Status: Abonează-te şi în comentariu va rog! ( comment and subscribe please!)

Frumos Dezordine (Beautiful Disarray)

Disarray

“Hey, Disarray, can I talk to you?” I turned to see Demetri. I grinned. “ Of course. What do you need?” I asked, loading up my tray full of salads for my group of people. He grabbed it for me.

“I need to talk to you about Demani.” I refused to let my smile slip at that name. He really got under my skin. “ Absolutely. What is it that you want to talk about?” we began weaving through the crowd.

“Well, he’s a player. And when he sets his sights on someone, he doesn’t stop until he has them.” I shrugged, pushing a hole for him through the crowd.

“And Des…” he said, then paused before sighing. “ he has his sights set on you.” I shrugged. “ Guess for once he’s not getting what he wants.” He grinned, ruffling my hair. “ That’s the Des I know. Now lets get this to the guys.”

“ Ok, here.” I said, taking it. He took a salad off and began handing them out. I made light conversation with Gemini.

“You know, you would look really pretty with make-up. Like, model pretty.” She said suddenly. I shrugged one shoulder.

“ I don’t like wearing anything but eyeliner, and I didn’t have time to wear it today.” She sighed.

“That sucks. You’re the nicest person I’ve ever talked to, and you wont come work with me.” She pretended to pout, and I laughed, and I noticed some of the eyes (all of the guys) looking at me.

“I wasn’t going to offer her a job.” Demani said. She scowled at him briefly. “ Shut up. You know she’d make a great model. Every time you guys look at her you think she’s hotter. I know the looks you’ve been giving her.”

“Thanks for talking about me like I’m not here.” I said mildly, taking the last salad, remembering that Demani had ordered it. I sat it down in front of him as Gemini gasped. “ I’m sorry, Des-“

“It’s fine. I’m definitely used to it.” I glared playfully in Demetri’s direction, and he grinned.

“Always, Des.” He winked, and I rolled my eyes, turning away to realize Demani was looking at me with a calculating expression.

Ok, so he was pretty hot, I’ll admit. He had that black shaggy looking hair that most girls dislike, but I happen to find very attractive. He was one of those guys who was definitely on the swim team in high school, and was lean but broad across the shoulders. He had chiseled features and a square jaw, and he had aqua blue eyes. He had a white button up shirt on, but the buttons stopped about three or four from the top. He also had black slacks on, and he was stretched out, completely at ease.

“Your eyes aren’t Green.” He said suddenly. I frowned. “ My eyes change colors. What color are they now?”

“ Dark, Dark, seductive blue.” He said in a low voice. I rolled my eyes. “ Right, ok. Demetri? Did you get everyone’s salads passed out?” He nodded, distracted by a story that Will was telling. I began walking off, and then realized that a hand had snapped out and stopped me.

”What makes you’re eyes turn colors?” Demani asked in a conversational tone. I sighed. “ My emotions, usually. Sometimes the colors around me make them seem a different color than they actually are. Why?” he shrugged, letting his hand slide along my stomach until he dropped it completely.

“Just making conversation.” I felt Demetri behind me suddenly.

“A conversation that needs to end now. They have some drinks that need to be refilled, Disarray.” I nodded, going back to the kitchen. I thought back, and grabbed everyone who needed a drink a refill. See, I had one of those minds that never forgets anything. Ever. It’s very sad.

“Here you guys go.” I said, handing out drinks.

“We didn’t say we need these.” Darren said, confused. I grinned. “ I know, but I saw that you needed them.” I said, setting his in front of him.

“ and you remembered that after you got to the kitchen.”

“Yes.” I said simply, shooting Demetri a look when he opened his mouth. He grinned.

“HEY! DISARRAY! ORDER UP!” Mattie called. I groaned, giving Demetri a look. He laughed. “ I’ll be the muscle if you be the brains, deal?” I grinned, weaving my way to the kitchen again. He carried both trays to the table, and within five minutes almost everyone was eating. I refilled one more glass, and then went to the kitchen. Demani’s meal still wasn’t done. I had to wait Ten minutes before it was. Ribs. Of course he would get the most expensive thing we make. I brought it to him.

“ I’m sorry you had to wait, Demani.” I said slightly breathless from carrying it. He met my eyes. “ I’ll forgive you if you go out with me.” I narrowed my eyes.

“ No thanks. I don’t need to be forgiven, that would be Mattie.” I said, turning. He caught my wrist. “ Hey, what does it mean if her eyes are brown?” Demetri looked my way, and held back a laugh. “ She’s slightly annoyed, but not enough to be mad.” I gave Demani a polite smile. “ Please let me go.” He gave me a level look, and then suddenly released me.