“I might have a loud mouth but for you, I’ll keep it shut.” Marchand said.
“Bullshit.” Boychuk added, getting smacked by the agitator.

Recchi though, walked over to me and placed hands on my arms and looked into my eyes.
“I know this is an extreme shock for you and I know it’s not something to be desired at the moment. You’re young and in the Finals and this just complicates things.”
“Ya think?” I told Recchi who just motioned me to stay silent.
“But it’s not the end of the world, okay? Having a kid is a wonderful experience and I know you’re going to be fine at it. Both you and Tuukka. I know it’s a mistake but everything happens for a reason and I feel like you finally have gotten a reason to live.” I opened my mouth but then closed it, realizing I had nothing to say to what Recchi said. He just smiled and ruffled my hair before proceeding out of the room.

Boychuk and Marchand waved goodbye and left too and I knew I was going to be visiting them in a bit to try and clear my head with people who already knew. Calm down a bit before I broke the news to Tuukka.

I then thought about what Recchi said and put a hand on my stomach, biting my lip and looking down.

A reason to live…are you my reason to live?

*****

“Well buddy, as much as it’s cruel to say, you might as well kiss any chance of being with Roxanne goodbye.” Marchand’s face collapsed into the palm of his hand depressed as Boychuk told him the blatant obvious.
“You think? Took all the will in me to not punch a wall!”
“Instead you sounded like your typical self.” Boychuk said and Marchand looked up at him.
“Not really Boychuk. It still really stings inside. Need to get onto the ice again though so I can get all my hate and frustration out playing hockey and make it look normal.”

“Confront Roxy.” Was all Boychuk responded with and Marchand bolted up from his position and looked at him.
“Confront her? Confront her with what? I already confronted Rask and we all saw how that turned out.”
“If you just walked up to her and tell her what is bothering you she’ll be able to put your head straight.” Boychuk said. “Especially now that Roxy’s freaking pregnant.”

“…WHAT!?”

Boychuk and Marchand both jumped up from their lounged positions at the booth in the hotel bar at the outburst, noticing Bergeron standing there looking rather shocked after Boychuk’s announcement.
“Did I just hear what I thought I just heard?” Bergeron asked skeptically.
“Roxy’s going to kill us.” Marchand muttered.
“You heard it right Bergeron. Just keep your mouth low okay?” Boychuk said, grabbing his friend by the front of his shirt and threw him into the booth next to Marchand. “Roxy just found out and she doesn’t want it spreading.”

“Well, you two have been doing great about that.” Bergeron said sarcastically before looking at Marchand. “Why the long nose- I MEAN face?” Marchand narrowed his eyes at Bergeron who just continued to smile away.
“Long story bro.” Boychuk answered.
“How long of a story? We have all afternoon before Roxy’s birthday. I don’t think Coach is going to appreciate us all hung over for the game tomorrow.” Bergeron said, leaning back and putting a leg up on the unoccupied chair nearby.
“I think with Roxy he’s going to have much worse then hung over players. Besides, I’m pretty sure we’ll all be okay by the time its ready to play.” Marchand commented.

“So…she’s actually pregnant? That’s the reason for all her issues?” Bergeron asked in a concern voice now, keeping it low to just the table. Boychuk and Marchand both nodded in confirmation.
“She just found out and flipped a shit. Punched me in the face.” Marchand said, pointing to his face.
“That’s because you said she got pregnant by the couch.” Boychuk retaliated.
“No, I said she got pregnant on the couch.” Marchand snapped and Bergeron snorted.
“By who? You?”

“He wishes.” Boychuk said and he then realized that he was lucky this was not in a public place or he could be kissing his life goodbye. Despite being the shortest on the team, Marchand wasn’t someone you wanted to mess with. “Sorry man! Slip of the tongue!”
“Slip of your tongue my ass!” Marchand snapped as Bergeron looked between the two.
“Is there something unspoken here that I don’t know about?”
“Yup”
“No.” Boychuk and Marchand said at the same time before looking at each other.

“Does some short agitator have a crush on a certain redhead?” Bergeron asked, arms crossed.
“Yeah, and I’ve been trying to get him to cure it cause now he’s got no freaking chance.” Bergeron looked over at Marchand sympathetically.
“Really?”
“Really.” Marchand said miserably. Bergeron patted his line mate and fellow friend on the shoulder.
“I’m sorry kid, you two would have been a cute couple.”
“Thanks, makes me feel loads better inside.”
“I still think he needs to get his ass to Roxy and talk with her. Cause I know she will set him straight.” Boychuk said.

“I don’t think she’ll be good now.” Marchand said. “She just found out she’s pregnant and I don’t think she can comfort someone. She needs to be comforted herself.”
“Didn’t take the news well, did she?” Bergeron said and Boychuk shook his head.
“Took it rather hard! I don’t envy Tuukka right now.”
“No! Neither do I.” Bergeron then gave out a sigh. “So Marchand has a crush on Roxy-” Bergeron ignored Marchand’s sputtering. “We’re in the middle of playing the worst team in the NHL that knocked us out last year, we’re probably going to be hung over tomorrow, and Roxanne’s pregnant.”

“WHAT!?”

“Oh great.” Boychuk muttered. “Good going Bergeron!”
“WHAT!? I didn’t think there were other’s present!” Bergeron defended as Zdeno Chara stood with a drink in his hand and staring at the table with a shocked face, standing with Mark Recchi, who pointed down the table with a serious face on.
“Guess what men. You guys are fucked. For if Roxanne doesn’t kill you first, I will.” The three members of Team Canada raised their hands.
“No worries Recchi. Mouth. Shut.” Marchand said.
“What he said.”
“That was a slip of the mouth! You two are silent! I didn’t know you were there!” Bergeron defended.

“Wait…how does he know!?” Recchi asked in shock, pointing at Bergeron and Marchand pointed at Boychuk who just smiled guiltily.
“Sorry man…”
“That’s it, at this rate, Rask is going to find out before Roxanne tells him! Plus the rest of the team will know before him! Will not let that happen! Get over here you three!”

All three members of Team Canada burst out of the booth and darted out of the bar with Recchi hot on their heels, passing a bewildered Rask heading into the bar with Tim Thomas who looked at Chara who just blinked then shrugged.

*****

I took a deep breath and walked into the bar, scanning the occupants and looking for a certain blonde haired friend who had called me here. I then saw the familiar cheerful face waving at me from the other end, beckoning me over. I sent a small smile and straightened my Finland sweatshirt and headed to the end towards Claude Giroux. I had debated on which I should wear and I knew that a Bruins one would be suicide in the streets of Philly. I soon was finding myself embracing Giroux, my rushing thoughts finally coming to rest for a bit.

“Great to see you looking better Roxy.” Claude said, pulling me away and smiling at me. “Gave me and Danny quite a scare when you collapsed on the ice yesterday.” I gave timid smile, suddenly my head spinning again for it wasn’t long ago that I found out what had caused such a collapse.

And I still hadn’t let it sink in.

“Sorry about that. Scared everyone. It’s all over NHL too, driving me freaking insane! Everyone on Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr have been nagging about it and I’m like ‘everyone chill the fuck out. I’m okay.’” Claude chuckled.
“Well thankfully you’re fine! See you on the ice tomorrow, correct?” I opened my mouth, ready to answer yes, but hesitated. Would…would I still be able to play?
“I hope to be.” I said and Claude looked at me with concern.
“Why wouldn’t you be? You’re okay…right?” I sighed, the heavy weight of the news hitting me again.

I sat down on the bar stool next to me, rubbing my forehead.
“It’s nothing Claude, really. How have you been?” Claude looked at me before sitting down on the other stool.
“Been good, though things got pretty rocky in the locker room after the trial.” I let out a whistle.
“I can only imagine. You and Versteeg practically tore apart one of your own teammates.”
“For good reason!”
“Of course! But your other teammates don’t think so.”

“Like Pronger, and Carcillo and Carter and Richard…the list is practically endless!” Claude said exasperatedly. “I’m honestly hoping you guys knock us out here and now for I’m sick of my team. I need to get away, we all need to get away, and blow off steam so we can all come back as a new team with the past behind us.” He then waved down the bartender. “I so need a drink thinking about it.” I leaned over and rubbed his arm sympathetically.
“I’m sorry befriending me and Erika has pretty much ruined your fun of being on the Flyers.”

Claude just laughed.
“You kidding me? The people I have met through the All Star Game have changed everything I see. Honestly. Especially you two crazy girls.” I smiled.
“Glad it’s all not wearing you down. It would wear me down.”
“But knowing you, you’ll be strong enough to get through it.” Claude said back, giving me a heartwarming smile before it fading off, having held my eyesight for too long and went to order his drink. “You…want anything Roxy? Knowing you, you’re probably ready to get something.” I opened up my mouth, ready to accept that offer before I remembered one, little fact.
“I…no thanks Claude, I’m good.” I said, with a strained smile.

OH MY FUCKING GOD, I CAN’T BELIEVE I’M PREGNANT! AHHHHHHHH!!

That was the continuous through rolling through my head at that one moment. I seriously couldn’t get over it and it was clouding over everything, especially right now while I was in the company of Claude and was hoping to dispel that whole issue with him liking me and how he had lightly kissed me. Talk about the set up to ruin a friendship.
“Listen…Roxy…” Claude started and I snapped out of my daze and looked at him. “I…really wanted to talk to you alone about the night during the Philly game during the regular season…where I kind of-”
“I know Claude, I remembered, you don’t have to say it out loud.” I said.

Sighing, Claude began to pick at his coaster.
“I really want to say sorry for how I acted. I shouldn’t have done that and I’m so embarrassed by it.” He looked up at me. “You captivate me Roxy, probably just like the way Rask is to you…and you are with him. I just…I don’t know. Explosion of emotions at that point? Please don’t hate me.” Captivated. I had really managed to captivate him? With my instability and strange personality? Have there now been others?
“I can’t blame you for anything.” I started. “You were just probably vulnerable at that point and wanted comfort and I just happened to be there. I mean, I wish the circumstances had been different and you haven’t had done that, but life throws you the most insane curveballs that you must battle through. Can really do some crazy shit to you, make you double take everything.”

I placed a hand on my stomach and clutched the glass of water I had asked for. Crazy shit and insane curveballs explained my life. I looked back up at Claude again. “As long as I know you can slowly get past me and still remain my close friend. I’d hate to lose you Claude especially after all we’ve been through and done together. I could never, ever hate you. Even IF you are a Flyer.” I added in good cheer. Claude chuckled.
“I…I’ve slowly been able to ebb away from my feelings for you. It’s hard, but I can do it.”
“I know how you feel, we’ve have all been through it and it sucks.” I sighed sadly. “I’m sorry for doing this to you Claude. You’re a fantastic guy and I hate having to hurt you like this.”

Claude shrugged.
“I brought it on myself. I knew you were dating Rask before you even joined the NHL. I was asking for a let down doing this.”
“But it doesn’t mean I’m not going to feel bad! I feel like…”
“You shouldn’t feel bad Roxy. Please. It’ll only make me feel worse.” We both just stared at each other.
“It seems we’re at a stalemate.” I said. We then burst into nervous laughs, going to our drinks again.
“I guess so…” We were quiet again for a moment but then Claude spoke up again. “But seriously Roxy, don’t feel bad about this at all. Okay? I’m recovering and I called you here to say sorry for doing that to you and just making everything more complicated.”

I smiled at the Flyer’s forehead. The man was truly as sweetheart and he deserved a nice girl.
“It’s okay Claude, as long as we can get past it and enjoy a long lasting friendship…I’m okay.” I said, raising my water to him and he clinked his back.
“I am more then willing to Roxy. This season was beyond insane and there are many parts of it I will like to forget…but there are a lot I wont forget. Meeting you, understanding Erika, and all the guys from Super Skills.” I smiled back at him, my heart warming.

“I’m glad we met you and got through the worst of it all. I don’t know what we’d do without you Claude Giroux. But thank god…it’s all going to work out fine. Here’s to everything finally working out.”
“Here’s to everything finally working out.” Claude then brought up something from earlier. “So…why might you not be able to play?” I stopped smiling before responding.

“In due time you’ll find out.”

*****

Back in my hotel room after sharing drinks and laughing with Claude, I came back only to fall back into my hysterical stage again. I started shaking as I quickly began to dial a number that, despite having not used it in awhile, still remembered it. If there was anyone I could freak out to right now, it was Erika. The phone rang and then there was the answer.
“Hey Roxy!” I heard Erika call out in good cheer and I responded by spitting out words faster then a machine gun spits bullets.
“Erika! I have just gotten the most shocking news in the whole entire freaking world!!”
"Shocking news? What on earth could that be? OUT WITH IT WOMAN!" Erika responded with equal fervor.

“ERIKA! I’M PREGNANT! I’M FREAKING PREGNANT!”
"YOU'RE FUCKING KIDDING ME! THAT I WASN'T EXPECTING! I'M NOT SURE HOW TO REACT." Erika cried back and I started to feel tears coming to my face as I started to freak out more as I said it. I was in serious shock over this and no know how to react either. It still wasn’t sinking in!
“I DON’T KNOW HOW TO REACT EITHER!” I took a deep breath to steady my nerves. “Remember how I was sick that day at your apartment!? Well that was fucking morning sickness!”

"I should have guessed. You seem like you could hold your alcohol. Especially if you're Irish." Erika snickered and I pouted, even though I knew she couldn’t see my face.
“Ha, ha, ha, yes I know. But I seriously have no fucking clue what I’m going to do! Like…seriously! I wouldn’t be freaking and crying if this happened AFTER the Finals! I would be shocked but happy then but right now? Yeah, not so good!”
“That's true... Are you going to be able to play? I mean if you caught it early enough, I'm sure you could get away with playing..." I pondered over what she just said and it was tempting. I could wait till after to tell Tuu-

Except there was a flaw in that.

“Erika, I would totally go with that option but I’m not the only one who knows now! You would have been the only one but Marchand, Boychuk, and Recchi had to be nearby to hear the announcement given to me by the freaking physician!” I finally responded with.
"AHAHA SUCKS TO BE YOU!" Erika laughed and she was lucky she wasn’t in front of me or my MassHole would have come out. "But seriously. If I were in your position, I'd play. As long as the doctor said it was fine, go out there. The season could end at any moment, and I'm sure the baby can handle it until then. Just tell the two idiots to zip it."

I took a deep breath and let it out.
“Yeah, easier said then done. I don’t know if I can hide it though. Today is my birthday and everyone is like YAY PARTY and how am I supposed to be like ‘naaah, no alcohol tonight’ without looking suspicious? That’s going to send Tuukka into intense questioning.”
"I'm sorry, this isn't exactly my area of expertise. I guess you could tell them, and assure him that you can still play?" I let out a sigh.
“Yeah, asking you is probably you a dumb idea. It’s not like you have a kid already. I’m probably going to continue playing no matter what anyone says. At the moment the kid is the size of a freaking sesame seed! I don’t think I can do that much damage!”

"Don't think so either! Besides, the season is almost over. It shouldn't be a problem."
“No…it shouldn’t. I’ll just threaten them with injuries if they try to stop me and right now I’m playing the Flyer’s soooo, if any of them attack me I can enjoy watching them get their asses kicked by all my loyal teammates.”
"HA there you go! That's an Erika solution to problems, my dear friend!"
“I’ve only learned from the best!” I then started to laugh. “Oh god, I really can’t believe I’m a freaking Mom. I think Tuukka might pass out when I tell him.”

"It certainly is a surprise. And unexpected. But I wish you two the best of luck with it! Is it gonna be ginger? I bet its gonna be ginger." I chuckled at that, of course she would bring my bright red hair into all of this!

“Thanks Erika. I’m going to need all the luck in the world to balance my career and being a mom at the same time.” I started to smile, imagining what my baby was going to look out. “It’s going to a be an adorable little curly haired ginger! With a temper.”
"Oh god, the two of you breeding... that baby is going to come out a DEMON!” Erika cried out and I burst out laughing
“Wanna be the godmother of my redheaded demon?” I asked jokingly. “Baby sit it? Tell it his dad looks like he got hit by a bus?”

"YOU KNOW IT! I exist for that job!"
“Thankfully! Alright, I should probably go and…tell Tuukka that he’s a dad.” I then suddenly remembered something I needed to tell Erika! “OH! Before I go! Guess what!? Talked to Claude about everything and it’s all resolved!”
"Thank GOD! I don't have to worry about you two on top of this fucking Tampa series! Congrats, I'm happy for both of ya. I'll talk to you soon, ok? Oh and Roxy... happy FREAKIN' birthday!"
“Thank you Erika! It’s been the most shocking one ever. Baby for my birthday? I don’t know what to think! Ha! I’ll talk to you soon and defiantly keep you updated on what is happening and names and everything.”

"Great. See you later then! Bye!"
“Bye!” I said back before hanging up the phone and sighing. I looked around the empty room noticing a smile creeping onto my face. Funny, after a phone call with Erika I felt loads better. There was just…Erika seemed to effected those around her, like she channeled confidence and hope to her friends and teammates with her pure determination to do what is right and live out her dream no matter what stood in her way. She was strong and she saw the strength in me and I seriously could never have asked for a better friend, despite all the hatred and hardship in the beginning.

She was one of a kind and I knew she was never going to leave my life.

I then burst into a huge smile and had tears fall down my face. I had almost died once but was reborn and I was given back life that I gambled away. But now…now I saw what I really had going for me. Hockey, friends, family…and now I was given life again, in a different form.

Recchi was right, I had finally been given a reason to live and I found not out of control with fear and hysterics but instead filled with joy and happiness. I then found myself running out of my room and off to find my boyfriend.

*****

“You all would be at the bar!” I cried, as I ran into the hotel bar to find a good chunk of my team lounging around.
“It’s cause we’re pre-gaming for your birthday!” I heard Boychuk call out, holding up a drink and giving me a big smile.
“Lies, that’s diet coke.” Seguin stated. “Just like me.”
“And everyone else here.” Krejci stated. “Cause we would be stupid to consume a shit load of alcohol the night before a game.”
“We’d be good before that game!” Marchand said. “Our livers work double time.”

“Haven’t we had this discussion already?” Tim Thomas ask exasperatedly. “And didn’t we come to the conclusion that Marchand is going to have liver failure?”
“Yes we did Tim” Recchi said.
“Well you wont have to be worrying about me drinking alcohol before the game!” I blurted out, motioning my boyfriend to come away from the table. Tuuk raised an eyebrow at my hyper actions and I felt my heart pounding and my head buzzing with adrenaline. I had been on mission to tell him five seconds ago but finding him surrounded by everyone else I lost my courage.

Well, not everyone, more like nine of them and three already knew. But STILL!
“Why wont you be drinking? It’s your birthday!” Lucic cried out. “Are you sick!? I think she’s sick, we’ve got to take her to the hospital now.” Krejci rolled his eyes.
“We already know she’s sick Lucic, she’s been puking and passing out!”
“ALL FOR A REASON!” I shouted, then pointing down Tuukka. “And will you would get your adorable Scandinavian ass out of that seat so I can cart you off and-”
“Make sweet passionate love in the main hall.” Lucic cut in. “I see her motives. Just make it quick cause I’m hungry and don’t want to come across that on my way out.”

SMACK!

Lucic found himself rubbing the back of his head from a good, solid whack from Mark Recchi.
“Recchi! What the hell man!”
“Just shut your ungodly loud mouth for a moment!” Lucic just stared back dumbstruck.
“Thank you Dad, NOW GET UP TUUKKA!”
“Why!?” He asked bewildered.
“She has big news.” Recchi said and I started making sputtering noises and hand motions at Recchi.
“What big news?” Lucic asked.
“I was just about to ask that! Stop cutting in!” Tuukka yelled at him from the other side of the table.

“Well excuse me! Seems like no one wants my company!” Tuukka rolled his eyes before looking at me with concern, reaching out and taking my hand. “What is it Roxy?” I opened my mouth but then stalled.
“I…I’m…uhhh…YOU’RE MAKING THIS AWKWARD PEOPLE!” I yelled at the table who were all looking at us, silent.
“Awkward? We’re listening!” Krejci said before looking at Bergeron, Boychuk, Marchand, and Recchi. “Why are all you guys smiling and not curious!?”
“Cause we already know.” Boychuk said.
“Know what?” Tuukka asked before looking at me who was glaring daggers at the…four? FOUR?
“When did you find out!?” I yelled at Bergeron.

“Unimportant right now.” Recchi said. “I took care of that issue, just carry on and tell him cause he’s the one who should have been the first to find out.”
“Find out what?” Tuukka asked before Timmy started to burst into a big smile and chuckling.
“Kid, you have a thick head.”
“Shut up Tim.” Tuukka said to his fellow broalie. I hid my face as it started to burn up from all of this.
“I don’t know how to say it!”
“Easy. You spit it out.” Marchand said.
“That’s what she said.” Boychuk said, receiving a whack.

Tuukka then finally got up and grabbed the sides of my arms and looked at me.
“Roxy. Please tell me what’s happened.” I took a deep breath.
“Be prepared to like…fall over in shock okay?” I said.
“I’m prepared, kultaseni. Just tell me.”
“Tuukka…I’m pregnant.”

“WHAT!?” Lucic, Krejci, and Seguin cried out.
“YOU WOULD IMPREGNAT HER YOU IDIOT!” Lucic cried out, causing nearly the entire bar to jump and stare at our crew with bafflement and irritation.
“And that is why you don’t have unprotected sex, remember that Seguin.” Boychuk said, looking over at Tyler who gave a “really?” face. Tuukka’s mouth dropped open.
“Wait…you’re…you’re not.” I nodded my head, tears starting to form.
“I am Tuukka. You’re going to be a dad. That’s why I’ve been sick and irritated and passed out. I’m pregnant!” Tuukka started to laugh nervously, finding no words to say.
“I…I can’t believe it. I’m…in shock…like…this is unexpected!” I then started to get scared.
“Are you…happy?” I asked.

I was then crushed into a hug, arms wrapped around me lovingly as Tuukka buried his face into my neck.
“Of course I’m happy. I’m shocked but I’m absolutely ecstatic. I knew this day would come, not this early, but I saw it coming and now that it’s here…practically hitting me like a bus-” I started to snort, remembering the insult Erika had used way back at the All Star Game. “-but next to being drafted, this is the happiest day of my life.” I then started to burst into tears, hugging him closer to me.

“I’m so glad you’re as happy as me.” I sobbed out.

“Okay, I think a round of applause is in order for the happy couple.” Recchi said, starting to clap. Everyone else did with smiles on their faces, including some bar occupants and I noticed out of the corner of a teary eye, Krejci nudging a still shocked Lucic, snapping him out of his daze. Tuukka leaned down and kissed me sweetly, pulling away.
“To be honest, I was frightened and angry when I found out.” I said. “And scared to tell you, but after talking to Erika I finally figured out that…I’m happy. I’m truly, deeply ecstatic,” Tuukka brushed the tears off my face.

“Remind me to thank Erika for helping you again.” I smiled up at him.
“I will.”
“Okay, this is probably the worst time ever to ask this but, can I talk with you outside Roxy?” I turned to see Marchand standing there, looking dismal but determined. I felt Tuukka become rigid and there was a feel of hostility in the air that made me rather…scared.
“Of course Marchand.” I said, pulling away from Tuukka and giving him a teary smile and he gave me a halfhearted one back and all the joy and excitement I felt dashed away.

What was going on?

“What’s going on Marchand?” I asked. “Something doesn’t feel right.”
“Cause something isn’t and I want to make it right. Especially now.” We exited out into the Philly streets and Marchand took a deep breath before talking, the two of us continuing to talk. “Look, for a long time I’ve always admired this happy, cheerful girl who worked the locker room but there was a fellow teammate and friend who…snatched her before me.” My breath hitched in my throat and my heart dropped to my stomach. Oh no Marchand, no, not you too!

“Brad…” I whispered
“It really effected me but…I was able to deal with it through hockey and knowing that this was making you happy and all I wanted was for you to be happy. You’re one of my best friends and I’d do anything for you. But then came that night after the Blackhawks game and I cracked. I just…I just couldn’t handle how he almost broke up with you and it infuriated me. I got extremely jealous and the only thing that plagued my mind was how I wanted you to be mine.” I stopped walking and sat down on a wall, staring at Brad Marchand, the crazy, agitating shrimp of the locker room as he spilt out his heart to me.

“So that’s what was bothering you.” I managed to get out passed the tightness in my throat. “Oh god Brad, I am so sorry you-”
“Let me finish, okay?” I nodded my head. “Rask found out and got really angry and me and I him, and we’ve been butting heads for awhile now. But I realize I’m being a freaking selfish, dumb, lovestruck idiot; especially now with the fact that you and Rask are about to be parents.” He took a deep breath before continuing. “The reason I’m talking is that…I wanted to explain to you my weird behavior but also tell you that no matter what happens. I’m always here for you. I care about you. A lot.” I bit my lip as tears came out of my eyes. This was probably the most emotional day I had ever had to go through! This was heavy stuff and to hear Marchand say it all!? Even more of a reason for me to cry. I got up and embraced the agitator.

“Freaking Bradley Kevin Marchand! You seriously have a heart as big as your freaking nose! You may be an idiot and aggravating at times but I wouldn’t even want you out of my life! I’m so sorry that you’re so tortured by my relationship with Tuuk, I don’t wan to hurt you cause I love you like a freaking brother.” Marchand embraced me back.
“I know Roxy. That’s why I needed to settle everything here and now. It just felt right.” I backed up and looked at the guy, tears rolling down my face. I opened up my mouth to speak again but the voice that came next wasn’t mine or Marchand’s but someone else.

“Well isn’t this all touching?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh Brads, where would the Bruins be without you?