‹ Prequel: Unholy Confessions
Status: Sequel!

Betrayed

I Like Breakfast

I stood in our bedroom, staring into the mirror while Jason took off his clothes and got ready for bed. My eyes were red and puffy from crying. I looked down as I saw Jason walk towards me in the mirror. He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me back against his bare chest. His tattooed arms snaked around my waist and across my chest. I leaned my head back and looked into the mirror; meeting his eyes through the reflection. His eyes never left mine as he dipped his head to kiss my shoulder, then the crook of my neck. My lips twitched into a smile as his breath tickled the sensitive skin there. His full lips curved up into a smirk as his hand ran down my shoulder, sliding the strap of my tank top down my arm. I turned in his arms to face him, pressing my lips against his smiling ones.
“I love you Jason Berry,” I whispered into the kiss. He pulled away, his smile fading. His happy face was turned into one of somberness.
“Mina, you know I would never do anything to hurt you. Ever. What Brian said tonight…”
“Was just Brian being a diva,” I finished for him, smiling knowingly. He smiled sheepishly.
“Yeah. Brian and I used to be best friends… and I spent that time being second best at everything. You think he’d let me have my moment with you. I mean… I can understand why he wants you.”
“Oh really? And why is that?”
“Because you’re perfect.”
I snorted and Jason shook his head, “No really. You’re everything I’ve ever wanted and a guy could ask for. You’re beautiful, smart, funny. And not mention, you have great taste in men.”
I rolled my eyes, smiled and tried to push him away, but he just pulled me closer.
“You’re so full of it,” I laughed.
“No. I mean it. I wouldn’t marry you if you weren’t everything I wanted. I wouldn’t want to start a family with you… speaking of which,” he pushed me down onto the bed, “Let’s get started on that.”

The next morning, Jason and I were in the kitchen making breakfast when a very grumpy Matt walked in with a very happy Bear on his back.
“Thanks for letting me sleep wif you Daddy,” Bear said as Matt whirled him around and in his chair with one motion. Neche came in, smiling and kissed Matt on the cheek.
“We’ll wrestle tonight, I promise,” she laughed, revealing why he was so grumpy. Matt muttered something under his breath before sitting down next to Bear, tousling his son’s hair.
“What’s for breakfast?” Neche asked, hugging me from behind.
“Eggs. Sausage. Pancakes. Hash browns.” Jason mumbled, focusing on cooking. I rolled my eyes as my sister laughed and sat down next to her husband.
“Mama,” Bear called, “Sit next to me!”
“Okay baby,” my sister stood back up and moved to the other side of Bear.
“Mina, go sit down,” Jason ordered, putting the food on plates. I followed his instructions and sat next to my sister. Jason brought the food over, serving us all before sitting down. We all dug in and ate in silence. When we were finished, I stood to start clearing the table but Matt stopped me.
“Sit.” He pointed. Why was everyone bossing me around? I sat back down and Matt and Jason looked at each other, before Jason nodded.
Jason cleared his throat, “Well… Matt and I have something we want to say.”
“Yes. Jase and I have done a lot of thinking while we were gone, and we decided that we want to move.”
“Move?” Neche asked, eyes widening.
Jason nodded, “We don’t have to move into separate houses if you don’t want to… but we want to move into a bigger, better house.”
“We think it’s time to expand,” Matt added.
“Move?” Bear asked.
“Yeah buddy, it’ll be okay.”
“I don’t get my room anymore?”
“Well, no…”
Tears welled in my nephew’s eyes, “I don’t wanna.”
“Oh baby, it’ll be okay,” Matt pulled Bear into his lap and hugged him, “We’ll make your room really fun. With lots of toys. I promise little man.”
“Lots of toys?” Bear sniffled, rubbing his eyes.
“Yeah,” Jason agreed, “We’ll go shopping and everything!”
“Well… okay!” Bear smiled.
Neche rolled her eyes and bit her bottom lip. I could tell she was uncomfortable with the idea of moving, and I couldn’t say I blamed her. We had started our lives with these guys in this house. I can’t say I didn’t understand the twin’s logic either. They’d had some bad memories concerning their parents in this house. I squeezed her hand and she smiled at me.
“Let’s do it.” Neche finally said.
“Let’s move!”
♠ ♠ ♠
ohhhh. movings a big step :3

let us know what you think <3
comment, subscribe, banner <3

Kels