Status: The Eastern Conference Finals 2010-2011 Are Ready To Go

Only The Strongest Will Survive

Tell Tale Signs

Image


Šťastné opožděné k narozeninám! Šťastné opožděné k narozeninám! Šťastné narozeniny opožděné drahý Krejci! Šťastné opožděné k narozeninám! YAAAAAY!”

David Krejci, the quiet calm forward from the Czech Republic, tumbled off the bench in the locker room in surprise the day of our morning skate at the loud outburst from a collective group of people who had sadly not been present on his birthday. The man had turned 25 on April 28th and sadly all his really close teammates and friends had abandoned him to go and crash a trial.

So, with a lot of consulting with Kaberle and Chara, myself along with Tuukka, Seguin, and Team Canada figured out how to sing HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO YOU in Czech and for the first time in what felt like ages, we finally saw the guy and blurted out the song that we had been practicing singing.

Krejci propped himself up on his elbows and looked up at us with raised eyebrows.
“That has to be the worst pronunciation and accent I have ever heard when trying to speak my native language.”
“Not to mention their horrible voices just add to it.” Peverley added. I stuck my tongue out at him before pointing at Krejci.
“You should appreciate it anyways! We worked hard to get what we got and at least we didn’t fully forget your birthday!”
“No they didn’t, but instead of staying and celebrating with the rest of us, they went all the way to DC to bust a trail.” Ference piped in.

“Yes we did BUT IT WAS NECESSARY!” I declared, walking over to my cubby and getting my shit on with the rest of my teammates.
“I still feel like I have some of the after affects…” Marchand muttered.
“How could you? It’s been two days!” Bergeron cried, stating the obvious.
“You forget that Marchand cleverly conceals alcohol in his blood stream and that his glands now secrete vodka they’re so fucked up.” I stated, looking over at the short forward now strapping on his skates and sticking his tongue out at me.
“I see nothing wrong with that disorder.” Thorton added in.

“No, I would love to always have a nice pump of Guinness in my bloodstream but if alcohol was pumping out instead of adrenaline during game play that by fourteen minutes into the first period I’d be so far gone I wont know which team I’m playing on and I’ll black out by the time first period is over.” Everyone looked over at Recchi and then burst into chuckles.
“That’s because you’re old and your liver is already starting to shrivel up.” Marchand retaliated. “I, on the other hand, am not a lightweight and still young with a liver of steel!”
“You keep partying the way you do you’re going to have liver failure by 25.” Timmy called out.
“Oh shut up!”

I started laughing heartily with my teammates at each other’s ribbing, trying to fight the fatigue I had begun to feel that day. But it wasn’t like I shouldn’t expect it, I had been couch surfing with little to no sleep for the past two days pretty much! Not to mention we just came out of a stressful first series against our rivals and now gearing up for a series against the Flyers filled with revenge after last year! Not to mention the Flyers will be pissed at me and my friends for helping the banishing of their player Morrison.

Heh, heh, heh….

“Speaking of birthdays, I think someone’s is approaching.” Krejci announced, looking over at me causing me to pull out of my daydream and grabbing my hockey stick, ready to head out to the ice for practice.
“And who’s would that be Krej-Krej?”
“That nickname sounds so retarded.” Lucic stated.
“Oh? And Looch is better? Might as well be screaming LEEEEEEEEEEECH!” I cried out, my voicing echoing through every corner of the Wells Fargo Center.

“Who’s a leech?” I head Campbell asked, slightly freaked out.
“Looch is a leech.” I responded.
“But anyways! Roxy! You’re birthday is tomorrow!” Krejci finally finished his original sentence, causing me to look at him.
“So it is! May 1st, 1988 was the day this fiery Masshole came to life!”
“And the beginning of the world’s ending…” I smacked Peverley hard with my stick just as Coach Julien emerged from the locker room followed by the rest of the coaches ready to kick our asses.

“Alright people! Tonight we play the Philadelphia Flyers and you know what? I think it’s time we have our sweet, sweet revenge on them.” We all cheered in agreement and I shook the fatigue I had and began to start practicing.

*RECCHI’S POV*

Recchi continued to watch Roxy in a close manner, not liking what he was seeing. There was just something about the way Roxy was looking and acting that had him thinking.

It was probably the most crazy, irrational idea that ever popped into his head but at his age and having seen it before, it was always easier to see the signs a third time. He looked to his right at Tuukka then at Roxy…then shook his head and started practicing. But he knew he wasn’t going to stop keeping an eye on Roxy.

*****

Philadelphia had given us a warm welcome as usual, with their jeers and insulting signs. The Flyers’ themselves were up to their usual roughing but it wasn’t anything we couldn’t handle. For the second time in the second period, I found myself face first on the ice thanks to Carcillo’s none to nice of a check. I have never tasted to much Plexiglas before, but every time I had the puck, one of the Flyers would come over with full force and check me into the glass, resulting in shoving me to the ground.

I wasn’t the only one getting abuse though, Seguin and Team Canada had their own issues and more then once did they harass Timmy, resulting in a big pile up cause no one fucks with Tim freaking Thomas! Pissed off that yet again I had lost the puck, I pushed up and charged after Carcillo, checking him even though he had no puck or anything. I was falling for his antics but I really didn’t care cause I really wanted to get on the Flyers’ case as well.
“What’s your fucking issue? Bitter that we’re beating your pathetic asses!?” I hissed at him as he got up and started glaring daggers at me and I knew what was coming next.
“My fucking issue? My issue is because sluts like you and Harper fucked up our locker room fucking chemistry and we lost one of our forwards to you two!”

He lunged at me and I started going after him, only to find someone else had restrained me, leaving me defenseless against a raging Carcillo who started to come after me only to get headed off by a very large and pissed off Lucic.
“Let her the fuck go Carter!” I heard Boychuk roar and I turned around to see it was Carter who had restrained me from going after Carcillo. I started to struggle against his hold while shouting at Carcillo.
“Oh yeah? Suck it up Caveman! There are other teams who have dealt with worse! I think this would be a wakeup call to you and the other douchebags on this team that being low, greedy assholes will get you nowhere! I’m sorry that your team is so corrupt and despicable that’s its crumbling beyond all fucking repair! Sorry man, but that Stanley Cup? You’ll never fucking get it because cheapskates are never rewarded.”

Carter retaliated for Carcillo, twisting my arm and I cried out. I ripped out of his grip and threw off my glove off and punched him square in the mouth, sending him to the ground and causing everyone to stall for a bit.

Then a whole brawl just erupted quickly broken apart by the refs, ripping up into separate zones of the ice and roaring at us about sportsmanship. I started to chuckle at the sight of Carter sitting up dazed with a hand on his face and looking around confused.
“That punch was beautiful…” Lucic said. “Wonderfully orchestrated and delivered the right oomph to stun opponent. Did I ever tell you could make a damn good enforcer?” I smirked at Lucic before getting carted off to the penalty box to serve my roughing penalty.
“No you haven’t but I’m going to leave you with the ‘bashing skulls’ thing.”
“Oh thanks, but you’re taking my job away!”

“You have no idea how long I have been waiting for to spit in their faces.” I sneered, going into the box and instantly being bombarded with jeers and pissed off Philly fans. I turned and gave them all a sweet smile and a wave, only irritating them more and tried to hold back my laugh as my team held of Philly and went on to score another goal. I entered back out on the ice and scooped up the puck and easily slid it home in the Flyers’ goal, and crying out in triumph. We were now up 5-2 on the Flyers and it never felt better after the trial, after all the grief Philly had given Erika.

Karma, it’s a bitch.

“Way to make us look like Edmonton.” I turned to see it was Danny who had muttered that to me, sending a wink and causing me to laugh.
“Sorry Danny! But you guys so deserve this. After 2010 Playoffs and trial.” Danny gave me a pouting face.
“But I was helping!”
“Guilty by association Danny!” I laughed and gave him a wink back. “No hard feelings.” I looked over at the bench and saw Giroux, despite being surrounded by his teammates, give me a small smile obviously amused at my actions and not caring one bit that his team was losing.

I smiled back before heading to my own bench for a line change.

Sadly, that was the last thing I could remember doing.

*****

“Shit she looks pale!”
“Pale? She makes a ghost look tan!”
“Surprise the Ghost Busters aren’t here to fucking suck her up!”
“Lame joke told by a lame man!”
“Oh shut the fuck up.”
“If you guys keep arguing like this she might finally wake up.”
“How about you just whisper sweet nothings in her ear Tuuk, she might respond to that.”
Marchaaaaaand…

I slowly shifted, listening to the banter going on around me as my mind slowly came to. I slowly began to blink, noticing a lot of fuzzy faces leaning over me.
“Well look at that, she’s mumbling and shifting around at the sound of Marchand’s loud mouth.” I heard Boychuk say all snarky.
“Women love my voice.” Marchand retaliated. I groaned and got up, rubbing my face and looking around to notice that not only were Boychuk and Marchand present around me, but also Tuukka, Bergeron, Seguin, Lucic, Krejci and the rest of the Bruins crazy crew.
“Uhhh…hi?” I said, uncertainly.

“FINALLY! She’s awake! I can now go home with that off my shoulders!” I heard Horton call out and saw his body move towards the exit of the examination room. I then noticed I was lying, still in most of my hockey gear, on an examination table. I stared around looking for answers and Recchi, who was to my right, put a hand on my shoulder.
“You passed out after you scored our fifth goal in the second period. The game has been over now for awhile and you just finally came to.” I blinked confused.
“Seriously? That makes no sense though…I wasn’t hit in the head or anything! Did we win?”
“That’s what I was saying.” Tuukka said, placing a hand on my knee and looking at me with a concern smile. “It seemed way too weird and you’ve been rather sick lately though…but to answer that last question, yes, we did. It was 7-3”

I let out a whistle at that.
“Daaaaaamn...we destroyed their asses." I then looked around to see everyone not think about the game but my welfare "It’s been nothing now, just the let down of stress from the trial and brought on by the new stress of the Finals and just…yeah!” I finished lamely, getting a bunch of raised eyebrows. “Oh c’mon guys, I’m not dying!”
“Yeah, watch as you keel over in a few minutes.” Lucic, always the compassionate one, said. I stuck my tongue at him.
“And you would bawl like a little baby.”
“Like Marchand during Toy Story 3!” Boychuk piped up.
“OH FOR THE LOVE OF THE HOCKEY GODS, I DIDN’T CRY IN THAT MOVIE!” I started to snicker as the room began to fall into a disarray of insults going back and forth.

“WILL YOU SCHOOL GIRLS ALL SHUT IT!? What did I hire, grown professional hockey players or immature elementary children!?”
“The latter, Coach!” I called out, sending him a wave, which he responded with a shake of his head.
“How is it that whenever something drastic happens it is always you!” I stopped my wave and then gave a guilty smile.
“I don’t know.”
“It’s because she’s a ginger Coach. She has no soul.” Thorton answered.
“Bullshit.” I snapped. “I do have one. I just stole it from you!”
“Enooough.” Coach called out. “Look, the point is, Roxy, how are you feeling and are you okay?”

I nodded my head vigorously.
“Feel like a million bucks!” I called out.
“You don’t look it.” Paille commented.
“Oh thanks asshole.”
“Look, the medics are clearing you cause you have no concussion and can’t figure anything out. I’m just suspicious…” I sighed and rolled my eyes.
“Coach, I haven’t and will not do anything suicidal ever again. Seriously. Count on it.” Coach gave me a raised eyebrow of skepticism. “WHY WON’T YOU BELIEVE ME!”
“Cause you’re Roxanne McGregor and a redhead.” Thorton responded.

“Look! I believe you right now! Team, keep an eye on her. Now, I want everyone to get a good night’s sleep tonight but I expect everyone ready for practice tomorrow. Roxy, I want you there too but I will judge whether you are fit or not to practice and play.” I nodded my head and watched as everyone started to edge out of the room and Tuukka helped me off the bench.
“You seriously need to take care of yourself.” He said and I looked up at him.
“I’m okay Tuukka, really, don’t worry! It’s probably just a let down of everything, you know?” Tuukka shrugged.
“If you say so…I’m just…concerned.”
“I know you are but you shouldn’t be.” I leaned up and gave him a quick kiss before heading to my cubby to get dressed, noticing Recchi watching me closely.

*****

I ended up waking up the next morning feeling just as shitty as I did the day before and slowly rolled out of bed and emptied my stomach into the toilet. Groaning, I quickly washed my face up and stumbled out into the main hotel room starting to get ready for practice. Marchand was still muttering in his sleep, slowly enclosing his embrace on a pillow. There was a knock on the door and slowly got up, approaching the door and slowly opening it halfheartedly.

“Hey Rox- Roxy?”
“Hi Tuuk…” I muttered, before turning and falling face first onto my hotel bed.
“Oh no…don’t tell me you’re still sick.” I shoved a pillow over my face and talked into it.
“I don’t want to confirm or deny it! Shit! I can’t get like this!” I whipped the pillow at the armchair. “THE STANLEY CUP IS NEAR!” Tuuk sighed, walking over to the bed and made a sit up gesture with his hands. I complied and he sat down, pulling me into him and embracing me. Marchand slowly was coming to the world at that moment due to my outburst.

“You’re pushing yourself to hard. Look, just rest up before it really gets serious. Take time off. You can’t make yourself worse by heading out in this state.”
“No! I can’t give in to weakness! I must-”
“I don’t want to hear excuses. Rest.” Tuuk said with heat. I nuzzled into his chest and gave an exasperated sigh.
“If you say so…”
“I do say so. And I even go as far as saying that if I catch a hint of you getting worse tonight, tomorrow I’m not going to let you play and if you try to I will have not only the team sing Roxanne, but put the song on the speakers and get the Wells Fargo to sing it to you.” I glared at him.

“You…wouldn’t…dare…”
“Try me.”
“DAMN YOU TUUKKA RASK! YOU KNOW WHERE TO GET ME!”
“It’s because you’re too open and easy to read…”
“I am not easy!”
“That’s not what the Police said.”
SMACK!

Roxanne uses Pillow! Boston Bruins Rask gets taken out!

“Hey! Calm down or I’m not going to sit with you anymore!” I instantly stopped.
“Ok…but no more prostitute jokes!”
“Just quiet down and rest, I know it’s hard for you MassHoles to actually stop bitching and calm down-”
“Don’t push me you stupid Fin.”
“Love you too…” Tuukka kissed the top of my head before continuing. “You’re going to checked out by the physicians, right?”

I nodded my head.
“I will Tuukka, I’m going to be talking with them after practice and before my party tonight.” Tuukka pulled me away and kept his hands on my arms starring deeply at me with concern.
“You sure you’re up for that? Cause we can totally postpone it.”
“No! I’ll be okay! Really!”
“Why are you guys my alarm clock!?” Marchand finally called out, fully waking up and seeing that Tuukka and I were chatting in his hotel room.
“You could have woken up to worst!” I snapped at him, throwing a pillow at him.
“Oof…” He muttered sleepily as the pillow hit him, Marchy not moving for a bit. Tuukka kissed me before getting up.

“Look, let’s allow Bradina to get ready for practice and head down ourselves. You can get checked out before we start and before everyone arrives.” I nodded my head.
“Logical…”

*****

I sat up on an examination table with my back against the wall, foot before me going a mile a minute as I sat there after practice. I was going to get my results back from the physician now and I really wanted to know what it was cause I felt fucking exhausted right now and wanted to nap before heading off to play.

Not to mention I had to pee really bad right now too.

Most of the guys had left, including Tuukka even though he wanted to stay but I smacked him out of the room telling him that I wouldn’t be far behind and I would tell what was up later! Seriously! It’s just a virus or something! Stomach bug! My foot began to go a little bit faster with irritation and impatience. Why I was so snippy lately I have no idea but half the locker room was staying out of my way saying that the bloody curse of the female gender had arrived and didn’t want to fall victim to the abuse I have given my rivals on the ice. A figured appear in the doorway though that made me sit up straight.
“Mark!” I said. “Why are you still here?”
“To check on you. You’ve been looking terrible lately and it’s got me worried.”

I hung my head in shame.
“Recchi, I understand why, but please believe that I won’t be killing myself agai-”
“That’s not why I’m worried Roxy.” I blinked in confusion.
“What is it then?” I asked. “Are you seeing something else.” Recchi slowly nodded his head.
“Roxy, I may be a guy but I’ve also been married for quite awhile with kids of my own and I might be getting old but that doesn’t mean I’m getting stupid.” I opened my mouth then closed it.
“What are you getting at Recchi?” Before he could answer, another voice cut through the air.

“Well McGregor…” I turned to the door at the sound of the medic’s voice, giving him my undivided attention.
“Weeell?” I continued.
“I have no clue how you’re going to take this but…” The guy continued nervously, making my stomach churn with concern. What’s going on?
“C’mon man, what is it? Life threatening cancer or something? Some unknown virus that there is no cure for?”
“Nope! Not at all.”
“Then it shouldn’t be a big deal!”
“You’re not alone I see.” He said, giving Recchi a smile and a head nod before continuing. “You sure you don’t want to be alone to hear this?” I rolled my eyes.
“Just spit it out!”

“Well it is McGregor because believe it or not, you are not sick whatsoever. You’re actually pregnant.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm seriously on such a writing binge with this story, I CAN'T STOP! Anyways, Love to hear your feedback on this!