‹ Prequel: Unholy Confessions
Status: Sequel!

Betrayed

Betrayed

Jason carried me up the stairs. I’m sure it wasn’t easy to hold onto me as sob after sob wracked my slender shoulders. He made the trip without speaking, and finally he set me down in front of our bathroom door. He brushed past me and opened the closet, pulling out the box of pregnancy tests we had bough almost a month before.
“Don’t come out till you take it,” he said coldly before shutting the door behind him. I felt my legs crumple underneath me as hot tears flooded my eyes. This couldn’t be happening. God… please don’t let me be pregnant. Please let me put this nightmare behind me. I held onto the sink and pulled myself from the floor. I couldn’t meet my reflection so I threw a towel over the mirror before grabbing the box of tests. They spilled all over the floor and fresh tears of frustrations leaked through my closed eyes. Fuck. This. Shit. I picked a test off the floor and forced myself to read the directions despite the fact that I had done this numerous times.

After I had taken the test, I set it on the counter and walked into the bedroom. Jason sat on the edge of the bed, cradling his head in his calloused hands. I stood in the doorway, staring at him before crossing the room. Falling to my knees in front of him, I took his hands and held them in my own. I watched as a single tear fell from his long eye lashes and landed on my arm. As I reached up to caress his face, he turned his head away from my touch. It felt as if I had been stung and I let my hand fall in my lap. After a moment, his dark eyes opened and he pulled me onto the bed with him, holding me tightly against him. I buried my head in his chest and let the tears I had been fighting to keep back, finally fall. After a few minutes, the timer I had set roused us from our thought and Jason sat up with me. He held my hand as we crossed the bedroom and stood in the doorway to our bedroom. I took a deep breath before crossing the threshold, reaching for the test.

My sister came up and found us laying on the bed two hours later. She asked how it went and Jason just pointed to the bedside table. I heard her gasp and felt the bed shift under her weight as she sat next to us. I felt her stroke my hair and murmur into the pillow, but I couldn’t understand what she was saying. Jason held me tighter and I fell asleep between the two people who meant the most to me.

A knock on the door made me open my eyes. It was light out, which meant I had slept through the day. I sat up to see Jason standing in the doorway, arms crossed over his muscular chest. I ran a hand through my tangled hair and brought my knees up before resting my chin on them and looking over at him.
“Jase…”
“Mina please…” he walked across the room before sitting in front of me. He carefully pushed my hair out of my face before touching my cheek, “Mina… I think we need to make a doctors appointment to take care of this problem.”
I felt my eyes widen, “You can’t mean an abortion!”
“How could you even believe I’d suggest that? There’s a chance that it’s my baby… “
I closed my eyes in horror. How could I have even have thought that. I felt his arms wrap around me.
“Mina… whether this baby is mine or not… I will love it as it was my own. It shall be my child. And if it’s Haners… then he shall never know, and the baby will never know. It will be a secret we keep until the day we die. You have betrayed me once… please don’t betray me again… keep this secret.”
I rested my head against his shoulder.
“Mina, look at me.”
I opened my eyes to meet his dark ones, “I promise.”
♠ ♠ ♠
It took me so long to write this and its only 700 words or so >.<
Thats what I get for writing while my boyfriend plays PS3 and trying to look at pics of Jason for inspiration... he's the perfect distraction <3
Comment, Rate, Subscribe?