‹ Prequel: Unholy Confessions
Status: Sequel!

Betrayed

Panera?

I sat there in shock as she explained how she had just met Anthony Kiedis from our favorite band. Man… how did she always get to meet all these people? I guess its easier in her line of work than mine. She being a hairdresser and make-up artist and all and me being a waitress. I shook my head and headed into the bathroom to brush my teeth before bed. After stripping down to my panties in my and Jason’s bedroom, I pulled one of his old t-shirts on before crawling into bed. This was the worst part of having the guys on tour. I hated sleeping alone. Wrapping the blanket tightly around me, I inhaled his scent and fell asleep thinking how grateful I was that I didn’t have to go through this alone.

The next day, after Neche dropped Bear off at school, we met Delaney, Val, and Erin at Panera for lunch. We were sitting on the patio, watching the surf and all the people on the beach as we talked about how much we missed our men.
“At least you got to see Jason and Matt a few days ago,” Delaney offered, “I haven’t seen Zacky in about two months. I was supposed to go out to see them, but my brother needed me for that photo shoot.” She bit her lip in frustration.
Erin nodded in agreement, “I haven’t seen Johnny in a month. Since he flew back home for our anniversary.”
“Yeah, that was sweet,” Neche smiled at Erin. I really liked these girls a lot. It was nice to have more girls in the group. I knew Val felt the same way after being the only girl for the longest time.
“So Neche,” Val stated, “Who did you end up having to doll up last night?”
I choked on my ice coffee; how could I forget how excited I had been. Neche smiled and her eyes lit up.
“You’ll never believe it! Anthony Kiedis!”
“No way!”
“Seriously?”
“Righteous!”
Neche nodded, “It was awesome. He was so cool and down to earth, and he gave me a really good piece of advice.”
This startled me… she hadn’t mention this part last night.
“He told me,” she continued, “Not to let what the press writes upset me.”
Val cocked an eyebrow, “Why would he tell you that?”
My sister and I looked at each other warily, “You mean Lacey didn’t send you that link?”
Erin stiffened at the mention of Johnny’s ex. Even though they had broken up, they still were pretty active in each other’s lives. If I didn’t know them, I’d be worried, but Erin really had nothing to worry about. Both my sister and I could tell how much Johnny really loved Erin.

Val, Erin and Delany shook their heads and Neche sighed heavily, “You want to tell?”
I shrugged, “Sure. Some jackass decided to print a story about how Bear doesn’t look like Matt… stating that Neche probably cheated. So basically, we’re forced to look at our past right in the eye…”
“You’ve got to be fucking kidding me!” Delaney shrieked, causing looks from other tables.
“No. Here,” I pulled it up on my phone and passed it around the table. Neche was looking past us to the ocean, a distant look in her eyes.
“This is bullshit,” Val said, passing the phone to Erin.
“I know,” I mumbled, “It’s not even fair.”
“I can’t belive… woo,” Erin said, “Jason’s calling you,” she reached across the table to hand me my phone.
“Hello?”
“Hey babe,” he voice sounded tired and weary.
“What’s wrong? Are you okay?”
“Not really. Have you seen the tabloids?”
“Which ones?”
“Oh I don’t know Mina, the ones that are claiming that Neche had an affair and Matt’s not really Bear’s father,” his voice rose.
“Hey… I know you’re mad, but please don’t take it out on me. We just found out. We’re just as pissed. We all know that Matt’s Bear’s father, even if it’s not by blood. Bear’s always going to know Matt as his dad. As long as we know that, then who gives a fuck.”
“I wish it were that easy babe,” Jason sighed.
“What do you mean?”
“The guys are pissed. They want to sue this guy.”
“Sue him?”
Neche and the girls are stared at me in fascination.
“Yeah. Matt wants to leave the tour and…”
“Matt can’t leave the tour!”
Neche grabbed the phone from my hands, “Jason let me talk to my husband.”
She then stood up and walked away. She was gone for five minutes before she finally came back and handed me my phone.
“Hello?”
“Hey babe. Whatever Neche said to Matt convinced him to stay, but he’s not happy. I’m sorry we really didn’t get to talk, but I have to go.”
“I figured as much. I miss you Jason.”
“I miss you too Mina. But try to have fun with your friends. They love you too. See you in three weeks baby,” he said.
“Not soon enough,” I groaned.
“Believe me, if I could be home now, I would be. I love you Mina.”
“I love you too Jason.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long. I was busyyyy <3
Thank you to our lovely commenters, it makes me feel so good to know you like our story.
We're still looking for a banner please :D

Comment and Subscribe!
Kels